Liberals
TheDebatingHorse

Christianity is harmful to today's society

Liberals

Pro

Christianity is bad. In a country, and world, full of Liberals and athiests, Christianity has no place. somebody please tell me why they think it is good for society.
TheDebatingHorse

Con

First off, many people are Christians. More that you would think. Christianity has been around for about 2000 thousand years, and why demolish it now. If you get rid of it, overtime previous Christians would protest and riot, wanting Christianity back. If you our country got rid of it, there would be to much pandemonium.
Liberals

Pro

I'm not saying that we should abolish Christianity, because of your reason, I'm just saying its harmful to society.

The main problem with Christianity is misinterpretation of the bible. For example, Homosexuality is not unnatural because it has been a thing in humans ever since we EVOLVED. If it's god's mistake, than the humans shouldn't be punished for his mistakes. Abortion is not murder because the fetus doesn't even really have any intelligence and is scientifically not considered a infant yet. Plus, it's perfectly humane and it could save a child from a terrible life if the parents are irresponsible or cannot afford to feed it.

The other main problem is them forcing their beliefs upon others. By making same-sex marriage, abortion, and euthenasia illegal that's forcing their beliefs upon other people who do not agree. They can just legalize them and if it's against your beliefs than you can just simply just choose not do it.
TheDebatingHorse

Con

I am not saying it is against my religion, speaking for myself. I am mostly atheist and am fine with same-sex marriage, but not fine with abortion. That is a different argument.

Anyways, after looking at your protest, it doesn't really give a huge example of why we should, or on mine and others terms, to keep it. So, to sum it up, your argument isn't that grand. But your reasons are somwhar valid.
Liberals

Pro

I see your point, and if you look in comments you will see my final statement, but I don't think your getting the message. I don't think you were really the right canadate to defend this subject. But thanks for debating this topic with me anyway.
TheDebatingHorse

Con

Aye, I agree with you about me being unsuitable. It's kind of ironic though. Thus so far, it has been my first one on this website.
Posted by Liberals 2 years ago
Liberals
"Hey, America was founded by Christians and look how good it's turned out." Obesity, Gun Crime, Crapiness compared to most industrialized countries, Alabama, Crazy Right Wingers, The Civil War, unfair Capitalism, Two Party System, 'Merica. Yep, wonderful.
Posted by donald.keller 2 years ago
donald.keller
I'll debate you, Pro, if you want to try this debate again.
Posted by a_drumming_dog 2 years ago
a_drumming_dog
Hey, America was founded by mostly Christians, and look how good it has turned out. Just sayin'
Posted by notyourbusiness 2 years ago
notyourbusiness
I'd like to debate Liberals on this topic. Con gave a poor case.
Posted by jrrjacques 2 years ago
jrrjacques
Mr. Liberals This concerns your comment on abortion--"Abortion is not murder because the fetus doesn't even really have any intelligence and is scientifically not considered a infant yet."
OK, since the fetus does not have any intelligence then it can destroyed to avoid making a human being. With this logic then we should kill severely impaired people because they hardly have any of the Intelligence that is normal for their age. Why not go a step further and just kill all the dumb people in the world? Also, as you probably know, Abortion does not stop at just destroying the child before birth. Now Abortion happens after birth. The doctors show the child to the parent and then the parent is allowed the choice of keeping or killing the child.
Also the only people who don't believe the fetus is not an infant yet are the ones who believe in the moral condemnation of Abortion. Same with the scientists who claim the same "fact" to be true. One can think of a fetus as potential and kinetic energy. As soon as there is fertilization the child is comparable with potential energy. The child has the potential of being an asset or a liability to mankind, and you would rather not give them that choice. When the child is born the potential energy is released and becomes kinetic energy for the rest of its post womb life.
I believe a fitting quote here is from the mind of one of the wisest men of the 20th Century. It is slightly modified for this occasion, "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that (they) [the aborted children] have some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over."

At your Service,
jrrjacques
Posted by ShadowHawk555 2 years ago
ShadowHawk555
Real action through Christian charities and church donations. They play a major part in ending world crises
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
@cheyennebodie, we will wave goodby with a sigh of relief and get on with making the world a better place with real action, not wasting time with prayer of worship.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Liberal.... And his response will be, " depart from me, I never knew you".I sent my word and you believed it not.No excuses.
Posted by phersh18 2 years ago
phersh18
Saying that it has no place here. Many people believe that it does.
Posted by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
What is offensive about it, phersh?
Vote Placed by Hanspete 2 years ago
Hanspete
LiberalsTheDebatingHorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: A few mistakes on Pro's part in terms of spelling, and too extreme viewpoints for my taste.
Vote Placed by Kylar 2 years ago
Kylar
LiberalsTheDebatingHorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Christianity is the truth, and I am not extremist, but we Christians are not harmful
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
LiberalsTheDebatingHorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con pretty much ignored pro's arguments and went off on some random tangent
Vote Placed by WillDC22 2 years ago
WillDC22
LiberalsTheDebatingHorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides lacked sources to back their claims up,
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
LiberalsTheDebatingHorseTied
Reasons for voting decision: con fails to refute pro's points about christianity's harms, regardless of the amount of fallacies apparent in his arguments