ChristianPunk
SANTORUM2012

Christian vs Christian: Prayer and Christmas is Being Attacked

ChristianPunk

Con

In this debate, I will be challenging mainly the religious. Especially the government. I put this in Society because though it may be a political concern, it is more about the democratic society we live in that is getting ignored.

Con must be somebody who thinks it's ok to have things such as Christianity being sponsored throughout the community.

Now just to note, Christians don't share the same view. And I will be the classic example of that. I have noticed from several videos, sites, and even presidential ads where they say things like "I'm a Christian and I'm proud. America is under attack by atheists who want to get rid of Christians and their rights." I'm here to call the bull. Not only is my intentions to prove to my opponent that Prayer and Christmas are not being attacked (nor will they be able to be attacked), I will also point out the hypocrisy in the Christians when it comes to the subject.

Now one thing I will point out. The founding fathers can be a debatable thing. But from what I researched, they were neither Christian nor Atheists. Maybe some were secular, but they were more Deists than anything. And not only does the 1st amendment forbid people from making laws respecting an establishment of religion, but nobody can prohibit one's practice for religion. So it's a double standard. This was mainly due to Thomas Jefferson who came up with that idea. And the 1796 with Tripoli states that America was not founded upon Christian traditions.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com...
SANTORUM2012

Pro

Excellent Debate!

I will be siding with Christianity and the fact It IS and WILL CONTINUE to face attacks by the rapidly growing secular government. Now, I agree, not all Christians may agree politically just like not all Atheist agree on everything as well. I will be coming from the stand point of a christian-conservative. I am looking forward to debating this with you and thank you for the opportunity!

Good luck! :)
ChristianPunk

Con

The subject will also gather around a hint of something I feel strongly against. Religious Fascism. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't see conservatives as Christians. I will just get that out there. They fail to see changes in the world as blessings from God. The Jews knew that they couldn't fight the Christians anymore after Paul of Tarsus was converted. They believe if it is God's will, then we can do nothing.

So that's what has been going with Christmas since we CAN say Christmas and celebrate it. We can pray in school. Rick Perry thought Obama was trying to get rid of religion when that isn't true since Obama is one of the Christian faith himself If you look it up. He's not a Muslim. Everybody started these rumors about him because of Muslims asking for alliances with America. Americans that are conservatives consider this to be un-American and a threat to the Christian Faith. Last I saw anything, the religious conservatives such as George W. Bush and Richard Nixon. Now name me a president who was secular and was trying to attack Christianity. Also, tell me who in the government is secular. You may think that me as a Christian Anarchist is hypocritical, but you said not all Christians are the same since I see your Christian conservatism as hypocrisy towards God. I will end my 2nd opening statement by asking you to view the Hypocrites video I have put on here.
SANTORUM2012

Pro

SANTORUM2012 forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
SANTORUM2012

Pro

SANTORUM2012 forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
SANTORUM2012

Pro

SANTORUM2012 forfeited this round.
ChristianPunk

Con

ChristianPunk forfeited this round.
SANTORUM2012

Pro

SANTORUM2012 forfeited this round.
Posted by glowingdisco 3 years ago
glowingdisco
Dang. I was hoping you were Pro so I could eat you alive...

Oh well.