dirtygabbchez666
Iquanttowin

Chris Kyle a was not a hero nor did he fight for our freedom.

Iquanttowin

dirtygabbchez666

Con

I don't know if this would be the proper way to debate....or if this belongs in the opinion section.....either way.....send me sources on proper debate format and focus on the argument.....If Chris Kyle was a hero who fought for our freedom, then Jesus Christ was our savior who died for our sins. - I use this comparison because the word hero is being used as in courage and self-sacrifice for the *Greater Good*

So I want to point out that no American Freedom is currently at stake in Iraq. Let us not take the recognition away from the soldiers that fought for American Freedom during the revolutionary war - World War II ....

So....we would be hypocrites to say that killing insurgents in iraq is for the greater good and i think many people confuse insurgency with terrorism... to keep it simple and straight to the point.....Insurgency is a rebellion against a government ....the Americans were once the insurgents when it was the 13 colonies rebelling against Great Britain.

I wont accept that he was only carrying out his duties and that in his eyes he was fighting a just war because one could turn around and argue that in the eyes of Hitler, In the eye of The Suicide Bombers, in the Eyes of Jim Jones and the rest who drank the cool-aid.

I am not calling him a bad guy.....In his book he clearly stated that he considered the people he killed savages....he told bill o'rielly that he doesn't know and doesn't care if iraqi considered him a savage.......he also stated that he enjoyed killing savages and that he enjoyed it as a job.

That tells me that he did it because he enjoyed it........that doesn't sound like self-sacrifice it sounds like indulgence. ....

Weather or not there is something wrong with enjoying it and not feeling guilty is an entire different argugment.

Don't focus on my grammer either because American English is not proper English
Iquanttowin

Pro

Any soldier that is willing to risk his life for America is a hero.
dirtygabbchez666

Con

Then you need to explain to me what American Freedom is CURRENTLY not historically at stake? What did he do to defend our freedom.? And if simply defending your country makes you a hero....than you would agree that Hitler too was a hero?
I didn't think so. I
Iquanttowin

Pro

A hero is "a person, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities."
I don't know about you but putting your life on the line for values you believe in sounds like a person who would be "admired for courage."

Now you talk about what freedoms are at stake right now. Well currently there armies of Muslim extremists trying to kill every American. North Korea is threatening to nuke the west coast. As well as they have hacked Sony and threatened the release of the movie The Interview.

Next you asked what Chris did to help American freedoms. He fought to prevent all of the last paragraph.

Finally you claim Hitler would be a hero. However, he is not the one going out and fighting he is away from danger not in the front lines. Plus he was not fighting for any "noble qualities". He was fighting for oppression and trying to conquer the world.
dirtygabbchez666

Con

I think he should be admired for being a Master of War, Merciless, Champion, and what I admire most about him is that he did not show any shame in dehumazing the enemy because that is the only way he could enjoy what he does is by bringing them down to savage level. He was not remourseful and when asked if he thinks that the Iraqis might consider him a savage he said he doesn't know and he doesn't care. And he said in a interview that he enjoyed killing savages. It isn't a sacrifice when you openly admit that you do it because you enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with that. Someone has to protect the little bit of land and resources that are left on this planet and that is ultimately what it is about it is a Natural instinct that every living species will carry .

Now the people he killed were insrugents.....they were rebelling against their own Government. They are doing what the Americans did when they rebelled against Great Britain during the revolutionary war. We were once the radical extremist. Let the damn arabs have their revolution and quit using our freedom as an excuse the history on the war in Iraq doesn't start at 9/11.

When we stop pretending like we hold the moral high ground and start making honest choices , and thinking critically in how we elect and what policy we will support and stand up against leaders and hold them accountable for the bad choices they have made....and demand that they stop stealing from their own people *by they I mean imposed taxes* in order to support a bunch of jews and their occupation in Palestine.........and we fight to change our penal system.....then no American freedom is being taken into consideration.

Calling them hero and sayng they are fighting for our freedom is political rhetoric it is sycophancy and it's is shallow.
Iquanttowin

