dylan9090
Duncan

Christianity is incorrect and morally flawed

Duncan

dylan9090

Pro

Christianity is flawed from the roots up. The Christian "God" purposely gives his creations flaws and knows that they'll make mistakes, just so he can punish them for the mistakes he gave them, and send them to a place called "Hell" that he also created to punish the deeds of his creations that he basicly programmed them to do. The bible contradicts itself countless times, and the fact that Christians beleive that God is needed more helping Tebow get a touchdown than feeding starving children in Africa... is just ridiculous. Also, most of The Bible has been proven wrong by modern science.
Duncan

Con

New to this, are you Dylan? Well, welcome to debate.org. I'm Duncan and I'll be your first opponent. Now, from your opening, you may either be a troll trying to annoy people, or you just want to have the easiest debate topic ever. However, I am an humanist, and I am being open minded by defending the opposite side. Now, onto the debate!

Now, you have a very poor grasp of Catholicism or any other denominations. Most denominations (at least outside of America, couldn't tell how it is there) no longer follow the "Old Testament God" that you speak of in your opening. By the way, it would give me a further understanding of your perspective if you answered whether or not you've read the Old Testament yourself. Now, few people believe the bible at all now, or at least only interpret it vaguely, not literally. Christians believe in a God who forgives those who repent, and few believe in a hell at all. They also believe that humans are granted free will, which is why if they wanted to pray less about sport and more about those in need they could, as is part of their freedom. The bible can be proved by common sense, not science, but it is interpreted literally s you might think. Christianity has changed now, gradually improving, and I advise you realize the progress made by the various denominations and remain calmer during your next speech.

Oh yeah, in my first debate, I forgot to post my reply in time, so if you make the same mistake, leave it in the comments section. Awaiting your response and hoping you enjoy your first online debate,

Duncan.
dylan9090

Pro

dylan9090 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

I am sure Dylan has just forgotten about the debate. He'll remember at some point, and he can leave argument in the comments section. No need for penalty for him, as I made the same mistake.

Awaiting your response,

Duncan.
dylan9090

Pro

dylan9090 forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

I am disappointed that Dylan has failed to respond, but I can understand the reasons why he might fail to reply, as he might have just forgotten about Debate.org.
Posted by ModusTollens 3 years ago
ModusTollens
For the record, Duncan, I'll say that I am an American, and over here they follow the Old Testament God at a very high rate. I think it's something like 49% of the population believes that the Earth was created in the last 10,000 years exactly as it says in the Bible.
Vote Placed by ModusTollens 3 years ago
ModusTollens
dylan9090DuncanTied