QuestenOnTheRoad
octo

Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism should be taught in public school as well as secular beliefs.

QuestenOnTheRoad

Pro

I believe that the history, culture, beliefs of creation, the meanings of life, and lessons of morality from various well-known religions such as Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam should be taught as well as secular values and viewpoints in U.S. public grade schools.

(Contention One:) I believe that students who have been thoroughly taught about religions and secularism will grow up to be more open-minded and less prejudice against people and cultures of various world religions and atheist/agnostic people and culture alike.

(*RULES FOR THIS DEBATE* This debate shall be set up in a series of three contentions. For example, you, the opponent, will state your opposing view, then create a contention backing your view. You will then go on to attack the contention I made previous. I will do the same, and so on. The final round, we will do the same, except we will make a final summary of all your attacks and contentions and why you won this debate. Thank you and good luck!)

Remember: Your view should completely negate the sentence I first stated.
QuestenOnTheRoad

Pro

QuestenOnTheRoad forfeited this round.
octo

Con

octo forfeited this round.
QuestenOnTheRoad

Pro

QuestenOnTheRoad forfeited this round.
octo

Con

octo forfeited this round.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
At least post something for last round pro!! :/
Posted by SUDDENXD3ATH 3 years ago
SUDDENXD3ATH
It is a waste of valuable money and teachers to spend time teaching Christian students Hinduism, Hindu students Buddhism, or teaching Buddhists Christianity. Things like advanced sciences and math would be a much better allotment of said resources.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
They are. They call it world religions.
Posted by MrSparklyCow 3 years ago
MrSparklyCow
I am confused as to whether you are debating as to whether students should learn these religions as what is believed by their followers, or whether they should be taught as fact? if it is the former then I would wholeheartedly agree with you, and take your side, but if you are arguing for the latter than I shall immediately accept your challenge.