Pro

Chris Kyle fought for what he for what he believed and made sure American freedoms were and are protected. Calling him not a hero is calling all soldiers not a hero. These people put there lives on the line for us everyday and should be respected for that.
Posted by PatulousDescry 2 years ago
PatulousDescry
Baptist, much of what you said I believe is untrue regarding Rumsfeld's excuse for invading Iraq. Not that it matters. You trust your masters in Washington DC. I am sorry to break it to you but they are self serving minions of Satan. You made a mistake by following their orders. You helped to bankrupt our nation, diminish the value of The Constitution of the United States of America and made this world less safe for our children. Our enemies are already inside the gates. They walk among us. They wear suits and ties not turbans and tunics. I have been a coward in so many ways so many times I have nothing to brag about. You may have been brave in battle and earned your bragging rights but so have the "savages" that you fought. It doesn't make either of you heroes. It doesn't mean you fought for my me or my fellows. These wars are to serve the new world oligarchs. Sorry to tell you this. I have a clue I think. I think for myself not how the government brainwashed me to think. I am truly sorry.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Yeah dont them wrong, I'm calling him a bad guy;
"I hate the damn savages (talking about the Iraqis) and I"ve been fighting and I always will. I love killing bad guys. Even with the pain, I loved what I was doing. Maybe war isn"t very fun, but I certainly was enjoying it."
He also claimed to want to kill Katrina looters and woshes he couldve killed anyine holding a Qaran.
Of all the people to make a hero, it makes zero sense to me to use this man
Posted by dirtygabbchez666 2 years ago
dirtygabbchez666
Do you want me to remove this I have no problem doing that?
Posted by dirtygabbchez666 2 years ago
dirtygabbchez666
I am not vilifying you or any other marine or giving war a bad name. You don't know what I have seen, my father was in the Honduran Air Force, and I am thankful that he was stationed at Williams otherwise I would be stuck in the s hole country that my family is from. My visit there was a display headless torso's scattered across the roads...so I am lucky that our country isn't f-ed up like that. Maybe it was selfish and easy for me to use you situations as the topic of my argument I didn't mean any disrespect.

With that being said.....I am being a critic of the chose of words people use with out putting much thought into them and how sometimes making statements such as "they are defending our freedom, they are fighting insurgents, war on terror" I think that itself is just taking what people hear on the news or the president say. Politicians are no different than preachers..clever with their speech and good at spreading their propaganda to further their agenda's. And I hope that by next elections people will chose wisely instead of blindly.
Posted by dirtygabbchez666 2 years ago
dirtygabbchez666
I think the word hero is generic it is a cliche and it is shallow to just parrot political rhetoric. I think you guys deserve more thoughtful words to describe your qualities such as Warrior, Champion, Trooper, Merciless, Masters of War, and lacks remorse. .I don't buy into the sloppy rhetoric and I think people need to reject it. Because if simply fighting for your country makes you a hero...than the word hero itself can be applied to anyone else such as Hitler. But what is worse is that it is a form of flattery.....anyway there are more than just liberal conservative right wing left wing ideology. In case you have any interest....I was not inspired by Liberal Douche bags such as Michael fat slop of profanity not allowed Moore. I was reading a book that is far from lousy and after hearing the hero-coward debate I decided to attack the use of the word Hero...

niccolo machiavelli
Chapter 23: Avoid Flatterers & Sycophants
You know who they are: the people around you who praise your every decision, who tell you how smart you are, how wise you are, how brave you are, what a nice suit you"re wearing today. These are the flatterers, the sycophants, the smooth talkers. They deceive you with lush words that make you feel good. And for the most part, it works. Who doesn"t want to bask in the adoration of others?
Posted by BaptistMarine 2 years ago
BaptistMarine
Take this from someone who has been in war. What you know about Iraq or Afghanistan is only what CNN tells you right? The liberals always forget Saddam attacked Kuwait in the 90's, lost the war to NATO, and then had sanctions placed on his country. (Mind you we allowed him to stay in power) He then kicked out NATO inspectors for his biological weapons facilities (you know the ones he slaughtered the kurds with?) and broke the sanctions placed upon him. He was repeatedly warned against this and then September 2011 happened and Osama wanted a piece of the U.S. We went into Afghanistan and then months later since Saddam was given an ultimatum to comply with sanctions or face consequences (which he flipped us off); we marched our troops across the border of Iraq and handled business.

NOW, all that being said, you have no clue what is actually going on in this world, to include not much of the general public either. The powers that be that battle behind the scenes that no news network knows about, and all to keep you safe in bed at night. Mind you i'm not a fan of the spying on our own people lately, but if you knew what really went on in the intelligence community you'd defecate yourself. Therefore your debate topic is ignorant and is filled with fallacy right from it's premise.
Posted by dirtygabbchez666 2 years ago
dirtygabbchez666
What is liberal about my argument? Liberalism is the reason why I dropped out of college so I don't know how going back would cure the so called "Liberal Ignorance" ? What is it that you think I need to be educated on? What type of reading material would you recommend? Point out the flaws in my argument? I am open to criticism but make it constructive.
Posted by BaptistMarine 2 years ago
BaptistMarine
This is a typical, ignorant, and liberal argument that demonstrates the instigator needs to go back to college and educate herself. What a lousy debate topic!!
Vote Placed by RepublitariansUnite 2 years ago
RepublitariansUnite
dirtygabbchez666IquanttowinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had nothing except person bias. Pro had history, dictionary definitions, and evidence.
Vote Placed by Jingle_Bombs 2 years ago
Jingle_Bombs
dirtygabbchez666IquanttowinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues effectively that Chris Kyle put his own life on the line for the sake of other people. Pro also argues that Chris Kyle was willing to fight and die for what he believed in. His uniformed service also helped protect the American people's freedom from tyranny and persecution by foreign threats (see Pro's round 2). These are all the character attributes of a hero.