bootsandjeans
persianimmortal

Christians are not closed minded

persianimmortal

bootsandjeans

Pro

You often hear people say that Christians are closed minded because of our beliefs but I think that's an unfair thing to say and actually closed minded itself. Just because you don't agree with someone's lifestyle doesn't mean that you hate them or fear them, and to love someone doesn't mean that you have to agree with everything they do, believe or say.
persianimmortal

Con

Hi! First, I would like to say that just because my name appears in the con section, doesn't mean that I believe Christians are close minded. Let me explain. Cristianity itself is not closeminded but most Christians are. Christians are taught at a young age an art that I would like to dub the "auto-preaching method" where the preacher shoots out a steady flow of specific words that contain no personal view of the individual but rather a criteria that was previously created by someone else to serve the single purpose of getting a point across. The fact is most Christians have expectations from the individuals who hear the Word, that they should accept it regardless their belief. I appreciate the actions of Christians who share the Message of Christ with people, but the pace at which they jump from person to person creates annoyance rather than appreciation. James 3:1Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be jugded with greater strictness
bootsandjeans

Pro

It's hard not to agree in a way with what you're saying since sure there are Christians that can probably come across as annoying with their messages to others but I do think that in todays society it's not a bad thing to hear more messages of faith and about the life and works of Christ. A lot of our country is turning into the "anything goes" mentality and putting feelings above morals in my opinion. Not saying anything should be forced or that it should be overbearing but the messages coming from those that would oppose a Christian message is just as annoying and often times stronger right now.
persianimmortal

Con

Consider the huge number of Cristian denominations that currently exist and their wide array of interpretations concerning the Word of God. It's sad and unfortunate that their fabricated interpretations create heavy debates even within the Cristian community, about what certain sections in the Bible could mean. I ask you if all the Bibles in the world were thrown into the ocean, who would produce the Bible again? Nobody. Because they don't even agree about what the Bible is now. Cristians are so closeminded amongst themselves that this negative practice is being implemented outwardly on the Non-Christian community. With all this confusion around the concept of "true Christianity", it's difficult for Non-Christians NOT to label Cristians as closeminded. This all boils down to one thing, Spiritual Maturity. Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good and what is acceptable, perfect and will of God :)
Posted by ArrowofTime 1 year ago
ArrowofTime
Hah :). Read that after I posted.
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Oh no I didn't mean you @bootsandjeans haha I meant ArrowofTime :)))
Posted by bootsandjeans 1 year ago
bootsandjeans
Ok
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Read last arguement my friend :) @ArrowofTime
Posted by ArrowofTime 1 year ago
ArrowofTime
Edit: present, not prevent
Posted by ArrowofTime 1 year ago
ArrowofTime
I don't think that this is a good debate topic. See here, you are arguing a generalization - Christians are close minded. How do you know this. First off all, you must establish what "close-minded" means. Then you must define what "Christianity" are you discussing American Christians, Anglicans, Protestants, Fundy Christians, Gnostic Christians, etc. Then you must prevent data showing that all Christians are/are not closed minded - by looking at every Christian. See the problem here?

Christianity is only a religion and modifier that codifies the reality of an individual. When dealing with individuals, some are great to talk to over a cup of a coffee; some not so much.

Therefore, I declare the winner as: none of you!
Posted by persianimmortal 1 year ago
persianimmortal
Many parts in the Bible tells us to change ourselves. I'm not a Christian but my friendly message to my Christian Brothers and Sisters would be: Please be wary of your approach to the Non-Christian Brothers and Sisters for their souls are delicate and until the day that they FULLY grasp the concept of God's Message, they are NOT condemned, for God does not punish the uneducated, He punishes the ignorant. The ignorant are those who, with knowing the Message, turn away from the All-merciful God and worship Idols and Statues. Everyday that goes by and any action taken by them, from the second they have FULLY grasped the Message of Christ, that day becomes their Day of Judgment, the Day where God judges the ignorant and not the uneducated. It is your duty to sympathize with those who's heart is not aware of the Path to God and shame those who've ignored it completely. Note that even the ignorant require guidance....so none should be left alone in the Eyes of God. Peace and blessing on all of you.
Posted by BTW 1 year ago
BTW
I like where this debate is going.
Posted by bootsandjeans 1 year ago
bootsandjeans
Ok well then let's narrow it down to common American Christians of the most popular denominations
Posted by palmertio0 1 year ago
palmertio0
Christians covers a veeeerrrryyy large number of people (2 billion iirc) making this debate unfeasible. Each Christian is different and has their own set of views on the world.
Vote Placed by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
bootsandjeanspersianimmortalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro really didn't rebut any of Con's arguments. She really just agreed with a lot of it and made a bunch of off topic comments.