conway_twitty
TimothyLight

Christianity and My Little Pony

conway_twitty

Pro

im a Christian. I always have been my whole life. I believe in the Lord, and I try to do what is right, but that's where I have some questions. I dont drink, do drugs, or go out and do some bad stuff on the weekends. I love series, but some of the stuff I watch is not probably the best stuff. There's little things like that in my life that I love, yet am afraid to lose if I completely give my life to the Lord. I don't know if it's a comfort zone or what. For example, I love MLP and all of the ponies, but the songs and some parts are not good in the least, but the feeling i get from it is so good. I want to grow closer to the Lord, but I don't want to lose everything I'm already comfortable with. Any advice? Thanks everyone. :)

please add me on skype : antaresxvii
TimothyLight

Con

I am a Christian, yet I like Techno, and Dubstep music. I also like watching TV. I think if you truly worship the lord, and be righteous about what you do you'll be fine. In the bible it says don't add, or subtract rules from the bible. It doesn't say anything about Dubstep. I hope this reassures you.
conway_twitty

Pro

conway_twitty forfeited this round.
TimothyLight

Con

TimothyLight forfeited this round.
conway_twitty

Pro

conway_twitty forfeited this round.
TimothyLight

Con

TimothyLight forfeited this round.
conway_twitty

Pro

conway_twitty forfeited this round.
TimothyLight

Con

TimothyLight forfeited this round.
conway_twitty

Pro

conway_twitty forfeited this round.
TimothyLight

Con

TimothyLight forfeited this round.
Posted by TimothyLight 2 years ago
TimothyLight
If you choose church over TV, but you still watch it some other time, is it still bad?
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
@White_Fire

My question still remains. How reliable is that method of coming to good decisions? How many people were sure they had done just that before doing terrible things?
Posted by White_Fire 2 years ago
White_Fire
@UndeniableReality

I think you missed the point of what I said.When you believe something to be sin,bring it to the Lord and look at it in light of scripture.Everything,regardless of whether you believe it is sin or not however,should be brought before the Lord and looked at in light of scripture.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
@White_Fire

How many people have done the wrong thing after being convinced that they have the correctly answered all three of those questions?
Posted by White_Fire 2 years ago
White_Fire
Conway,there are 3 questions you need to ask yourself to determine whether what you are watching or doing is is sinful in your life.

1.Am I convicted in my spirit about this?
2.Does this bring me under it's power(Can't resist this thing)
3.Does this build me up spiritually.

Many things don't hurt you spiritually,yet they don't build you up either,these are grey areas in your life and they should be kept in check.If something is one or both of the first two,you need to bring it before the Lord.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
@Shae

I haven't really noticed much religious symbolism in Canada. But you mentioned Christmas and the use of pagan symbols. Isn't Christmas a Christian adaptation of a pagan holiday in the first place?
Posted by Shae.Tezaria 2 years ago
Shae.Tezaria
@Esiar

I see, thank you. It's still a little hard wrapping my head around the problem though, probably because of a difference in culture. In the UK/US/Canada, you can't go five feet without running into some sort of similar symbology. Even Christmas there has been converted to use pagan symbols! http://www.britannica.com...

I guess in other countries or super-ascetic communities that sort of thing is a concern.
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
@Shae.Tezaria Pagan/Occult symbolism.
Posted by Shae.Tezaria 2 years ago
Shae.Tezaria
What specific complaint about the show goes against Christian doctrine? Is the show promoting lying, stealing, etc? I find that highly unlikely. In fact I can't see just about any children's show taking a viewpoint directly against a major religion. Maybe Judaism, as there are many strict laws that need to be followed (a character performing 'work' on a weekend is an easy way to do this).
Posted by Esiar 2 years ago
Esiar
MLP - https://www.youtube.com...
Dubstep & TV - 1 John 2:15