godsnumberis7
rdococ

Christianity(pro) VS. Atheism(Con)

rdococ

godsnumberis7

Pro

The first round is for acceptance and the 2nd round is your main point and 3rd and 4th is rebuttal
rdococ

Con

Assuming my main point should be saved for the second round, I suppose we will start the debate.
godsnumberis7

Pro

I will start off with why do you hate god
rdococ

Con

OK.

--- Free will can exist without sin being a part of that ---

God could have, with his omniscient mind and his omnipotent hands, created a world where the human race has free will but is physically unable to sin.

In our world as it is right now, I can't increase my velocity any faster than the speed of light.

So why couldn't he make us physically unable to eat the apple from that tree?

--- God cannot be Omniscient ---

If God is omniscient, then he can see into the future and change what happens now to affect the future.

This, in itself, is problematic. If God can change the future that he originally knew, then that new future was the future, and God's omniscient thinking was wrong! If he saw the finalised future, then he would not do anything, thus he could not have either seen one future or the other, because in any case it would not happen.

--- God cannot be perfect ---

If he was omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient, he would create a world where sin does not exist, where the human race still exists, and if he had to be hidden, where only atheists go to heaven.

Because that is not what the real world is like, God could not have been omnibenevolent, wasn't omniscient, or not omnipotent. If the world was perfect, a God would have these desired properties, but he can't.

--- God is evil ---

An evil God, on the other hand, would try to deceive and torture humans. What we see in the Bible is the works of an even worse God - he gives us the opportunity to reach heaven then he denies it unless you constantly worship him. Plus, he never negotiates unless you give into him, and he can't plainly forgive. No, instead he has to kill someone. Even if it's his own son. What an evil God!

Conclusion: In no way can God exist and be omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent at the same time.
godsnumberis7

Pro

First of all god's not the reason we sin it is because Adam and Eve ate from the tree of life letting the other people sin and that continued throughout Mankind.

In the end all sin will be demolished and there will be no more sin, and he can see into the future and change what happens now but he doesn't because being on Earth is like a test for mankind to see who loves god just like Satan was tested in heaven before he went to hell.

God is perfect but that doesn't mean this world is perfect or this universe is perfect but everything in this world is perfect and just the way he wants it to be. You said where the human race exists and it does exist I mean your a human being and I'm a human being right?

God is not evil I mean he created us instead of just letting it be him in this world, and he does give us the opportunity to go to heaven but some people don't take that offer. You don't have to worship god to go to heaven all you need to do is believe that Jesus is the son of god. Don't you think that he's nice since he did kill his son for us but Jesus is still alive in heaven and he does forgive us, he didn't just send his son to forgive our sins he also sent him to remove our sins, now isn't that a loving god that he would send his only son to die for our sins.
rdococ

Con

1. If mankind was going to sin, why did God create us, and why did God create that sinful tree, and why did God create the serpent, and why did God give us free will as a supposed gift, and why did God implement the idea of inherited sin?!

Free will is NOT a gift at all! All it does is give more hardship to mankind (especially me) to choose a decision! It doesn't make anything easier, not even for God if he has one tiny hint of mercy for us!

2. If all sin is going to be demolished, then why did God create something that would start it?

3. A good god would not only create a perfect world, he would never create Hell and send everybody to Heaven without judgement. He's omniscient so he did know he would create a sinful species.

4. A good god would never punish sins in the first place, as of 3.

CHECKMATE, THEISTS
godsnumberis7

Pro

God created us because he loves us, and he created Satan as ruler of hell for a place that the bad people go when they die as a punishment. Free will is a gift and honestly I don't know why he gave us free will but I'm guessing it was because if god didn't love us then he would make us do stuff without giving us a decision.

I'm sorry that you've had a hard life but you can't take it out on god, I have a hard life to and he does have mercy or else don't you think he would just let atheist suffer a lot and make them go to hell the minute they were born.

God created sin as a test here on Earth to see if we love him.

Our god is good and he punish's sin because it's like a consequence on Earth

If this world was perfect than what would be the purpose of us being here, he wouldn't need us and we would have no purpose on this Earth.
rdococ

Con

No loving God would punish those who don't like him.

God gives us a period of good time, and then sends us to hell. That's even worse than sending people directly to hell, because you long for those good times.

If God was perfect, why would he test us? He's omniscient, remember! He'd already know, and testing us is just making it worse.

If the world was perfect then God would want people to create besides him, so he creates people to create besides him in all the creativity of God himself. So he would have a reason. If he was a good God, he would allow us to create our own universes and want to see what we come up with. If god is good and he made us, he wants to see what we can do!

Thus, explains your rebuttals.
Posted by godsnumberis7 3 years ago
godsnumberis7
@WyattEarp1

No im only 13 I don't even know what you said
Posted by WyattEarp1 3 years ago
WyattEarp1
Godsnumberis7 is very ignorant of his own Bible and refuses to accept my debate challenge. If he does not accept and face me he's basically saying that he knows he will lose due to my superior knowledge of his religion.
Posted by Carthage 3 years ago
Carthage
Yeah, I debated on whether the Bible condones slavery. http://www.debate.org...
Posted by godsnumberis7 3 years ago
godsnumberis7
I have read the bible and it's not slavery like christian debater said
Posted by Christian_Debater 3 years ago
Christian_Debater
@rdococ

It isn't slavery. Read the Bible.
Posted by rdococ 3 years ago
rdococ
I think godsnumberis7 needs to read the Bible. It is full of horrible passages and even says that God is fine with slavery.

Why am I even doing this? Probably to get a win on a debate, to be honest.
Posted by kingcripple 3 years ago
kingcripple
Anyone who argues against God never has a clear understanding of God or the Bible
Posted by SNP1 3 years ago
SNP1
godsnumberis: I hate Green Goblin in the new Amazing Spiderman movie, that does not mean that I think he is real. You can hate something that is not real, there is nothing stopping that ability.
Posted by godsnumberis7 3 years ago
godsnumberis7
how can you hate god if you don't even believe in him
Posted by rdococ 3 years ago
rdococ
I hate God because of some biblical evidence I will bring to the argument that shows that the omnibenevolence of God is under scrutiny.

It's really weird to hear that you think I hate God, yet it is true!
Vote Placed by kingcripple 3 years ago
kingcripple
godsnumberis7rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: the fact that con is winning shows the bias of DDO, which proves prophesy. that prophesy proves the validity of the Bible, which proves the existence of God. That aside, con made the same tired baseless claims every antitheist makes.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
godsnumberis7rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro needs to make the subject of the debate more clear. Instead of Christianity vs atheism maybe it can be -God most likely exists-, -The Bible is the word of God-,-Free will doesn't disprove God, etc. either way con did a better job arguing.
Vote Placed by Charliecdubs 3 years ago
Charliecdubs
godsnumberis7rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nothing really logical on the pro side and "who do you hate god?" is probably the dumbest question on earth. Why do you hate unicorns and the tooth fairy hmm?
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
godsnumberis7rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think this was a sloppy debate on both sides, but CON rebutted PRO's points. Conduct to CON for the "Why do you hate God" comment.