evolutioniscrushed
Peepette

Christianity is the ONLY true religion with a REAL God.

Peepette

evolutioniscrushed

Pro

Read the Bible and you will understand that you have to agree with it, because the things written it are true and completely support the religion of Christianity. The existence of God, on which all the facts are based, are proven by the most successful scientists ( Christians of course). For example Isaac Newton. The whole world is so wonderfully designed it could have been nothing but God that could have made it. This is what my debate is based on. If you don't follow God's commands written in the Bible, and if you don't worship God through prayers, and if you don't repent of your sins and if you don't let Him into your heart, you will burn forever in the lake of fire, and it's gonna be REALLY BAD. But if you do the things I listed instead of not doing them, you will go to a wonderful place after death called Heaven, FOREVER! Please make your decision, and VOTE PRO!!!
Peepette

Con

Evolutioniscrushed thank you for presenting this topic. I look forward to an energetic this debate. I request a single rule, no forfeits. I hope you will agree.

Religious texts other than the Bible have the same claim, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Zoroastrianism to name a few. By what logical rational does the Bible alone deem Christianity the only word of God and the only truth? If the Bible and Christianity were the single true religion wouldn't it be universal in practice? The Bible and Christianity as your own "Personal Truth", in a metaphysical sense, and those of like faith are to be respected. But it is incorrect to cast a net that lessens the validity of the faith and personal truths of those of other religions. Not being god and all knowing, no one or faith can claim with full certainly their beliefs and practices are factually correct. All religions were created by man. As is taught in most faiths, man is flawed in mind and spirit. All religions are based in faith. Faith is intangible and abstract and can't be proved.

If Pro chooses to provide in rebuttal a litany of Biblical verses; it will not be sufficient to make a case that the Bible and Christianity is the factually true religion in equal measure as the earth is round, or 2+2=4 in lieu of other religions. Only a philosophical argument can be made on what truth is and the metaphysics of truth; this would be off topic.
evolutioniscrushed

Pro

You probably didn't understand me. The false religions were made by people that didn't want to submit themselves the the Higher Power(God), however, Christianity is the religion established by God Himself who controls everything, and it is completely (scientifically) IMPOSSIBLE for the universe to exist without a higher Power especially since aliens never existed, and even if they do, the existence of the universe is something not man-made, evolved, magically crafted, or alien-made, because the existence of the universe is a total MIRACLE! If you are a decided Con and aren't willing to submit, then you have made your choice to burn your after-life eternity in hell. I'm sorry if you don't completely understand what I tried to explain to you, but the Bible is not to be questioned, and if you don't understand, you have to read the Bible, and go to the Pro side!
Peepette

Con

---The false religions were made by people that didn't want to submit themselves the Higher Power(God), however, Christianity is the religion established by God Himself who controls everything, and it is completely (scientifically) IMPOSSIBLE for the universe to exist without a higher Power especially since aliens never existed, and even if they do, the existence of the universe is something not man-made, evolved, magically crafted, or alien-made, because the existence of the universe is a total MIRACLE!---"

A very long sentence as been presented

Rebuttal: I fully understood your premise. The religions I mentioned in R1 all believe in a higher power; God as the creator of everything, the heavens (ethereal and the cosmos), the Earth and all creatures upon it. You also believe this in your religion, don"t you? Is this not the same God? God has spoken to through prophets and has spoken from the heavens in other religions as well. Do other religions not summit willingly to this God? Please explain how other religions are false? How is God in your religion scientifically proved, because Isaac Newton said so? Was he a prophet of God? The burden of proof is on you.

"--If you are a decided Con and aren't willing to submit, then you have made your choice to burn your after-life eternity in hell. I'm sorry if you don't completely understand what I tried to explain to you, but the Bible is not to be questioned, and if you don't understand, you have to read the Bible, and go to the Pro side!""

Rebuttal: Anyone who is a believer of any religion submits to a version of written testaments from God or teachings that will achieve a state of supreme mindfulness. Concepts of heaven and hell and the manifestations of evil may differ but, the concept of a supreme being or an extension beyond what is known is the same. Just because a person does not follow the Bible, does not mean he/she does not believe in God.

