Christians do not follow Christ, The Bible or the God of bible. Christ was NOT a Christian.

I am clearly saying that the practice of Christianity as it is done today is simply not in the bible. 99.9% of the current christian churches follow the traditions of man and not God.
Mat_15:6, And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
Mar_7:9, And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
Mar_7:13, Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

My opponent said "Christ was not a Christian" this does not make any sense at all as according to Wikipedea Christianity means the anointed one and the Latin suffix lan and ltas a Religion based on the life and oral teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in the New Testament. So as for Christ Being a Christian he was not a Christian because he was God he made Christianity.
My opponent quoted Mathew 15:6 but that verse is out of context. This is 15 :3-9. Jesus replied "why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said 'Honor your father and Mother' and anyone who curses their father and mother should be put to death; but you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help your father and mother is 'devoted to God: they are not to Honor their 'father and mother' with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied a out you :
These people of honor me with there lips but there heart are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teaching are merely human rules. So if my opponent takes Mathew 15:16 out of context then what other things will he take out of place?

I would like to thank my opponent for this opportunity. However the debate is about what is in the bible and what Christ Himself practiced, leaving us with a true example of what it means to follow the God of Israel.
Using bible facts and common sense, we know that Christ was killed for being the King of the Jews! Christ's religion was written by the hand of Pontius Pilate and placed on a sign in many languages so that all would know that Christ was killed over the Jewish religion accused by Jewish High Priest and scribes.
Notice that my opponent used Wikipedia as his source of facts, so I will too.
The debate is about bible facts not internet opinion. Internet is a great tool for information. But the facts are anyone can put their opinion on Wikipedia.

Wikipedia is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project supported by the Wikimedia Foundation and based on an openly editable model. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links designed to guide the user to related pages with additional information.
Wikipedia is written collaboratively by largely anonymous Internet volunteers who write without pay. Anyone with Internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles, except in limited cases where editing is restricted to prevent disruption or vandalism. Users can contribute anonymously, under a pseudonym, or, if they choose to, with their real identity.

My opponent clearly said that Christ started the Christian religion. Meaning Christ started the Sunday Service that is done today. That is just wrong!
Christ and the Disciples kept the Jewish feasts days such as Passover and the Sabbath. Paul taught on the Sabbath as well.

Act_13:14, But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
Act_13:27, For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.
Act_13:42, And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
Act_13:44, And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
Act_15:21, For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Act_16:13, And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither.
Act_17:2, And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Act_18:4, And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.

Next my opponent cries "context" saying Christ was only talking/referring to what Isaiah said in his day. Again just wrong. Christ was directly talking to the flesh Jewish/Fake! priest/men who where running the temple when Christ walked the earth.

Col_2:8, Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (Man's logic is equal to philosophy). Sorry the God of heaven is not logical according to the standards of man.
Isa_55:8, For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa_55:9, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I will assert that man did attach the name of Christ to the false traditions set up by man and not God. Did God change the Sabbath? Or some man?
Exo_20:8, Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo_20:10, But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo_20:11, For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo_31:13, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
Exo_31:14, Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Exo_31:15, Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
(In OT you were actually stoned for breaking the 7th day Sabbath. Before someone babbles nonsense, I am not advocating killing anyone who ignores the Sabbath. The death pertaining to our day is spiritual.)

I will close this round with this: The bible is about One man=Christ, His family=Israel/Jews, And their impact on the earth. Christianity has hundreds of divisions all having a different 'OPINION' about Christ. I say 99.9% are all wrong beginning with those who observe sun-god Sunday. And use my opponent's source of knowledge. All can not be correct. But all could be (spiritually) dead wrong is the reason Christ will reject the Christian church.

Psa_40:7, Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Heb_10:7, Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

Mat_7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat_7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat_7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat_7:24, Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

