wmickas
SkySky16

Christianity vs Islam

SkySky16 has forfeited round #2.

wmickas

Pro

I will be arguing that Jesus was divine and the Muhammad is not a prophet. I will allow my opponent to make his or her case against my position then I will respond to his or her objections. I pray for a fruitful dialogue .
SkySky16

Con

I accept this debate.
wmickas

Pro

Question 1: Is Muhammad a prophet of God?
Muslims have tried to show that Muhammad is a prophet by pointing out texts in the Bible because if Muhammad is not mentioned in the Bible, then the Qur'an cannot be the word of God and Muhammad cannot be a prophet (Surah 7:157 and Surah 10:94) A lot of the verses they point out are for lack of a better word embarrassing. I will provide an example. John 16:13-14 because of what is said in Surah 53:3-4 has nothing to do with Muhammad. Let us break down these two verses "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." First, Jesus is talking to the people at his time and Muhammad was born at least six centuries later. Second, he identifies the attributes of the Spirit of Truth in John 14:17, "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." This means that the spirit of truth cannot be a human. Third, Jesus identifies who this comforter is. This comforter is the Holy Spirit (John 14:26). According to this logic Muhammad has the attributes of the Holy Spirit. I would believe that Christians and Muslims would both agree that this is blasphemous because this claim's conclusion applies a Godly attribute to Muhammad. The second one they point to is "ma-kha-madeem" in Hebrew is prophesying Muhammad in Song of Solomon 5:16 because the word sound like Muhammad. This is a silly argument and not the way to deal with languages that are not your own. This argument is again devastating to Islam. If you read Isaiah 64:11 consistently with this claim, then Muhammad will laid waste under the judgment of God. Also, if people making this claim were going to be consistent, then the people saying "Allahu Akbar", instead of saying God is great, they would be saying that Allah is a mouse because the Arabic word for Akbar is the same word for Hebrew meaning mouse. (Stong"s Hebrew 5909) A third argument that you will hear Muslims use is Deuteronomy 18:15-19. The problem with this being Muhammad is that the early apostles applied these verses to Jesus in Acts 3:20-22. The second evidence that I will provide is Muhammad's death. Muhammad died exactly the way Allah said he would die if he were a false prophet. (Surah 69:44-46) His death is described in Sunan Abu Dawud 4498. Do you think that God was trying to tell us that Muhammad is a false prophet? For more information on this visit http://www.answeringmuslims.com.... There are many more reasons why I believe that Muhammad is not a prophet. I will be updating this article every so often to include more.
Question 2: Is Jesus divine?
Christians and Muslims can agree on the existence of Jesus as a historical figure but they disagree on who he is and his significance in the salvation of mankind. We will now focus on his divinity. I believe that there are only two options and these two options are devastating to Islam. First option is Jesus is divine and the second option is Jesus is not divine. If Jesus is divine, then the assertion that Jesus is only a prophet is false. The second implication of Jesus being the divine Son of God, Muhammad said he would be the first to worship him (Surah 44:81). If Jesus is not divine, then he is a liar or a lunatic and cannot be a prophet. The question Muslims will ask in response to this is, "Where did Jesus say I am God, worship me?" While there are no verses in either the Bible or the Qur'an that say those exact words, there are a number of places where divinity is claimed by Jesus all over the gospels. The Qur'an says that "the people of the gospel" (Christians) should judge by what Allah has revealed (Surah 5:47). This being established by the Qur'an itself, there are lots of examples to point to but I will point out what I use the most in discussions on this subject. At Jesus's trial, he was asked, "Art thou the Christ the Son of the blessed?" He answered saying, "I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." (Mark 14:61-62). You may be thinking that the fact he called himself the son of man that it proves he is not divine. My response to this is that he quoted Daniel 7:13-14, "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."
Posted by canis 6 months ago
canis
Both religions believe in an invisible supernatural beings written about in books..So I believe in Santa.. Its just a better book..
Posted by Knight_Rhoden 6 months ago
Knight_Rhoden
Muhammad was a war mongering warlord who enslaved, killed and trod over various innocent peoples who wouldn't follow his faith. Jesus on the other hand did no such war mongering.

I am secular and the basic facts present a strong case as to who I would morally side with. Jesus any day.
Posted by Knight_Rhoden 6 months ago
Knight_Rhoden

Posted by missmedic 6 months ago
missmedic
Both religions believe in an invisible supernatural being that writes books. This is why it is better to know more and believe less, and read different books.
Posted by Fr3ak 6 months ago
Fr3ak
May I argue as an atheist?
Posted by Confucius1 6 months ago
Confucius1
Muhammad was a false prophet who committed atrocities, died a mortal man, and performed no miracles. The Qu'ran is not the word of God.
Posted by Confucius1 6 months ago
Confucius1