american5
joshuaXlawyer

Christianity is less accepted then Homosexuality

american5

Pro

I think homosexuality is more accepted now in this day in age then Christianity. The reason I believe this is because many people will agree with homosexuality in this day in age it is still opposed yes but it is much more accepted then it used to be, and with Christianity being one of the major rivals of homosexuality it is shrinking as a religion. children with Christian parents will even now become homosexual to rebel against their parents they will pick up religions like wicca and Satanism or become atheist, and Christianity begins to shrink. Yet there are multiple days of the year when people will have a day of silence or something like that to support gays yet when a Christian dose a day to support there religion that's not commercialized protesters show up. Same things with in schools if some kid says he/she is gay every goes that's so great I'm so proud of you but if someone says they are Christian or prays or spreads the gospel or even quotes the bible or were a Christian t shirt or anything like that they are shunned and punished these are my facts, and I wish my opponent the best of luck and a good match.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

I will start y defining some things..

Key terms..

Christianity : The religion based on the person and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, or its beliefs and practices. Christianity is today the world's most widespread religion, mainly divided between the Roman Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox Churches.

Accepted : 1. Consent to receive (a thing offered).
2. Agree to undertake (an offered position or responsibility).

Homosexuality : a sexual attraction to (or sexual relations with) persons of the same sex.

My case...

1. The fact of acceptance of homosexuality has been shifty from the beginning, states have had shifty views on this for awhile now. Some schools and locations might have a different view than others, upon such matters.

2. In this sense I will say that these views are a subjective matter and my opponent must prove that such views are of the majority I haven't seen a statistic nor source for your entire case therefore not a factual case.

3. Christianity itself has not been less accepted than homosexuality, the people of the church or the christian are.
The long views as i have seen it is that christian people have persecuted gays in the past and made them feel suicidal and such being the way they are they were disowned or more. So its not Christianity to blame but the few or more Christians who cannot accept homosexuals and persecute them. Firstly if you do this, then obviously you will be hated and as you represent Christianity you are show a bad example. Jesus never stoned people to death, his best friends were scum, whores and sinners. He accepted them and treated them and he changed them however our today Christians would rather curse at you and torment you for being different. This doesn't help show them the right path rather make them hate you.
american5

Pro

I would like to say for starters that not all of Jesus friends were not scum and whores sinners yes but not scum and whores lower class but not scum, and that is not always true that Christians would rather curse and torment gays they may say that the homosexuals are wrong and stay away from them but I have never seen a Christian physically attack a homosexual but I have seen people beat and abuse Christians for there. Now if you want facts here's one Christianity has droped 11% in the last 20 years and is still falling.
http://www.religioustolerance.org...

Also only 32% of males and 44% of females in America attend church on a regular bases. Along with only 28% of Americans between the ages of 18 and 30 go to church proving its shrinking in the next generation.
http://abcnews.go.com...

Now on a personal note I have a gay uncle and I would much rather convert him then shun him, but is like trying to get someone to surrender at war you need to tell them what there doing is wrong and they need to stop then keep working at it until you get your point across which might mean doing some damage.

Also people let gays have it easy they are hardly threatened by anyone yet when they are its blown out of proportion so its like there was a mass murder of homosexuals.

Now for the fact I stated in the first round about Christians being persecuted in schools I would like to back that up by saying a friend of my was punished for saying she did not agree with what her teacher was saying about evaluation because her religion said different. ( She was a Christian. ) Yet many schools refuse to have a alternative class for creationism.
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
american5

Pro

Sadly my opponent has failed to post an argument so with nothing to argue against I ask him that in this last round we simply state closing facts no disproving any thing simply because I have nothing to argue.

That being said I only have a few things to say I have proved Christianity is shrinking also it is obvious that people are more accepting gays and the only reason people do not realize it is because they are so used to marching down the streets with people booing and a few straits coming off the streets to help now they march down the street and almost everyone comes and helps with just a few standing on the sides. These are my facts and to this I end my argument
joshuaXlawyer

Con

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.