List of Christian denominations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note: This is not a complete list, but aims to provide a comprehensible overview of the diversity among denominations of Christianity. As there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations (figure includes overlap between countries).
1 Catholicism
1.1 Catholic Church
1.1.1 The Latin Church
1.1.2 Eastern Catholic Churches
1.2 Other churches and movements
1.2.1 Independent (self-identified as Catholic)
1.2.2 Marian Movement
1.2.3 Roman Catholic Orders
1.2.4 Miscellaneous Catholic Organizations
2 Eastern Orthodox
2.1 Eastern Orthodox Church
2.2 Other churches
3 Oriental Orthodoxy
3.1 Other Churches
4 Church of the East
5 Other early Christians
6 Protestantism
6.1 Pre-Lutheran Protestants
6.2 Lutheranism
6.3 Anglicanism
6.3.1 Anglican Communion
6.3.2 Other Anglican Churches
6.4 Calvinism
6.4.1 Continental Reformed churches
6.4.2 Presbyterianism
6.4.3 Congregationalist Churches
6.5 Anabaptists
6.6 Brethren
6.7 Methodists
6.8 Pietists and Holiness Churches
6.9 Baptists
6.9.1 Spiritual Baptists
6.10 Apostolic Churches "" Irvingites
6.11 Pentecostalism
6.12 Charismatics
6.12.1 Neo-Charismatic Churches
6.13 African Initiated Churches
6.14 Messianic Judaism / Jewish Christians
6.15 United and uniting churches
6.16 Religious Society of Friends (Quake

First off when I said my opponent Took Mathew 15:6 out of context I ment he didn't thquote the whole verse and he did not say the verses leading up to that verse. In short we should honor are father and mother but it is wrong when we say Gods authority is grater than are parents which is true but its wrong when you say that just so you can do wicked things to your parent.
Second thing Christ is the creator of Christianity (Christ)-ianity.
Third thing about the sabbath it dosnt matter what day it is as much as it matters that Christians acknowledge that God rested on the seventh (which day we do not know) and made is holy. Also Jesus and hid disciples worked on the sabbath to. Mathew 12: 11-12 KJB and he said unto them what man shall there be among you that shall have one sheep and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day will he not lay hold on it and lift it out? As for modern Sunday service as long as the Bible permits it its okay.

Note to Con I don't quite get what your saying anymore please explane
Source The Holy Bible

I will quickly address my opponents three points.
1. My opponent is confused because he thinks the Christian religion is correct because man has told him that. What I am saying is what the Christian is teaching is simply not in the bible. So to be clear I say Christ would be talking to Christian Church of today, yes 99.9% of them.

" Mat 15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees which were of Jerusalem saying Mat 15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. Mat 15:3 But he answered and said unto them Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? Mat 15:4 For God commanded saying Honour thy father and mother: and He that curseth father or mother let him die the death. Mat 15:5 But ye say Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother It is a gift by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; Mat 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. "

2. My opponent said again that Christ created Christianity. Not written.
Christ kept the Passover. Not Easter. Many churches serve ham Easter. Jesus will not eat any swine.
Deu_14:8, And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.
Isa_65:4, Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
Isa_66:17, They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Did Jesus change that? No man did!
Many false teachers quote Peter here when God used a figure of speech telling him to go the Gentile nations.

(Found 0 times in 0 verses)
My opponent quoted:
thing about the sabbath it dosnt matter what day it is as much as it matters that Christians acknowledge that God rested on the seventh (which day we do not know) and made is holy. Also Jesus and hid disciples worked on the sabbath to. Mathew 12: 11-12 KJB and he said unto them what man shall there be among you that shall have one sheep and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day will he not lay hold on it and lift it out? As for modern Sunday service as long as the Bible permits it its okay.

God wrote: Exo_31:13, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.
Exo_31:16, Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

Joh_18:39, But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the Passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews? Again Christ started the Jewish religion which was corrupted much like the Christian's today, however they mean well but they are just wrong. Much like my opponent.

My point is Christianity is a false religion.

Con just does not get it God created the world in six days and on the seventh day he rested. Time could of been created on Tuesday or Wednesday or even Sunday we don't know. The Monday -Sunday system was not created yet. So its not a specific day God is tell us to keep holy but rather the fact that we acknowledge that God made the seventh day holy. So what ever seventh day means to us let it be Sunday or Wednesday its okay because we acknowledge that on a seventh day God rested.

We should always observe the sabbath but we are no longer breaking Gods law when we work on the sabbath. Even Jesus Christ who created the sabbath worked on the sabbath. You see all the Jewish laws the Ten Commandments and rules about what to and what not to eat were created by God to show that we as humans could never reach the standered of God. Basically we could not reach Gods holyness by are self's but Jesus started a NEW COVENANT one were all the rules of the old covenant (Old Testament) were not required to enter the kingdom of God anymore all are sins are breaking of rules were paid for we now have the chance to become completely holy join a new covernent which is complete trust in Jesus Christ that he will forgive you for your sins and make you holy. All those traditions are no longer necessary to become holy put your trust in Jesus and you will be holy in the eyes of the Lord.
Hebrews 8:14 In that He saith a new covenant He hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away

Well the bible say's that Adam was formed after the seventh day is why Christians are in error.

