Christianity is just as bad as Islam

Christiainity is just as bad as Islam

Terms: The user must think islam is worse than Christiaity.

Rules for Rounds
1-acceptance only
2-Constructive Response

I'm not a person who freaks about links but make sure you have one or 2 so I can get an idea on your postion. If your using a bible just state the verse

Happy to Debate!

I will be debating on the side the Islam is worse than Christianity and as such I will only use two sources the Bible and the Qur'an.

Thank you for accepting

I will also use just the bible and the Quran

The main argument is that the religions are equal

Christiainity and Islam both have brutal laws and commandments. I will give an example

-Kill witches (Exodus 22:17)
-kill Homosexuals (Romans 1:24-32 )
-Kill fortune Tellers (Leviticus 20:27 )
-Kill Children who don't listen to their father (Matthew 15:4-7)
-Kill an Entire Town if one person in that town is not a Christian (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

And these are just a few verses

However a Christian will say that Jesus has come and abolished all the laws of the Old Testament right? Wrong

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Your move Con

Vote Reformist

I hope you did not use the NAB Bible for all those sources because it's a catholic bible. The only credible Bible's the major sects of Christianity use are the NASB or the KJV. That aside I shall address them nevertheless.

First up is Exodus 22:17 Which is 22:18 but all the same. The verse does say to not suffer a witch to live, the verse around are restating laws that God had put forth. Do not have sexual relations with an animal, don't steal, kill, swindle, lie with a single female and the punishment is either repay twice that or be put to death (It is clear which is a death offense). However The part about the witch is clustered in with other verses saying Witches and people who sacrifice (animal sacrifice) to other Gods shall be put to death BY LAW. These verse are different because the act of witchcraft and sacrificing are in alignment with Staten's will, you know God's enemy, so like in every war people are going to pick sides and the people who do witchcraft and sacrifice (to other gods) are God's enemy's, essentially. That does not mean go all Salem witch hunt on them. The Bible is also very clear that people should forgive if the sinner (aka everyone) confesses and wishes to do right by God. God does not just go around smiting people Willy-nilly he dose give them a period to turn around and repent. Israel learns this the hard way, multiple times.

The same goes for Homosexuality, it is a perversion of the body. The rear was not meant for such defilement nor is it acceptable of women either. There is a reason man are made differently from women and was not so we could have a choice of our favorite.

Fortune tellers are in the same boat as witches. A demon's hand always plays a part in it.

The children one is talking about one's that for years and years disobey willing and knowingly against their parents. it is talking about a long time this child just refuses to obey. Kids today would obey if their parents did more but it is talking about when good parents can not control that kid. It might also be talking and disowning which figuratively means the same thing. And keep in mind this was a time where saying that the earth was not the center of the galaxy is heresy, different times.

the entire town thing is also in the same boat as the others that deal with God trying to protect his people from being tempted by other people and nations to do wrong against God. Which everytime Israel does not follow these commandments they always fall into a horrible pit of despair and sin.

I don't see how Matthew 5:17 says what you are trying to make it say. The verse is talking about now that Jesus has come to die for their sins they do not need to follow the law to get into "heaven". It is complicated but before Jesus came their was a system set up to forgive the people of their sins and the following the laws was one of them. Which goes to show the intelligence of God and the weakness of humans. God knew humans can't keep ANY of the laws but it was a way for God to show humans that the only way to get to heaven was because God sent his son to die not because humans can achieve perfection.

Though the bible does say "Kill everyone" there is always a form of mercy before in that God always offers a way out before hand but once the die is cast than there is no mercy afterwards. However the Quran is quite specific that there is to be no mercy no quartering and generally no civil behavior just kill unbelievers, die in a jihad, and collect your virgins upon entering.
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16) Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."
"And if you be apprehensive that you will not be able to do justice to the orphans, you may marry two or three or four women whom you choose. But if you apprehend that you might not be able to do justice to them, then marry only one wife, or marry those who have fallen in your possession". (Maududi, vol. 1, p. 305)

Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.
Quran in Sura 65:1, 4
65:1 O Prophet, when you [and the believers] divorce women, divorce them for their prescribed waiting"period and count the waiting"period accurately . . . 4 And if you are in doubt about those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, their waiting period is three months, and the same applies to those who have not menstruated as yet. As for pregnant women, their period ends when they have delivered their burden.

Romans 12:9
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
Those despicable Christians indeed!

