Christianity correlates more with Liberalism than Conservatism

I believe Christianity correlates more with Liberalism

Terms for Rounds
1-Acceptance Only
4-Conclusion (No new arguments)

The terms of Christianity, Liberalism and Conservatism cannot be changed/interpreted differently

Happy to Debate

I accept. This should be fun.

I will use the bible and other sources

When we think of Christianity we mainly think of the main figure of Christianity: Jesus

Jesus spent his entire life doing good works. Here are some. Curing people for free. Feeding people with someone else's fish and bread. Saying to a rich man to give up all that he has to the poor to join him

Okay lets break this down

#1 Curing people for absolutely no charge. (PS: Lepers were shunned out of society due to their infectious diesease so they were kicked out of society and became beggars)

Mark 1:40-43 - Then a leper came to Jesus (as he continued preaching and healing throughout Galilee), knelt in front of him and appealed to him, "If you want to, you can make me clean."

Jesus was filled with pity for him, and stretched out his hand and placed it on the leper, saying, "Of course I want to - be clean!"

At once the leprosy left him and he was quite clean. Jesus sent him away there and then with the strict injunction, "Mind you say nothing at all to anybody. Go straight off and show yourself to the priest, and make the offerings for your cleansing which Moses prescribed, as public proof of your recovery."

Let us think of what a conservative would say. A conservative would ask for money and if he was lazy call him a bum who doesn't take care of himself.

Proof that a conservative would do that? Only 7 percent of all of US conservatives think that the poor have hard lives. 7 PERCENT. The vast majority thinks they are bums that leach of the government. And if a conservative was back during the time of jesus they might rebuke him saying that that man will no longer have "personal responsibility" and that he will never "work hard" again.
Next Feeding a entire crowd for Free:

"Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, 'Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?' He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

Philip answered him, 'It would take more than half a year's wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!'"

While Philip (one of Jesus' disciples) was clearly worried about how to provide enough food for all of the people gathered there, Jesus already knew what he planned to do to solve the problem. Jesus had a miracle in mind, but he wanted to test Philip's faith before setting that miracle in motion.

"Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter"s brother, spoke up, 'Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?'"

It was a child who had the faith to offer his lunch to Jesus. Five loaves of bread and two fish weren't nearly enough to feed thousands of people for lunch, but it was a start. Instead of worrying about how the situation would turn out or sitting back and watching without trying to help, the boy decided to give what he had to Jesus and trust that Jesus would use it somehow to help feed the many hungry people there.

Jesus feeds a entire crowd using SOMEONE else's food. Ill give a clear analogy. Jesus is the government. The crowd are the hungry. The Boy with food is the rich. And the fish and bread are food stamps. Other than just following Jesus around the multitude of the crowd were beggars and people who did not have work to attend to.

A Conservative would say: Jesus, my lord, these people should have packed their own food, this boy worked hard for his food. Feed these men when we reach the (area they were travelling to)

Telling a Man to leave everything to the poor and follow him.

I do not need to give a verse of this. Jesus says basically "If you have followed all my fathers laws then give all your belongings to the poor and follow me".

Jesus is a socialist.

He is border communist saying these things. He is telling rich man to GIVE EVERYTHING to the poor. We call Bernie Sanders socialist for saying that rich people should give 55 percent of their income to the government for redistribution purposes.

Jesus is also extremely liberal. Using the Webster definition of conservatism (Which is the undisputable defintions we will be using)

:belief in the value of established and traditional practices in politics and society

: dislike of change or new ideas in a particular area

Basically sticking to the past. However Jesus says that past laws should be revoked and that their needs to be a new age of kindness. A parable outlines that Jesus confronts a crowd about to stone an adulterer. The crowd says that in the old law it says to stone woman who cheat. So Jesus said "He who is without sin throw the first stone"

So basically Jesus is instiuting a new law not to kill adulterers

Cough Cough liberalism.

So lets look at the main issues in todays society in the US and ill see if I can pinpoint Jesus's stance

-guns (anti "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword")
-Food Stamps (Pro already explained)
-Redistribution of Wealth (Pro already explained)
-War (Anti look at gun definition)
-Healthcare (Very socialistic. Probably on Bernie Sanders side of things)
-Abortion (This is tricky. There is no scripture detailing abortion. Con can talk about this but I will rebut him)
-Womens rights (Jesus always thought men and women were equal and while he didn't explicitly speak of this it can be inferred he did not think women were inferior to men)

So as you can see Jesus is very liberal and republicans would scream that he is a communist if he ever ran for an office in these modern days

Vote Pro

Your move Con

All Sources

usawinseverytime forfeited this round.

Because you FF last round i win the conduct points.

I will await your response

usawinseverytime forfeited this round.

I will await your response

usawinseverytime forfeited this round.
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Well I actually thought he would debate

And to be fair I made it an open debate so......yeah anyone could've joined
Posted by Sciguy 10 months ago
Darn, I thought this debate actually had some potential. I suppose you allowed an incompetent vermin challenge you in this debate, Reformist.

Vote pro for conduct.
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
It seems to me like he will forfeit the round I think
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
So your not going to use comment section for your vote?

Posted by Sciguy 10 months ago
And that I shall.
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Yeah but this was in comment section

So you cant judge me on comments

You have to judge me on the debate
Posted by Sciguy 10 months ago
Well, I said I will vote con for CONDUCT. That is unless he forfeited this round which seems likely.

I would rather you, read that slowly sir. I could literally go out and stab a pregnant woman to death to punish her for her sins if I wanted to, would that count as an abortion? No, it would be murder! There for that verse is not talking of abortion it is murder it is speaking of.

I am not going to vote out of bias, I will obviously vote you for sources.... maybe.

You ignorant fool.
Posted by canis 10 months ago
The point is your "yes".
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
"There is a correlation between monkey and man. But it does not make monkeys out of man. and man out of monkeys"

Yes but it makes that man more similar to a monkey than to a lizard or a turtle

Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Also lol

"Their pregnant women ripped open"

Read that slowly

Also you refused to bring up Numbers 5

Thankfully I proved you wrong

Vote Placed by Midnight1131 10 months ago