amik10
atoy120

Chris Christie is a bad role model for kids because he is overweight.

amik10

amik10

Pro

First Round is acceptance. I wish my opponent the best of luck.
atoy120

Con

Bring forth your case.
amik10

Pro

Chris Christie is obese. Not doubt about it. He is a prominent GOP figure, that will most likely become the GOP presidential nominee in 2016. As the NJ governor he has become a role model in NJ. Children in NJ have looked after their governor, especially since he acted so nobly after hurricane sandy. He may become president, where kids all over the nation, will look up to him and see him as a role model. Since he is so fat, it will make obese children seem ok with their unhealthy body, and lifestyle. He will also make currently non-obese kids, want to become obese as they now will see it as ok to obese, especially since their presidential role model is obese, and their obese piers seem perfectly fine with being fat.
atoy120

Con

Seriously? Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they are a bad role model. Nobody wants to be fat and he won't make people want to be fat. He won't make people think that it is ok to be fat. People will see what good things he did after sandy and people will want to be like that.
amik10

Pro

I think that my opponent is missing the key point of my argument. If Christie becomes president it will become the social norm to be obese, as the PRESIDENT himself is obese. Kids who are unhealthy and obese will now feel that it is fine to be obese because the president is obese. It will also eliminate all presidential health movement programs that the Obama's have started because Christie is obese. Christie cannot say to the public "hey go out there and be healthy because being fat is bad" when he himself is fat.

Therefore Christie is a bad role model for kids because he is overweight, and I strongly urge the voter to vote PRO!
atoy120

Con

atoy120 forfeited this round.
amik10

Pro

My opponent forfeited the round, all points are extended.
atoy120

Con

Nobody looks up to the president as a role model. Not every fat person is bad. I don't know why you think that. He is not going to go out there and say everybody get fat. He might not even become president.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Of your willing to of course.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
I'll debate you on this sometime pro.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
amik10atoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a better case. He at least gave premises for his conclusions.
Vote Placed by Shader609 3 years ago
Shader609
amik10atoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though I agree with con, pro had better argument. Con not having a round 3 is the reason why I have to vote for pro.
Vote Placed by Projectid 3 years ago
Projectid
amik10atoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Points for conduct go to the Pro because of the FF by the Con. The Pro gave a convincing argument that people in the public spotlight represent a responsibility to the people looking up to them to be good role models in all aspects even in how we allow ourselves to look. The Con did not make much of an argument against the Pro.