WOLF.J
manaci

Christiano Ronaldo(world's best footballer): Love him or Hate him

WOLF.J
Started: 2/1/2018 Category: Sports

WOLF.J

Con

R1 Is acceptance only.

I will be con, as I hate him and will be justifying it.
Opponent has to argue why we should love him.
manaci

Pro

Well to start of: I believe CR7 is not only the best in the world but the best ever.
CR7 has always excelled in all the teams he has played in: Manchester United, Real Madrid, Sporting and Portugal's national team.
That can't be said from many other players.
One thing that makes people love him is that he is a very charitable person, he does visit children in hospitals every 2-3 months in his home country, and he does pay their medical care. Something that makes that even greater is that he doesn't call in cameras to show him giving to the needed, he just goes and does it. Messi Does this once every 5 years and he makes sure there is every last camera in Barcelona in the same room to see him visiting some kids.
WOLF.J

Con

'R1 Is acceptance only', shame on you Bro!

Ok so before I begin, here's a quick introduction about me. I'm a lifelong man united fan, although it's depressing watching them nowadays!

And I've seen CR7 live twice (RM v Zaragoza Dec 09, and Euro 2016 vs Poland, and it's the latter that caused me to hate him. HBU?

Here's my arguments, first allow me to discredit the fact that he's charitable. Any rich man can be charitable doesn't mean he's got a nice personality, most of the time it's a PR requirement. Take saurez for example, he's charitable but the lad likes to bite people!

Ronaldo is an egotistical primadonna, i mean he has a museum and statue dedicated to himself, what a pr1ck! He's always moaning and complaining on the field nowadays, esp v Poland.
I mean the other week vs La Coruna he got a bump to the head and demanded a mirror!! Wow!

Next point is that because im invested in to marketing, i feel PR is so important nowadays, n since Ronaldo has ivf children, his children have no strong maternal figure. That goes against your typical PR standard for a celeb, i mean tom Cruise literally auditioned girls to wed him because of this PR strategy.

The inflation in football transfer fees, just because wages and transfer fees are increasingly souring, elite bellends like cr7 n neymar demand more from their current contracts to reiterate their ego, thus further ruining the transfer system. Meaning sh1t players are brought for over their value.

Final point he left man united on a low, losing a final, so that made it seem like he was a sellout for going to Madrid.

Additional point for drama, some people believe the Wayne Rooney-Ronaldo wink incident was a setup to elevate their celebrity profiles.
manaci

Pro

Excuse me my friend but English is not my first language and I do not understand some words like "R1".

That being said, I agree with you that CR7 is a very egotistical person, however, he is always trying to be the best, to get better numbers, to get more titles, is that not who we would want in our side in any kind of enterprise in life? Would you rather work with someone that wants your company to achieve great things or someone who just cares to do enough in order to get a paycheck at the end of the month?

I certainly prefer the first.

My point being about CR7 doing charitable things is precisely the opposite to what you said, he does not do it as PR, he does not call in cameras to come and show him doing this or that. Other people do that, not CR7.

I am from Barcelona, here we have the second best player in the world, Messi, I have seen live both of these guys plenty of times. And let me tell you, my friend, Messi is nothing without Barcelona Behind him, he does nothing with his national team because he lacks the support of other great players. CR7 brings his team to another level, it is him who carries the team, not the other way around.

They did not make a statue of him, they have made several, in Madrid, he has a couple, in Madeira he has one, that I remember. However, it is not him who ordered those statues, the ones in Madrid was his own team who spent 45.000 euros on the statue, in Madeira it was the government.

the transfer system is a free market as any other in any capitalistic state, here we are entering another debate:

It is not the players fault that their teams are willing to pay and do anything they ask for. I agree their salaries are ridiculous, I agree the transfers, for example, of Barcelona of about 300 million Euros for 3 players are ridiculous and shameful. However it is everyone on their own free will who paid this, none was forced to it. If they will pay anything for anyone it is certainly not the fault of the players, it is a matter of time that this bubble will burst and many teams will be forced to lower salaries, and avoid contracting anyone for a while.
WOLF.J

Con

Your English seems fine brother!
ps you didn't tell me whether you've seem him perform live,?

Lets face it, Portugal were terrible in the Euros, that victory should be discredited, they played so many horrible draws, void the 3-3 w/ Hungary. If it was not for the new qualification system, they would not have made it out it of the group. Portugal only has Ronaldo n Pepe, they literally bored the opposition to sleep. Argentina has many more stars, but anyway we are not talking about Messi, so no need to bring him up.

Since you agreed that he is v.egotistical, that speaks for itself, esp. on the field this year, he's goals return in dreadful n he still whinges.
manaci

Pro

Yes, my friend, I agree that he may be egotistical, but that does not mean we have to hate him or either think that he is not the best footballer of all time, let us take a look at the stats:

He has played 745 matches and scored 549 goals, that's an average of 0,73 goals per match, how many guys do you know with this average in this amount of games?

He has won 4 champions leagues in 2 different teams, a few premiers along with FA cups, Fifa club world cup, and several Spanish league kings titles. With national team he has earned the European title, and it does not matter that it was boring or else, Spain won the world cup by scoring 8 goals in 7 matches, and even losing one of those matches, in the end what lasts is the honor of the title no one will care how it was won.

Also, you seem to agree with me, Portugal has Pepe and CR7 and they won euro cup while other teams have many more stars and get nothing giving me the advantage on my argument that he carries teams which are low level.

Great debating with you.
Posted by dsjpk5 5 months ago
dsjpk5
I like voting. It's the main reason I joined this website.
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
Yo dsj' You are the only person who votes on my debates lol
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
Great debating w/ you to, lets debate again in the future bro
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
Just realised I misspelt his name
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 5 months ago
dsjpk5
WOLF.JmanaciTied
Reasons for voting decision: Round one was for acceptance only, but Con made an argument. This is poor conduct.