pestoroll
MilitaryAtheist

Christianity vs Atheism

MilitaryAtheist

pestoroll

Pro

This is for atheists:
Why do you believe there is no god?
MilitaryAtheist

Con

Before I start I will ask the Christian side to use arguments that apply to Christianity only. A Muslim could say:

"Why dont you believe in Allah?"

Replace 'Allah' with Yahweh or whoever for taste.

To address my opponent's question, I will ask he bring evidence to the table. I can't say some creature lives under Mars surface, asking someone to disprove it. It would be fallacious thinking. Or to put it simple:

Not enough evidence.

Atheism is more likely to be correct then Christianity.
pestoroll

Pro

There is 0 evidence for that, though there are lots of evidences for a god. And I will prove that in a moment. But for now, if you don't mind would you please answer these to questions:

1. Do you you believe objective moral values exist?
2. How do you believe the universe began?
MilitaryAtheist

Con

1. I don't think this will prove God more then Allah.
2. I don't think the Universe 'had' a beginning in the normal sense of the word.

I thank Pro for abusing the BOP.

VOTE MA
pestoroll

Pro

pestoroll forfeited this round.
MilitaryAtheist

Con

Vote MA.

Christianity had the BOP but because he did not prove it, he lost. He also made some fallacious thinking. I doubt any seasoned voter would down vote me.

VOTE MA
Posted by MilitaryAtheist 4 years ago
MilitaryAtheist
Are you fucktarded? If someone went up to you asking why you don't believe in a Pink unicorn, would you bypass that person? Don't be stupid.
Posted by Billdekel 4 years ago
Billdekel
hehehehe MilitaryAtheist is evading questions again.
Posted by ADT_Clone 4 years ago
ADT_Clone
Feel free to bring up dualism in your debate with me, I have an argument which should disprove the possibility of dualism, and provides serious implications for a "personal relationship" with God and pray in general.
Posted by pestoroll 4 years ago
pestoroll
1. Accept my debate if you want to... well... debate.
A. Though altering the brain alters the body, that doesn't mean there can't be a spirit. How does it disprove the idea of a spirit?
B. How do you know this to be true?
C. In what way does that disprove the idea of a god?
Posted by pestoroll 4 years ago
pestoroll
B. How do you know this to be true?
Posted by Numidious 4 years ago
Numidious
The real question is, why do you believe there is one?

A) Dualism, the idea that our spirit is outside of our body, which has been proven false, as any doctor who treats brain injuries will tell you - if you change the brain, you can change the entire personality, proving that there is nothing outside of our bodies.

B) The need for an explanation to the mysteries of the universe going beyond what we can see ourselves. Now, however, that science is explaining more and more of life's mysteries every day, the number of religious individuals is beginning to shrink accordingly.

C) Control. The idea of god is an excellent way to keep people scared, especially when they have been brainwashed from childhood. Tell someone that there is no afterlife and they will do what they like based on rational conclusions, tell someone that if they don't join your church they will (or may if they don't quite believe you yet) burn in the fires of hell and they're much more likely to give money to the church and conform to it's teachings.

There's a reason that the word Islam means submission and that the word Christian means a FOLLOWER of Christ.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
pestorollMilitaryAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, more effort.