Amplifier
girbrother2

Christian rock music. Changes people of the church to become more like the world.

Amplifier

Pro

Rock music is now common through churchs. Leaders of the church were declearing to the world "we are finished" we are now like you. "Gods not here we are inviting you for some fun, and good easy message."

this is a gray area in the bible, please reply not with scripture, that can be shaped into whatever argument you want.
girbrother2

Con

Okay, ummm, well, uhhhhhhh, I'll just say you are FOR Christian Rock, because that's what you put down. So, Rock in the Church degrades the holy, spiritual part, being with God, and emphasises the earthly, human portion, really long guitar solos and head banging. Is not church for becoming closer with God, and not the corporeal enjoyments, I have not found anywhere in the Bible nor in the Catechism of the Catholic books that suggests this, " And the Lord said let there be rock, and there was rock, - super awsome guitar solo- bleeebleeebleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" This just prooves the drift away from God and towards a few of the seven deadliest sins, or bad things that you shouldn't do, if you're not Catholic, Lust, Envy, Gluttony, and the worst, Pride. Therefore, rock during mass, or whatever you call it, is actually leading people to sin, or to Satan, and so it might just be better not going to the church with the drum set, and the tamborines, and the kazoo, and the electric guitar, and the... .
Amplifier

Pro

Amplifier forfeited this round.
girbrother2

Con

sigh, okay, if you are going to start a debate, at least finish it with some dignity left! Rock music in church degrades the spiritual abilities of the followers of the faith, and takes them away from God.
Amplifier

Pro

Hello. I have been delayed in getting back to 'girbrother2' who join this debate.
About my opening statment, i was saying that rock in church is taking people away from God and i agree with that statment (pro stance). But i now see I must re-phrase this debate, my oboligies. I will open my time today for a new debate.

my oboligies to 'girbrother2'.
girbrother2

Con

girbrother2 forfeited this round.
Posted by DATCMOTO 8 years ago
DATCMOTO
" Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the father is not in him." 1JOHN2:15 NKJV
" Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with this world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to make be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. " JAMES4:4 NKJV

You cannot get much more worldly than RocknRoll etc.. The purpose of this music is purely emotional, to 'lose control'.. One of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is self control, the EXACT opposite.
Consider the negative effect the counter culture has on SECULAR society since the late 1950's.. And we're bringing it into the Church?
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
I was look at giving you my personal experiance with dealings with leaders which is not for public veiwing.
Posted by HandsOff 8 years ago
HandsOff
Thanks for the jesture, but I'm not interested in any additional information. As an American I and others like me get our daily dose. I was just making the point that religion has become very in-your-face as of late. I think it's obnoxious and rude behavior.
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
How may I email you HandsOff?
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
Hello again HandsOff,

-you do not know the church, never have you seen it, but only from true persecution will the church come back again, not with construction sites of lies and false repentance but with power and strength.

All those who see, look! He who is first shall be last, again I say he who is glorified will be in hiding in darkness.
Posted by HandsOff 8 years ago
HandsOff
Yeah, I think it's ridiculous. Even if I were a Christian, I'd try to stop the adulteration. Is nothing sacred so long as it is at risk of seeming boring?
Posted by Amplifier 8 years ago
Amplifier
Hello HandsOff.

I wish to say thank you for seeing truth in my words, and yes thank you. But your response does not surprise me. You see this, so do I,

remember this,
"As a child is unruly so shall he be corrected, but for those who will not change, there house will fall with the writing still on the walls."

I pray you remember, you will see this.

But if you look at those around you for the answers you will not be satisfied, you too will be consumed. But not all will fall away, only those who have ears will see the world re-newed.
Posted by HandsOff 8 years ago
HandsOff
I like the good old days when Christians seemed a little more conservative, and their beliefs were not outwordly displayed so much. Now they flaunt their beliefs with all sorts of edgy alternative lifestyle clothing and car graphics. You know what I mean, the "not-of-this-world" crowd. It annoys the hell out of me. I don't sport atheist or agnostic apparel. Maybe I'll go shopping. When did Christianity become cool and trendy? Christ wasn't known for his type of behavior.
Posted by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
See! It only took a minute lol
Posted by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
Yeah, I have no idea what Pro's point is. I'm sure someone will scoop up this debate though just to attack his inconsistency/clarity and obtain the easy win.
Vote Placed by Who 8 years ago
Who
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied
Vote Placed by lawyer_in_training 8 years ago
lawyer_in_training
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied
Vote Placed by scorpionclone 8 years ago
scorpionclone
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied
Vote Placed by paul_tigger 8 years ago
paul_tigger
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied
Vote Placed by Spiral 8 years ago
Spiral
Amplifiergirbrother2Tied