Debate_King1475
Burls

Christianity's corrupt history makes it seem highly likely that it is not a valid religion.

Burls

Debate_King1475

Pro

First Round accept the Debate
2nd-4th Arguments and Rebuttals
5th Final Rebuttals, closing statements, and NO NEW ARGUMENTS
Burls

Con

Accepted.
Debate_King1475

Pro

The Catholic Church was burning people at the stakes. The popes were very immoral and unfair. They were passing on the robe to their family members, people were buying the robe, and the worst part INDULGENCES. The popes were making people have to pay large sum of money to buys their way into heaven. How do you justify that? The people were putting up with that and killing heretics left and right. I don't think that adds up.
Burls

Con

Unfortunately for the purpose of this debate, mending one's ways is only idiomatic to the state of religion which historically has included human sacrifices, initiation and fraternal sodality.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
Debate_King1475

Pro

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
Burls

Con

Christianity's corrupt history makes it seem highly likely that either Jesus is not sitting at the right hand of God, or for one reason or another we're missing the point.
Debate_King1475

Pro

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
Burls

Con

And missing the point can be a product of corruption. But the fundamental verse of Mathew 7:2 may hold all the clues to the present predicament of the Church, and that one verse alone may vindicate Christianity from all apparent opposition.
Debate_King1475

Pro

Debate_King1475 forfeited this round.
Burls

Con

Burls forfeited this round.
Posted by Narwhalicorn 2 years ago
Narwhalicorn
Damn mightbenihilism, that was deep. XD
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Talk is cheap.

Get the wrinkles out of a Shar-pei, and I will follow.

Besides, you're the one who isn't satisfied with an eternity of bliss. You still want "health and wealth" here and now. You sound like just the type whose willing to risk all personal safety and comfort to bring the Gospel to those who've never heard it --- mosquito nets, filtered water, digging holes for a toilet, fending off Lions with muskets like that movie "Ghost in the Dark", sleeping on the ground, eating nasty BBQ lizards to survive. No, you're much too soft, too white, too Republican, too American, too Capitalist, too reliant on Third World slavery, and you know it, deep down, that this is so. There's a part of you that realizes how hollow your words and faith truly are, but your pride prevents you from looking at that beast. But, in the end, we must all behold the absolute ruin that we are --- that there is nothing good in ourselves and that our greatest righteousness is as filthy rags. We don't deserve these precious pennies in our hands. And if you truly felt that, you wouldn't so much as take a sip of Pepsi without weeping for what amazing grace lets that sugar hit your devil's tongue, and doesn't yet pour down the wrath that you so richly deserve.

God for you is just a genie-boy. You have far less fear of him than you do a big ugly spider on your toilet lid. He's just a figment of your imagination there to comfort and justify your North American generational bigotry and chauvinism --- bigotry which laid waste to two whole continents, stole souls from Africa to fill its precious Christian coffers with bloodied gold, and now sits as the world's top exporter of garbage and lies. It's not the real God. Remember, all covetousness is idolatry (Col. 3:5). True love for God wants nothing but God --- no Bluray, no SUV, no Super Smash Bros.

Christians like you won't make it. "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:23
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
mightywhatever. First, since miracles will never produce faith, that would be your first mistake. Faith comes by hearing words. Words are the only thing powerful enough to penetrate your mind and get inside your spirit.And he saw to it that you can read his word in your language. He could just drop in, but all he would say is what is already written. If he appeared so you could see him, you would believe, at least for a little while. Then your old carnal mind would challenge if it was God.But your spirit ,man would remain unchanged. And you would still be on your way to hell.

God did walk the earth. Did thousands of miracles. But it wasn't but a few generations that religion replaced the covenant.Thank God he was not you. He would be just as shallow as you are.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
No one in North Korea is in a position to criticize Kim Jong Un, either. I say he's a chubby lil' dirt-bag, though. I hope they kick him out, get a board of officials or something who want to start opening up to the West, reconciling with the South, freeing their people, ending the suffering, ending the madness. The ability to criticize authority without persecution is always a mark of free societies, of free peoples, and if the truth makes you free, it won't do so by groveling like a pug wanting a piece of cheezeburga.
Posted by Learner14 2 years ago
Learner14
Hi there, first of all I am not christian But I just wanted to share my opinion.
You think that your way is better but to be honest, if you know the characteristics of A God, you would

realize that your knowledge compared to God's knowledge is like a spec of dust of the foot-hill of mount

Everest. No body is in any position can criticize God or teach him how to deliver his messages. If God

revealed his holy book in your language, other people will be like, "Why is it not in our language?".

Wherever the prophet is sent at the time, he speaks the language of the people he was sent among, not

a foreign language as you said. If you are seeking the truth, another language will not be a burden.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
If I loved someone, and didn't want them to go to hell, and they would if they didn't love me, here's what I'd do:

One morning, I'd appear in their kitchen and make them coffee, and do some other miracles (like removing the wrinkles from a Shar-pei), so they'd have faith.

Instead, God writes a book in two foreign languages that few people know, and sends out evangelists into the world like Cheyennebodie who immediately calls Hispanics waiting for work at Home Depot "aliens".

Ergo, my methods are better than God.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
God says to those who have not accepted Jesus as Lord. " Depart from me, for I never knew you." They are not his to let in. They belong to satan. God is bound by his own laws. And he will not let the spiritual death lodged in their spirits to infect his realm.

Yes. God will just sit there and let you go to hell. He has done everything he can to give you a way out. He sent his son in your place, if you take his son's place in eternal life. It is solely up to you to complete the transfer. If you find yourself in that awful place, then the one in the mirror will be the only one to blame. Just as Adam blamed God for the fall, that did not stop him dying spiritually.And a billion years from now you blaming God will not give you the freedom to go where you choose. You will have lost your soul, or your will.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
So you're saying Satan casts them into outer darkness and God just sort of stands by and says, "What can I do? The kid has talent."
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
And I did not see in that scri[pture that God cast them into outer darkness. He is not their god. Satan is. And he hates their guts. Bottom line. it will be no ones fault but your own if you go to that place. Jesus had said , " those who do not believe in me are condemned already.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Just as a judge sentences a person to incarceration, that is where they belong. God will sentence anyone who belongs in hell to that place. Not because God caused his sentence.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Debate_King1475BurlsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff