Alex
MillerLife

Christianity is a shallow belief

Alex

Alex

Con

My opponent has challenged me to a debate similar to this, however it was too broad and lacking a particular topic. http://www.debate.org...

So I am issuing this which should present a debate with more clarity.

He has made claims that Christianity is shallow.

But because I believe that both parties have their burden of proof, I will wait for round two, refute his points as well as present some of my own.
MillerLife

Pro

1.)Christianity is shallow because Christianity beliefs are burdened my mans view of the world. So its how they describe god is pretty much what they see in themselves.

2) the only belief they are going off of is a story. and that many people have that view ( so they are just fallowing the crowed )
most Christians only fallow the parts they believe in so there also hypocrites at the same time.
if a christen was born into a Jewish family guess what they be, not Christen
"its a hand me down religion "
most Christians have no proof beside when u ask them, they say " I read it in a book " I've read many fantasies about dragons and unicorns there's no proof of them ever not existing but yet no one believes in them. but I believe that just because its not helping them cope with death why believe in it.
Only christens go to heaven is pretty shallow to me and there always stating, there trying to save me. that is impossible seeing how that's not my issue with life in fact Christians are one of my issues (they thank they know everything) why cant they just admit there just as clueless as I when it comes to death.

3) I've seen many weird things and none of them point to Christianity's god
In my life I have seen many random weird things I have looked into what it could be and it rarely point's to a chrisanity belief.

4) The proof I have is that there is no Christian god here now. and evolution is a real thang argue about it or not, there are many religions all in a fight with one another and, each one claims there right, christen had to kill many people to become into power, if god really made it there would of never been a war.

5) heaven is fictional, how does god take away all your pain and suffering and not control you. in odor for that to work you'd have to have a really large test to get into heaven if not there be the same mistakes there are here as for there

6) my belief is its still being built it may never be finished, that's why its broad. my belief vrs. your finished belief.
Christanitys claim about the devil and the apple of knowledge doesn't that mean your supposed to be clueless, But somehow Christians know everything when you die

sorry con if this post sounds evil in any way religion gets a rise outa me
Alex

Con

1) What?

2) "the only belief they are going off of is a story. and that many people have that view ( so they are just fallowing the crowed )"

If you knew anything about Christianity you would know it is more "Just a story." There have been first hand witnesses, and many key ideas that lead us to believe that Jesus existed, and created our universe. As for the "following the crowd" statement, thats just silly, we don't hold faith because of others, they may get into it because of others but how else are you going to get introduced to something new, it is what they choose to do afterward that counts.

If there wasn't sufficient evidence for Christianity, you would not have some of the brightest minds, philosophers, scientists, etc constantly researching it, and believing it. There are so many that it is commonly known as the quiet revolution.

As for "Only Christians go to heaven" He created us, came down to our earth and allowed us to kill him for our own sins, because he wanted us to know he was there. We have profuse amounts of first hand witnesses and Gospels that prove he existed. He did so much, it is only fair that those who accept him get to go to heaven, it's not a hard choice. And if you had read the bible, revolations in particular you would find it not so shallow afterall.

3)

You may have experiences you believe are guiding you away from God, but again if you knew anything about the Bible you would know that it is Satan, he does those things intentionally in an attempt to guide us away from Christ.

But the thing is, you have the billions of people who have felt Christs presence with them, so you better start talking to them one by one.

4) I will argue this point regardless of it's irrelevancy. What proof do you have of evolution? Christianity has had to kill many people to come "into power"? do explain. In detail preferably.

"if god really made it there would of never been a war."

Really now...Again, you know nothing of Christianity. Our own sin and OUR OWN DECISIONS are what bring the bad things upon our world. We want to fight, no matter the size, school fights, wrestling matches, ultimate fighting, country wars, world wars. You expect him to jump in the middle and stop our actions when he can simply take those who accept him?

5) Nobody knows exactly how that works, because it's not something he needed to tell us, the idea of the rewards is sufficient don't you think? There is no suffering or pain because there is none needed, there is no temptation etc...
MillerLife

Pro

1) ???

2) what do u mean, yes u just refereed to a book good job, You have no first hand witness there kinda dead hate to tell you that. unless people now live about 5000 years. witch doesn't happen so yes u have a book(gospels, ect..) and some person who doesn't exist.
even if they did experience anything they just prosses it back into there belief so it don't matter.

