AWild_Josh
Mharman

Christianity conflicts with science

AWild_Josh has forfeited round #2.

AWild_Josh

Pro

In my view, Christianity directly contradicts with science.

I am talking about all denominations of Christianity, but obviously I am not familiar with absoluteness all of them so feel free to correct me on that.

Science - "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

First of all, I do not want to get into a debate on the existence of god, because that doesn't get anywhere. But, I will start by saying that the idea of the Christian god is an unscientific one, in that it is based on faith and not objective evidence. However, I think that Christianity brings about a few more issues than that.

First of all, Evolution does not work with Christianity. This is because, if the human race is evolving over time, that means there is no Garden of Eden, no Adam & Eve and apple, and therefore no original sin. If there is no original sin, not only is sin god's fault, but Jesus dying on the cross was completely pointless.
However, let us entertain the idea that Sin does work with evolution, at what point during our evolutionary stage did god start loving and caring for us more than other animals? Was it as we became the humans we are today, or was it a generation of species before us?

In addition, there is absolutely no evidence of the flood happening as it did in the bible. I am sure you are aware of how many species Noah would have had to keep on that Arc, and the obvious problems with the story, but I can explain further if need be. Also, Jesus refers to the Arc in the new testament, which shows that it is still relevant in Christianity.

That is all I believe, thank you for debating me in advance, I am a religious studies A levels student and I love debating things like this.
Mharman

Con

I must waive this round unfortunately.
Posted by Borealwarrior1 9 months ago
Borealwarrior1
God doesnt exist. Where do you get the idea that some being was created before anything that ever existed. Your saying someone that has the same features as us created the universe and everything in it. Believing in something that you cannot see touch smell or hear doesnt make any sense at all.