Albert
Bigh

Christian book of Daniel - prophecy

Albert

Pro

I'm For - Book of Daniel speaks of events which 90% have already occurred. Jesus did refer to the book and Daniel, but my position is that the majority has already been fulfilled.

Against - Will need to provide strong relation to directly link Daniel to 'apocalyptic' events, which would refers to future (aka 2012+ events).

Rules, if my opponent agrees should help the debate run easier.

-Short factual replies, if something takes an essay to say, it may lose it's meaning.
-If a prophecy has already come to pass, it cannot be used continually to fit an idea.
-Preferably an opponent which is interested in the subject.
-Every point must be answered or clearly noted if the opponent or I wish a direct reply ie - 1)... a)... *....

My opening statement.
Book of Daniel reads much like a text book, which slowly reveals visions, concepts, timeline and explanation for each vision and it's meaning. A book which which teach's the reader from start to finish, and allows a clear understanding of each vision, and what's implying/suggesting.

I see this in practice in chapter 4, where the Kings dream is shown, then Daniel explains, and also fulfilled. Then chapter 7:9 vision shown, 7:15 explained. Again chapter 8:1 vision, 8:15 explained. But what's interesting to note at 8:17 Gabriel says "Son of Man, understand that the vision concerns the time of the end."

1) If the explanation given to Daniel is that his vision is for the "time of the end" and that vision which is Persia's defeat to Alexander the Great, how can this vision be used again for end time anti-Christ times?

2) Also it's clear the term "end time" isnt always for anti-Christ times.

3) I would like my opponent to show the first vision which can be directly linked to apocalyptic era.
Bigh

Con

What is the question
Albert

Pro

Isn't it better to understand the debate before taking the Con position?

--

My 3 statements have not been addressed, and Con hasn't shown any type of counter argument - therefore my position remains the same and i'm waiting for his reply.
Bigh

Con

Bigh forfeited this round.
Albert

Pro

It's rude to waste others time Mr Bigh
Bigh

Con

Bigh forfeited this round.
Posted by Albert 4 years ago
Albert
It may appear your siding with not believing in God or the reality of prophecy, both of which are better suited for a debate direct towards these topics.
Posted by iamnotwhoiam 4 years ago
iamnotwhoiam
What about the position that these prophecies have not been fulfilled and may not ever be fulfilled? I would like to take the Con position to your assertion that the prophecies have been fulfilled, but I don't see any reason to link them to an apocalypse.