This is basically my whole point

I am knit picking verses and your knit picking verses

If you put them side to side both look equal

Basically if I did what you did I would state Quran verses like this

Quran 2:224

And do not make your oath by Allah an excuse against being righteous and fearing Allah and making peace among people. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

and then put a Christian verse such as

"At that time the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he went throughout the land of Gilead and Manasseh, including Mizpah in Gilead, and led an army against the Ammonites. And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD. He said, "If you give me victory over the Ammonites, I will give to the LORD the first thing coming out of my house to greet me when I return in triumph. I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

his only child ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy. When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish. "My daughter!" he cried out. "My heart is breaking! What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back." And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites. But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin." "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children. When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin. So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter."

Judges 11:29-40 NLT

If you don't like reading he burned his own daughter alive

So I basically did what you did. I made the Quran look good by knitpicking and made the bible look terrible by knitpicking

You have yet to actually make a statement that the bible is morally better than the Quran.

I'm saying they are equal

Vote Pro

The only difference in our arguments is that I am defending my position while you are merely overlooking my points. NLT is a Jehovah's witness's bible not a Christian bible; seriously if you are going to mock scripture at lest use the right tools.

However the show must go on! The verse you picked out of the Quran is saying if you made an oath and saw that breaking it would be beneficial than why not, go break that oath! savages such as these people have no respect for rules or laws they only care about converting or killing, the choice is yours. The name of Islam means submission so how is that equal to Christianity, huh? The religion of Islam allows for the beating of Women, killing unbelievers without consequences, having sexual relations with minors, and other heinous acts that are abhorred by the word God.

Quran 65:4:
"And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah, if you have doubts , is three months, and for those who have no courses their 'Iddah is three months likewise, except in case of death. And for those who are pregnant, their 'Iddah is until they deliver and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him."
Sexual relations with minors!

Verse 33.50:
"O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and the daughters of your paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and the daughters of your maternal aunts who fled with you; and a believing woman if she gave herself to the Prophet, if the Prophet desired to marry her " specially for you, not for the believers; We know what We have ordained for them concerning their wives and those whom their right hands possess in order that no blame may attach to you; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful".
Slavery and rape!

Quran 4:34:
"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."
Beating of "disobedient" Wives!

Quran 22:19-22:
"fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem" "for them garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods"

A Religion of peace like hell! Do you really believe that Islam is even close to the Bible. Don't make me laugh the Bible does not even have a single CONTRADICTION and you dare point a finger at the Bible and say that it is a book of forced religion hell bent on torturing unbelievers, sexual assaulting minors, beating women, and the general massacre of all who do not believe in the pathetic name of Allah! Give me one verse in the Bible and only in the KJV or NASB, as you have shown you cannot distinguish the deference, that agree with any one of the above. The Bible does preach the end times where God has given enough time for people to repent and now it is time for the sinless king to judge. It is in his power to judge as all to hell but he was merciful and gave as a way to get to heaven, a tried and true method to get to heaven not some reward system set up by a man in a cave "hearing the divine word of god."

Now for the verse you put in. Allow me to ask a question. Who made the deal? God surely did not. it was Jephthah he was not forced or made to make this vow but he did. God would not have forced him to keep it either. It would have been a sin because he is breaking a vow (what religion allows the breaking of vows again?) but even his daughter said "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD. You must do to me what you have promised....." no one in this deal was going to back out because they were people of honor and truthfulness. Now what would someone who believes in Islam do? Back out probably, because it is more advantageous to back out and keep your daughter alive isn't it? There religion allows it, does it not?

Now then what have you in return? Nothing you can say will discredit the Bible and you know why.....?

It is perfect in every way find me one flaw, I dare you!

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 5:8
" but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

1 John 3:1
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,

Matthew 5:43-48 "You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

John 15:9-17 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father"s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

First i would like to point out something to the voters. Con just flat out lied. He said NLT is jehovah's witness and it is not. It is a actual transription of the bible. It is one of the many versions

Okay so basically you just pointed out faults in Islam and good things in Christianity. You have yet to actually make good arguments. In fact i will post the biblical reflections of the "evil" Quran verses you listed.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

Wow did God just allow Sexual relations with captive women and children? Heres another one

"When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it ... And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself." Deutormeny 20:10-14

God is a pedophile i guess then?

Now onto slavery and rape

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. Exodus 21:2-6

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. Exodus 21:7-11

Huh WOW i guess God and Allah have alot in Common

Even in the new testament

"slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Also i got something special for you: All biblical contradictions (source at bottom)

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14
10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12
11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13
12. God gives freely to those who ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17
13. God is to be found by those who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33
15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12
18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men
Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18
God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4
There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7

And that is JUST A FRACTION of the contradictions (

Also id like to address the jedpath deal. Why does God want him to burn the first thing that comes out the house?

