ansel
hazlepeace

Christianity Is In Crisis: It Is Time To Recognize That The Second Coming Of Jesus IS a Myth.

hazlepeace

ansel

Pro

The Jehovah Witnesses have calculated the prophetic seven times, at the end of which the Messianic kingdom of the Lord must be established, to have ended in the year 1914, from the departure time of the year of the carrying away of the Hebrews to Babylon. They claim that Jesus became king in the heavens in 1914, which is inconsistent with the prophecies which describe the event as something that all eyes will see, which if it took place in the heavens no one would be able to see the face of the Lord. I don"t agree with the departure time of the J W and have arrived at one of which it is that of the year when the Hebrews were freed to return and rebuild the temple, which means that with the use of a good calendar to calculate the seven times, I have arrived at 2005 being the end. One thing is sure and that is that the seven times have been completed and the second coming of Jesus has not taken place and all those who preach it should recognize its failure and stop doing so and instead start seeking to get to know the truth about the kingdom of the Lord.
hazlepeace

Con

im sure jesus never had a set out date to come
ansel

Pro

You are wrong, prophecies which initiated the concepts of the coming of the Messiah and the establishments of the sacred kingdom do have chronological aspects but the second coming of Jesus does not form parts of these prophecies but was introduced into the Bible by people who gave themselves a blank cheque on time. Writings that claim that there is a second coming of Jesus are invalid scriptures that do not agree with ancient prophecies.
hazlepeace

Con

Rome wasn't built in a day. You cant sit here and give up on Jesus just because the second coming of Jesus hasn't happen yet.How reliable are ancient prophecies answer that?
ansel

Pro

ansel forfeited this round.
hazlepeace

Con

I assume I have won this debate as my opponent has forfeited this round?
ansel

Pro

ansel forfeited this round.
hazlepeace

Con

I am slightly confused about my opponents debate as you keep forfeiting your round. I will continue my debate.

I personally am not a Christian but I do believe ,from what I have learnt you can not believe all the prophecies . If you believe in Jesus than surely you will follow him no matter when he is coming back.

i do not know if my opponent is Christian from what I can gather he isn't but I think 'Christianity is in crisis' is an extremely ridiculous accusation. anybody in religion isn't supposed to murder but they do , religion bends and this is just another bend in Christianity.
ansel

Pro

ansel forfeited this round.
hazlepeace

Con

I am extremely confused as to why my partner keeps forfeiting so just to conclude:

I believe the second coming of Jesus is not a myth because I believe Jesus will come down when he feels he needs to of there is a purpose.
Posted by simpleman 3 years ago
simpleman
In Hebrew, the name was really Yeshua or Yehushua bar Joseph. Jesus Christ is a title, not a name. Jesus ho Christos is a Greek translation of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach from Hebrew. The title means Yeshua the Anointed, which refers to His role as High Priest of His Father.
Posted by tahir.imanov 3 years ago
tahir.imanov
The second coming of Jesus of Christianity is totally myth. But the second coming of real Jesus Christ is real.
By the way Christ is not the LAST NAME of Jesus.
Vote Placed by Bordenkircher 3 years ago
Bordenkircher
anselhazlepeaceTied
Reasons for voting decision: It seems as if Pro came to preach rather than debate. Although none has good arguments, Pro did not logically respond nor did his conclusion come from any of his premises.