telisw37
bman77

Christianity is Satanic and against the Bible they Babble from.......

telisw37

Pro

The Christian religion is built on false traditions of man. Not found in bible...............................
bman77

Con

I accept this debate and will argue that Christianity is not satanic.
telisw37

Pro

Christ never gave more than a word of thanks. Christ always prayed alone.
So why do Christians?

6 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

bman77

Con

bman77 forfeited this round.
telisw37

Pro

My opponent offered nothing.
bman77

Con

bman77 forfeited this round.
telisw37

Pro

Again my opponent offered nothing to debate against.
bman77

Con

bman77 forfeited this round.
telisw37

Pro

Nothing to debate. Vote Pro.
bman77

Con

bman77 forfeited this round.
Posted by bman77 3 years ago
bman77
Pro, I thank you for the debate. I will post my argument as soon as I can.
Posted by luna4life 3 years ago
luna4life
What is the basis for your argument? (directed to pro). That because Christians pray in private the religion is satanic?
- Christianity is based on the Bible, and therefore is not against it.
- It is true, that when people such as you convolute the verses to fit your instances, you will have a point, but you will simply be misinterpreting the truth.

Also, yes, there are bad examples of Christians out there- those who for instances, go to the funerals of veterans and hold up signs protesting. THEY, are going against the Bible. However, they, are not true Christians.

A true Christian strives to follow the commands of God, and His Word (the Bible). While the Bible was written by man, all scripture was inspired was God; meaning, he told them what to write. [If you want the verse, I'll post it.]

Also, what are the verses from which you base your argument? Please post the references- I'll look them up myself if you're too lazy.
Posted by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
Matt. 6
Public means around others. I do not. What i have to say to God is private. Is why I simply follow Christ. And not a Christian of that religion of false traditions of men.
Posted by bman77 3 years ago
bman77
Not in public, but my church does pray together. Again, I ask, can you please cite the verses you used for your argument?
Posted by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
Does your religion pray in public?
Posted by bman77 3 years ago
bman77
Pro, can you please comment the verse you used?
Posted by telisw37 3 years ago
telisw37
Yes most can not handle the simple truth.
Posted by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
Sadly I cannot really handle more than 1 maybe 2 debates at once... Maybe next time as you seem to repeat this theme.