How is it that the Bible cannot be questioned? Within the purview of your "Personal Truth" this is so; that"s fine and dandy. But in the realm of others and their personal truths, their religious documents have the same claim. And yes, I have read the Bible, the Quran, the Torah and many other religious texts. There are prevailing themes throughout. Live a life where you do no harm to others, and be charitable and mindful of others needs. If you do this God will reward you, or you can reach a state of being unbound by the forces of the universe. All people of religion share a commonality of thought when you get to the basics; we should not be so easily dismissive of other faiths. Again, religions were created by man who is flawed in mind and spirit. Religious truth is subjective in the details but, universal in total breathe.
evolutioniscrushed

Pro

Then why do other religions name their "god" in different ways? They also have different beliefs and mostly myths. They don't understand science enough to prove that their religion is "right".
Peepette

Con

---Then why do other religions name their "god" in different ways?---"

Rebuttal: This is a bit off topic on "Christianity is the ONLY true religion with a REAL God." But, I"ll indulge you.

The word "God" is a matter of historical of linguistics. During the Roman Empire which dominated much of the Middle East, most people spoke Greek, with exception to specific professions.

Early Arab Christians were using the word Allah prior to the formation of Islam. Other words for God are as follows: Yahweh, Elohim and Elah-Hebrew & Arabic, El-Greek & Hebrew, Theos-New Testament Hebrew & Greek. The word Christian came from the Greek word Christos.

God: Danish"Gut, Flemish"Goes, French-Dieu, Polish-Bog; shall I go on?

How is the translation of the word God relevant to your claim on who is the "Real" God?

"---They also have different beliefs and mostly myths." They don't understand science enough to prove that their religion is "right---".

Rebuttal: Here again, this statement is a matter of contention on validity with myths in your religion verses myths of other religions. Many religions have parallel story telling with your Bible.

Hinduism, Ancient Egyptians, Aztec and Christianity share a flood myth.
The concept of angels has roots in Egyptian mythology, as well as Bacchus paralleling Moses.
The theme of a god who sacrifices for the people, Pangu-Chinese, Ymir-Norse; parallel Christian myths as well. The Greek myth of Dionysus rising from the dead; does that sound familiar?

As far as different beliefs are concerned, I made a point to show religious commonality.

"---They don't understand science enough to prove that their religion is "right----".

Rebuttal: Here is the science end of your premise that has yet to be addressed. I"m still looking for your "scientific" argument that your religion is right and your God is more real than others.

In Summary: You have not addressed many of my rebuttals points, but specifically the question if other religions are, or are not worshiping the same God. You have yet to provide proof or logical argument that other religions are false, as well as what defines your faith and God as the factual real deal?

http://www.bibleanswerstand.org...
http://chestofbooks.com...
http://catholic-resources.org...
http://orvillejenkins.com...
https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.sacred-texts.com...
http://www.eoht.info...
http://thoughtsandvisions-searle88.blogspot.com...

.
evolutioniscrushed

Pro

evolutioniscrushed forfeited this round.
Peepette

Con

A religious label, scripture, and different words used for God that people use to set apart their religion from another's is not of any consequence if theological principals lead to the same end. It's a matter of semantics to claim your religion and your God as the only truth; rather than see that all faithful people are working toward the same end. They are all taking about the same entity no matter what word they use.

The various prophets of religion claim to have heard the word of God. But, keep in mind the context of when these individuals lived. They interpreted events in the environment of the era in which they lived and within the sphere of the culture in which they belonged. How they mentally processed these communications are radically different due to these elements, which factors into dissimilar interpretive ideology (beliefs).

Previous to the Bronze Age much of the population was transient or in small farming clusters where religious teaching was primarily through oral tradition. As the Middle East became more urbanized writing became symbolic of status which religious leaders used to gain authority. As power shifted regionally and within religious communities, religions became more fragmented. One religion grew into another or split into new ones throughout history. Many have mythology and beliefs that parallel because they have the same in origin. Differences are a mere result of a sect's differential development over time. In the Far East similar religious evolutions were taking place. Religious development is akin to other man made items; advancements made in building technology to computers. Religion has had its own developmental path rooted in, and built upon previous ancient religions merging and divergent. Religious division is the difference between an Apple and Dell computer; it's same thing with different operating systems.

On the science point that you alluded to previously; I've done some research on the topic and deduced that much that's been written is the usage of Bible passages loosely attached to scientific terms. There are no details or scientific data to back up claims. Simply, there's a whole lot of conjecture and wishful interpretation being done. There's nothing that cannot be attributed to what was already known about natural occurrences during Biblical times; water has waves and the waves are bigger during a full moon, the numbers of stars in the sky are uncountable, seeds will grow if planted, and vapor (smoke) is emitted and lightening occurs during volcanic eruptions. Many other religious texts say much the same.