Very reasonable huh???

And for every evil Quran verse i can bring up 5 that are advocating peace here is one that seems to contradict everything you just said?

"O You who believe! Enter absolutely into peace (Islam). Do not follow in the footsteps of satan. He is an outright enemy to you." (Holy Quran: 2, 208)

Would add more but i dont have much characters left. I think i just won the debate with this since i just completely disproved your notion that the bible is "perfect"

Accelerator forfeited this round.
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Damn would've won oh well
Posted by Reformist 10 months ago
Yeah i was about to say
Posted by Accelerator 10 months ago
I would like to apologize for a serious blunder in my argument. The NLT is not a Jehovah's Witness bible but an actual translation of accepted Christian scripture. So I would like to apologize for that Stupid mistake.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 10 months ago
Sorry, I wanted to correct my self. The Law of Moses is not the same as the Ten Commandments. The Ten Commandments Came from God directly to Moses to give to the Hebrews. The Law of Moses was written by Moses and Joshua to go with God's law. Mainly Meant for the priests to uphold.

If you you like to see the comparisons and differences between God's law, and the Laws of Moses, you can check out this short article in the provided link.

Sorry for the incorrect communication.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 11 months ago
Also, I wanted to explain Matthew 15:4-7. You should be careful and instead of reading only these 4 verses, read the whole chapter. Let me take you down to the Covenant of the Old Testament. Man sinned, and the penalty for sin is death. The only way out is the sacrifice of a perfect lamb, referring to Jesus who is perfect, and sinless, but at the time Jesus did not come into the world yet. Jesus's death signed a new covenant between Man and God.

Back when God established His first Covenant, what he required was the obedience of His people, and to do that, He gave them the Law of Moses- AKA: The Ten Commandments. Followers had to follow those 10 laws. Of course, the laws were broken quite often, thus showing how imperfect we are. That's why constant sacrifices of animals were demanded. To cover up the sin of the transgressor.

Prophets were endowed, directly from God, the Holy Spirit. Which is The prophets direct communication to God. If you had a prayer, you would have to go to a prophet, or a Pharisee, to pray for you. That is how the system worked.

No Jesus came, died for our sins, contracting a new covenant between Man and God, so now all true followers of God are endowed with the Holy Spirit. That is why we are able to pray to God whenever, and wherever.

Now back to the verse. Jesus is talking to the Pharisees. Their law says to kill those who curses their Mother and Father. Because at the time their was no saving power for them. But since Jesus brings that Saving power, the new covenant is established. But the whole point of the conversation being had in those few verses is that Jesus is pointing out that the Pharisees are being hypocrites in their teaching.

They were changing the law. The law did not say, kill those who cursed their Father and Mother. The Law said, "Honor your Father and Mother, for if you do this, you will be given long life." The Pharisees added interpretation to the law, all the while changing the purpose of the law.
Reformist, please specify "where" in the Bible it says that Christians should kill those who do not believe in God, and what translation you are using.

I know for a fact it does not say that. Now I know that there are accounts where God commanded The Israelites to kill heathens, because they were a nation of rapists, murders, child sacrificers, etc.. in the old testament, but there is not declarative statement in the Bible that instructs "Christians" to kill unbelievers. Not Jews, not followers of the laws of Moses, not some cult who claim to come from God. Christians!

If what you say is true, than the entire Christian Purpose is complete altered drastically. To a point that it is no longer recognizable as what Christianity is supposed to be. Please be plain and to the point. Where? and What?
Posted by Kilk1 11 months ago
@Reformist No, the prophecies concerning Jesus was that He would die for our sins (e.g., Isa. 53:5). He, when instituting the Lord's Supper, said of the cup, "This cup is [represents] the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you" (Luke 22:20). He says here that the shedding of His blood would cause the New Testament to be put in effect. "For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives" (Heb. 9:16-17).
Posted by Reformist 11 months ago
Online Missionary

If you read the bible more it says to kill everyone who doesn't believe in the Christian God

It says the spread peace in the Quran as well

So yeah. They are both bad but to potray one is better than the other is weird and ignorant
Much less of, "Which religion is worse?" it should be, "Which religion is right?"

What is the purpose of a Muslim? To convert the entire world to the laws of Allah, and if they refuse, execute them.

What is the purpose of a Christian? To spread the word of God, and to show God's love to those in need, or die trying.

Elaborate if you will, but which of these do you believe to be the right choice? How does this affect the debate?
Posted by Reformist 11 months ago
Also Kilk1 you helped me unintentionally

The Prophecy of Jesus will never be complete until his second coming

That was the prophecy