"If there wasn't sufficient evidence for Christianity, you would not have some of the brightest minds, philosophers, scientists, etc constantly researching it, and believing it. There are so many that it is commonly known as the quiet revolution" from con
yeah if you didn't also know 90% or more of the scientific community believe in evolution it makes more since then 7 day creation or whatever, seeing how if you were to carbon date an object it gets pretty old. Around 6 Billion years old . The oldest human bones are not the same age. and there's not a 3 day age difference either so goodbye creation.
did a chirstan invent a computer just because he believed in god, or your computer, cell phone, your house, guess what the answer is no. in fact even are ideas evolve

Do you fallow the book by the book I'm going to guess no but lucky for everyone it says just believe in me and u get in. or you'd all would not be going to heaven, if you had to go by the book.
3)If you thank what I've experienced is the devil trying to turn me away from god you sir are now foolish to me, after all it did help me. if You had my hand at life you'd just believe it was Jesus. what a waste. so I will not be wasting my time explaining my life to any Christian when I already know there answer done it before never again.
and if it is the devil tricking me where's god to un-trick me
you never heard of crusades, or witch hunts, also read these pages.
http://www.white-history.com...
http://www.religioustolerance.org...
http://www.christianleadershipcenter.org...
Just skim threw those websites they list allot of wars. I said if god made it there'd be no war because if I saw someone flying around or walking on water I would be like holy *** your different. There is zero room for argument when there is proof, no proof allot of argument

4) read this page http://news.nationalgeographic.com...
here's a video also :) http://www.you... tube.com/watch?v=eblrphIwoJQ

Christianity had many wars against its apposing faiths glad u know everything about your faith blind one.

"Really now... again you know nothing" from con

if a person who accepts him and is a bad person get in guess what He's in there to fighting and everything else he wants to do. ( I have met many like that)

5) No there are no rewards in it for me I get to be alive with allot of morons yeppi.

6) "But the thing is, you have the billions of people who have felt Christ's presence with them, so you better start talking to them one by one." from con
Trust me I have data was insufficient to make anything off of.
I can feel Barney's presence if I believed it was Barney.

You really believe you aren't following a crowed. this is sadder then I thought. I hate ego
Enplane this: Why are most Jewish family's Jewish and most Christen family's Christen so on and so on. hmm lets see here one reason "followers" ( here's the answer they watch there family members participate in the religious rituals, then adopt as there own)
people who follow faith are cowards they all need something to believe cause death is a comen, and life wasn't sufficient enough for them, so why not, you get everything handed to you when you die for doing nothing. makes since to me
Alex

Con

Before i begin, i must point out that we are not debating on the fact of whether Jesus actually existed, we are debating over whether or not Christianity is shallow.

"yeah if you didn't also know 90% or more of the scientific community believe in evolution it makes more since then 7 day creation or whatever, seeing how if you were to carbon date an object it gets pretty old. Around 6 Billion years old . The oldest human bones are not the same age. and there's not a 3 day age difference either so goodbye creation."

The percentage does not matter, take a look at one of my favorite quotes.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual"

Because there are theologists out there, with sufficient reasoning and evidence for the existence of God, that is enough for one to have faith.

About the 7 days of creation, for one it is actually 6 days of creation and one day of rest. However that is not the point, you are taking that part of the Bible literally when it is not intended to be taken so.

Times have changed, time has not always been consistent, and still is not throughout the universe. Carbon dating suggests the earth to be several billion years old, and rightfully so. Because it is, but that does not suggest the non existence of God, it simply means he created it that long ago, or in the image of time long ago.

"Trust me I have data was insufficient to make anything off of.
I can feel Barney's presence if I believed it was Barney."

You can believe it is the presence of barney if you'd like, however i would not call it shallow if you did.
________________________________________________________________________________________

"You really believe you aren't following a crowed. this is sadder then I thought. I hate ego
people who follow faith are cowards they all need something to believe cause death is a comen, and life wasn't sufficient enough for them, so why not, you get everything handed to you when you die for doing nothing. makes since to me"

Families follow their traditions for good reason, because that is what they are taught to believe. However, they believe because there is sufficient reason to do so. But, many families have not followed their parents, like people I personally know, that come from Atheist families that have accepted Christ, why? Because they see the sufficiency of doing so. They believe that Christ died for us, and that is fair enough.

You have yet to tell me why it is shallow for people to accept who they believe their savior is into their heart.
MillerLife

Pro

this debate is done im not argueing with someone like u
Alex

Con

Okay, i apologize for whatever I have done to upset you.