To this point there has been no evidence to prove that Christianity is the only true religion with a real God.
evolutioniscrushed

Pro

Peepette sorry I could not post, I have other things to do.

Not believing in God is the same as an atheist with a blindfold on him saying: THERE IS NO GOD!!! when God will accept anyone who seeks him.

Anyway, PASS. I'm too busy. Sorry though.
Peepette

Con

I never stated I did not believe in God. I alluded to being a Deists. A belief in God but not organized religion. Though I have respect for organized religions and its societal benefits; being knowledgeable of history and the development of religion lead me to a more rational (in my purview) perspective of God and spirituality. God does look upon his/her creation with favor for those who believe and aim to better themselves for good, no matter what system they adhere. It's very sad that the commonalities of which all religions share is not recognized. Lack of understanding had lead to wars and debates. I understand where you are coming from but, not your non-acceptance of other points of view. There is no one true religion or difference in the God that is worshiped. Take care fellow debater.
Posted by TheRealGod 1 year ago
TheRealGod
Christianity isn't special, I exist if you follow Christianity or not.
Posted by PegasisterDebate 1 year ago
PegasisterDebate
@evolutioniscrushed

Judgemental bastard. You're homophobic, you are racist, and have the WORST EGO EVER. Please just shut up for once in your life and stop believing others are wrong. Nobody will ever like you at all considering you've lost nearly every debate
Posted by the_banjo_sender 1 year ago
the_banjo_sender
See, this is not the way to make people see the power of our cause. Jamming truth down someone's throat does not help anyone. While some of the points you make are good, you go about them the wrong way.
Posted by evolutioniscrushed 1 year ago
evolutioniscrushed
At the end of the debate, PLEASE VOTE PRO!
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
evolutioniscrushed, if you no longer have interest in this debate please type pass on your end of the remaining rounds, otherwise it will go into a hung up forfeit; it's a debate limbo where no prayers are answered. If you wish to continue, that's great. Either way it's been a pleasure debating with you.
Posted by Passionate_Fighter 1 year ago
Passionate_Fighter
Pro - evolutioniscrushed, I just want to say that, "I love you man!"

Remember this:

What separates SINCERE CHRISTIANS and UNSTABLE PEOPLE;

17 As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus asked. "Only God is truly good. 19 But to answer your question, you know the commandments: "You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother."[a]"

20 "Teacher," the man replied, "I"ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young."

21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. "There is still one thing you haven"t done," he told him. "Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

22 At this the man"s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!" 24 This amazed them. But Jesus said again, "Dear children, it is very hard[b] to enter the Kingdom of God. 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

26 The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked.

27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God."

That's what separates SINCERE CHRISTIANS and all other UNSTABLE PEOPLE, so you can be a saint or whatever but if, you still have EVEN ONE little tinny concern about your life (i.e. TV), then you love it more than God, who is certainly worthy of eternal praise. For even one tinny little concern like TV, can make you to not qualify for the indescribably best place ever - Heaven.

Amen(We appreciate the
Posted by ADHDavid 1 year ago
ADHDavid
This debate tickles my funny bone.
Posted by epicray1 1 year ago
epicray1
@evolutioniscrushed I meant to say, "What makes is that you're more right than them?"
Posted by epicray1 1 year ago
epicray1
@evolutioniscrushed You are truly blind. Just because you strongly believe in something doesn't mean it is true. Just because you have a belief that Christianity is the "one true religion" doesn't mean that it is. Many other non-Christian religious believers believe that their religion is the "one true religion" and, like you, consider many things as "evidence" for their beliefs. What makes is that you're more right than them?
Posted by triangle.128k 1 year ago
triangle.128k
"the Bible is not to be questioned" Haha, you follow blind faith without actually thinking or questioning. Maybe you'd even find stronger evidence other than "The Bible says so" if you actually thought about religion, rather than blindly following it like a drone.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
evolutioniscrushedPeepetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by wipefeetnmat 1 year ago
wipefeetnmat
evolutioniscrushedPeepetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's argument was a lot of mighty religious claims but not a lot of scientific or logical proof. Conduct is for FF.
Vote Placed by Sdio 1 year ago
Sdio
evolutioniscrushedPeepetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't support his argument at all. It seemed like he was just spewing random nonsense. No structure, no arguments, no points. He is attempting to argue the legitimacy of the Bible while using the Bible itself as evidence....does not compute. Con takes it.