MetalheadWolfman
particlephysicist

Christians Should Tolerate Gay People and Transsexuals

MetalheadWolfman

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance ONLY; NO ARGUMENTS.

Round 2: New Arguments/Rebuttals

Round 3: New Arguments/Counter Rebuttals

Round 4: NO New Arguments. Counter Rebuttals and a Summarization.

Rules:

No statements demeaning gay people or trans people as lesser beings. No gay/trans slurs. No insults. Follow the rules for each individual round.
particlephysicist

Con

I accept this debate
MetalheadWolfman

Pro

1) Revelation 22:11 KJV. "He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still." It is not the job of man to intervene with those who are sinning and are not hurting others against their will in the proccess, unless that person is your child whom you are legally responsible for.

2) Homophobic bigotry is evil. I will cite my own blog. (http://metalheadwolfman.blogspot.com...)

"Let me reiterate on my definition of bigotry. By bigotry, I don't mean simply preaching against homosexuality with love or trying to express an opposing viewpoint to gay rights advocates. Often, nowadays, people play the "bigotry card" whenever anyone expresses opposition to their viewpoint. "We can't shove our religion down your throat! Oppression! Oppression! Intolerance of my beliefs! But this is 'Murica! It's freedom of religion, not freedom from religion!" That is the attitude of too many Christians, believe it or not. Bigotry is when you devalue someone and ignore the fact that they are another human being with feelings like you. You view them as subhuman. You ignore who they really are and use their viewpoints and opinions to make them out to be a scoundrel.

Bigotry is a sin like any other, no doubt. One thing I do hate is sin. However, I view bigotry with a special kind of hate that I don't view homosexuality with. I have had anti-metal, anti-autistic, and anti-Christian bigots express irrational hate towards me just because I was different from them. I get what it's like to be the outcast; I understand what it's like to be hated. I was bullied in elementary school. I understand what it's like to be the elephant in the room who causes controversy. Side note: I visited the Independent Presbyterian Church in Savannah, Georgia while I was in town for an annual tournament on the beach hosted by the Savannah Fencing Club called Sabre in the Surf. I definitely felt like an elephant in the room. A huge elephant.

What's the difference between the sin of homosexuality and the sin of bigotry? All sin is considered equal by God, but the effects of certain sins are far greater than others. For example, telling a small lie and murdering a group of people - one causes far more damage for an longer period of time than the other. (Not equating either of those with homosexuality or bigotry.) In a homosexual relationship, you have two consenting adults in a relationship, not harming others. (If you're going to make the child molester argument, consider that if that person was a straight pedophile rather than a gay pedophile, they would be molesting and hurting kids - just ones of the opposite sex.) It devalues our fellow man.

Bigotry hurts other people, intentionally. Bigotry as a whole has hurt many more people than homosexuality ever has, and I believe ever will. If you take any average Joe off the street, chances are, they most likely hold some sort of bigoted view, even if they won't admit to it or play word games to try and make it less sinful than it really is.Bigotry is very common in schools. Bigotry is one of the primary causes of bullying in schools. Bigots in school are made up of indoctrinated kids and teens who hate on others because Mommy and Daddy gave them a hateful religious worldview."

3) "Christian" means "little Christ." Jesus has ordained Christians to be like him. Jesus never spoke a word about homosexuality. The sorts of sin that Jesus addressed were related to pride, theft, directly and voluntarily hurting others, and adultery. Love was the core element of Jesus.

4) You have to empathize with your fellow man and realize that not everyone has exactly the same viewpoint. Humans need to be able to work together and love each other, as well as understand each other. Homosexual temptation may not be something they chose. Someone could've hurt them, and thus, they have sexual issues. Molestation and rape usually always results in some issues with sexuality; not necccesarily homosexuality, but related to it in some way.

Thank you. :)
particlephysicist

Con

particlephysicist forfeited this round.
MetalheadWolfman

Pro

Con had no good arguments so he either procrastinated and didn't post, or he gave up.
particlephysicist

Con

particlephysicist forfeited this round.
MetalheadWolfman

Pro

Con once again forfeited.
particlephysicist

Con

particlephysicist forfeited this round.
Posted by cwt002 3 years ago
cwt002
Well..... I am not sure, when homosexuals adopt or get children there is a great chance the kids will be sexually confused and experiment homosexuality or bisexuality. Also, the gay community looks down on those that want therapy or those who change from homosexuality. People do not realize that the pressures to stay in as a homosexual is just as great as the pressure to stay in.

Also, one of my previous posts shows stats of major effects on society.
Posted by MetalheadWolfman 3 years ago
MetalheadWolfman
I don't think gay people will make other people gay... lol
Posted by cwt002 3 years ago
cwt002
I agree that it is impossible to force them to stop and that we should speak against it but action should be taken to limit the effects on society, themselves.....
Posted by MetalheadWolfman 3 years ago
MetalheadWolfman
We should speak against. We should not FORCE others to stop doing it.
Posted by cwt002 3 years ago
cwt002
Is it not? Are we not to be "like Christ" and tell others of their sin and the freedom in Jesus? This means that we should definitely not participate but also tell others out of love. We can not force people to stop but we should not condone it either and a form of condoning is allowing it to continue and grow in our Country. Therefore, we should not have to tolerate as Christians but stand for principles of Jesus spoke. I can honestly say that if Jesus was in America today he would not encourage, tolerate, allow homosexuality. He would speak against it, along with other sin as well.
Posted by MetalheadWolfman 3 years ago
MetalheadWolfman
We should not participate in the lifestyle. It is not our job to stop others.
Posted by cwt002 3 years ago
cwt002
So I just want to clarify, you are in agreement that homosexuality is wrong and sin. Therefore, Christians should stand against homosexuality and NOT accept the lifestyle.
Posted by MetalheadWolfman 3 years ago
MetalheadWolfman
1) Bigotry is discrimination against someone because of their sexuality. If someone bullies a person, denies them business, or looks down on them for being gay, I will haunt them until the end of the EARTH. SPEAKING against homosexuality is a different matter.

2) No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we're supposed to be like Jesus and he didn't talk about homosexuality.

3) Stating the obvious.

4) Correct.
Posted by cwt002 3 years ago
cwt002
Like I said with the sources, there are many negative affects that homosexuality brings. But I am confused about your view on bigotry, ultimately you think those in opposition should just not say anything and go with? I agree we should treat them like people and individuals but the lifestyle must be opposed, so where is the line drawn.

Also, in your Biblical reference are you stating that because Jesus never said the words homosexuality means there is not a clear stance? Because it is very clear in the Bible and its stance against homosexuality.

Remember, although people have homosexual tendencies does not mean you have to act on it. Therefore, it is a choice being made. I also want to point out that we never choose the temptations we have.

Last, at the end of you argument you clearly lead us to believe that homosexuality is usually a result from sin. Meaning that sin creates/leads to other sin not something right and pure.
Posted by MetalheadWolfman 3 years ago
MetalheadWolfman
Yes, please wait.