But i must point out that, with sufficient evidence, it is not absurd to have faith.

Nor can Christianity, with so much depth to it be in any way considered shallow.
MillerLife

Pro

yes its not "shallow" but its not thanking for yourself so i consider it shallow. nothing you did upset me beside i have not learned anythang new off you. your just like anyone esle who belives in a religion. you just beleve in it. no evidence beside your one book, and your faith. I wish i could have faith but im not blind and all faith today has no end, and is just a story.

Maybe one day you'll see a fact to humanity, its not a good one but its a fact to us. and it hurts day after day.
Posted by Diebold 7 years ago
Diebold
Christianity doesn't come in just one form.....a belief isn't a solid "yes or no." in this case, yes, some people believe in a shallow form of Christianity. And the fact of the matter is, just because YOUR form of Christianity is not what you consider "shallow" does not mean there are not some forms of it or some people that believe it "differently" that CAN be considered shallow. The Westboro Baptist Church's practice, for example is shallow and purely a form of hatred. that much is understood, no?
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
You guys really think these people are believing in a shallow fashion?
Posted by MillerLife 7 years ago
MillerLife
oh and how is the bilble not to be taken littly for some parts and not letteral for otheres. u sir are not maken any since. well belive what u want it never matterd in the first place.
Posted by Diebold 7 years ago
Diebold
I'm not a believer myself and not sure about any religion, but in all seriousness, MillerLife, you did not know how to go about this debate. It obviously goes to Pro
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
Oh and he admitted at the bottom that he doesnt think it is shallow, I am sad you didnt acknowledge that when voting and reading
Posted by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
Snelld he gave up the debate...
Posted by snelld7 7 years ago
snelld7
As far as the actual "debate" went, I don't see how millerlife is losing with this wide of a margin or even losing at all. But anyways, I'd like to create a debate with you MillerLife...

You said the following:
1) "your just like anyone esle who belives in a religion. you just beleve in it."
2) "I wish i could have faith, but im not blind"
3) "So its how they describe god is pretty much what they see in themselves."

Think you can back it up against me in a debate?
Resolved: If you believe in a religion, you are foolish and do so based off of nothing. (somewhere along these lines?)
Posted by Charlie_Danger 7 years ago
Charlie_Danger
Wow...
All the christian ragevote (a similar term to ragequit) this debate for Alex here.
Not that his Spelling and conduct wasn't better, but he clearly lost when it came to arguments and evidence. I voted in these specific categories.

I don't advise any votes in any direction, but just don't vote down someone because you don't like them or their debate stance.
Posted by yeahyeah21 7 years ago
yeahyeah21
Oldest human bones FOUND. It's not like we've discovered the human bones of Adam and Eve and we probably never will. The remains probably wouldn't be remains at all by now. Evidence would be gone by now.

Sure, there are Christians who are conceited and do wrong things in the name of God, but you can't say all Christians are like that. Besides, there are many non-religious people who can be shallow as well. Religion has nothing to do with it. It's the people that commit sins, and do wrong--not the religion.

Why should God prove Himself to us? He wants us [from what I've learned] to put our trust and faith in Him, but if we can see/hear/smell Him, then we wouldn't have faith in Him--we would know Him. And the whole point of Christianity is to trust God although life is not perfect, you can't get everything you want, your life won't be any better than someone who was not religious just because you pray or you do good deeds, God does not choose favorites & He loves all His children, according to the Bible.

Also, you can prove that life is just one big explosion just as easily as proving God. You can't. We haven't proved the big bang theory--that's why it's a theory. We don't know how or why there is space, we just know it is there, there are planets, etc, etc and that scientists research it. Do not think that the Christian explanation is silly, because guess what? You may have an explanation, but it cannot be proved so far.
Posted by Rob1Billion 7 years ago
Rob1Billion
millerlife - FOLLOW
Vote Placed by colebertpete 7 years ago
colebertpete
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by MillerLife 7 years ago
MillerLife
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Diebold 7 years ago
Diebold
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by prozoro 7 years ago
prozoro
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by snelld7 7 years ago
snelld7
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Charlie_Danger 7 years ago
Charlie_Danger
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Marvel 7 years ago
Marvel
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Mgrffn 7 years ago
Mgrffn
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Alex 7 years ago
Alex
AlexMillerLifeTied
Vote Placed by Rob1Billion 7 years ago
Rob1Billion
AlexMillerLifeTied