Solomon_Grim
rottingroom

Christianity is real

Solomon_Grim

Pro

As I see that you are new here and seems to be interested in religion debates, I will be your first opponent. I will allow you to have the first comment and should be either:
Problems with Christianity or
Proof of opposing beliefs (evolution)
rottingroom

Con

In order to continue what seems like a tradition of courteous and gracious introductions, thank you Solomon_Grim for giving me the opportunity to debate you. I must admit I was apprehensive to get into this because there are so many good posts on DDO.

Let me extend you another thank you for allowing me to choose a topic of my own whim on a subject that I do enjoy mulling.

Unfortunately, I do not accept your conditions (as they are) for me to choose a topic and then provide an argument or make any claims about the subjects you offered. As a skeptic, I'm conflicted about being burdened with making assertive statements in the affirmative. I would rather see you make a claim (you are the instigator after all) about one of the subjects you presented and then I will be the contender. That seems to be the way this is supposed to work.

Also, after reviewing a few topics you had previously debated (which in the spirit of fairness, I read just the subject and not any text in the rounds of those debates) I noticed that on some of them you instigated by using a question. I think the instigator is in the position to make a statement or claim and that the contender should not be attempting to oppose a question. I urge you to make your claim clear.

If you do not accept these conditions then let me know and you can show me how we both forfeit in such a way as to not damage our win-loss records.

Note that at this point we would be unlikely to get voters with a topic heading that doesn't match the debate itself. If you are interested in ending this and rechallenging with a proper claim then I will probably accept.

Either way, I appreciate your eagerness to challenge me.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

Solomon_Grim forfeited this round.
rottingroom

Con

Please don't vote.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

Solomon_Grim forfeited this round.
rottingroom

Con

Extend lack of arguments.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

Sorry for missing the debate, I have been without Internet. If you will like, you can challenge me back to make it on your terms.
rottingroom

Con

Extend lack of arguments.
Solomon_Grim

Pro

well, like I said. I don't feel right about coming back after two missed rounds and coming back in.
rottingroom

Con

No big deal grim.
Posted by autodidact 4 years ago
autodidact
Rottingroom, I would not have taken this debate..... if I get back to this I will tell you why when this debate is over.
Posted by Solomon_Grim 4 years ago
Solomon_Grim
It is fine. I'm really bad at defining things like this.

Christianity. The religion based around the belief that one all powerful god created the universe in six days and sent his son the pay for our sins.

Problems with Christianity. Either contradictions or moral mess ups you feel exist.

Other beliefs. Proof that evolution is real.
Posted by rottingroom 4 years ago
rottingroom
Would you be willing to further elaborate on the choices I have for topics?

Christianity is real? Elaboration please.
Problems with Christianity? Elaboration please.
Proof of opposing beliefs? Elaboration please.

Thank you and apologies if this is not proper etiquette.