Formed means: squeezed into, the potter; And the bible says Adam was formed not created. Big difference.

Notice the lack of scriptures and how my opponent babbles, quoting the traditions of man.

All races of people did not evolve from Adam......................................

" Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man (THE MAN ADAM=GOD/CHRIST HIMSELF!) whom he (GOD FORMED HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!) had formed. Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Gen 2:10 And a river went out (NOTICE OUTSIDE OF EDEN!!!!!!!) of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted and became into four heads. Gen 2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah where there is gold; (DID GOD CREATE GOLD OF COWS/GOLDEN CALF'S?) Gen 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone. (MY OPPONENTS THINKS THAT GOD CREATED PEARLS FOR PIGS?) Gen 2:13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia. " (Ethiopia means black people the Strongs # 119 say's Adam was red ruddy did Adam's children turn black?) No common sense say different!

Yes Christianity is false!

Formed in the Strongs:

#3335 יָצַר yatsar {yaw-tsar'}

probably identical with H3334 (through the squeezing into shape),
([compare H3331]); TWOT - 898; v
"Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) to form, fashion, frame
1a) (Qal) to form, fashion
1a1) of human activity
1a2) of divine activity
1a2a) of creation
1a2a1) of original creation
1a2a2) of individuals at conception
1a2a3) of Israel as a people
1a2b) to frame, pre-ordain, plan (fig. of divine)
purpose of a situation)
1b) (Niphal) to be formed, be created
1c) (Pual) to be predetermined, be pre-ordained
1d) (Hophal) to be formed
"Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
probably identical with H3334 (through the squeezing into shape); (compare H3331); to mould into a form; especially as a potter; figuratively to determine (that is, form a resolution):" X earthen, fashion, form, frame, make (-r), potter, purpose.
"Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
yatsar (427c); a prim. root; to form, fashion:"
NASB - Creator(1), devises(1), earthenware*(1), fashion(1), fashioned(1), fashioning(2), fashions(1), formed(20), forming(2), forms(2), made(1), Maker(2), maker(4), ordained(1), planned(4), potter(9), potter's(7), potters(1).
"NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
Copyright " 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation " All rights reserved "
AV - form 26, potter 17, fashion 5, maker 4, frame 3, make 3,
former 2, earthen 1, purposed 1; 62
2 Samuel 17:28.
Psalms 139:16. Isaiah 22:11.
Psalms 33:15. Isaiah 44:12; 45:9.
Isaiah 45:7.
Genesis 2:7, 8, 19. 2 Kings 19:25. Psalms 94:9; 95:5. Isaiah 27:11; 37:26; 43:1, 7, 10, 21; 44:2, 10, 21, 24; 45:18, 18; 49:5; 54:17. Jeremiah 1:5; 33:2. Amos 7:1.
Jeremiah 10:16; 51:19.
Amos 4:13. Zechariah 12:1.
Jeremiah 18:11.
Isaiah 29:16.
Psalms 94:20.
Psalms 74:17; 104:26.
Isaiah 44:9.
Isaiah 45:9, 11. Habakkuk 2:18, 18.
Isaiah 41:25; 64:8. Jeremiah 18:4, 4, 6. Lamentations 4:2. Zechariah 11:13, 13.
1 Chronicles 4:23.
Psalms 2:9. Isaiah 29:16. Jeremiah 18:2, 3, 6; 19:1, 11.
Isaiah 30:14.
Isaiah 46:11.

octo forfeited this round.

I will attempt again to educate my speechless opponent. I agree that earth was created by the sixth day, AGREED! Try to understand that the bible say's clearly that God planted Eden, and formed Adam, after The Spirit of God had rested on the seventh day. Is the point missed for years, yet they preach, preach, preach. While dictating what is correct context when the church is wrong about the beginning. Tells me they are simply not representing the God of the bible. The christian religion began in Rome where the Pope is. Christ was telling the Jews of His day that they where of Satan then, in that day, so it is today. I say 99.9% of all religions are false. I say no disciple or Paul started the church of Rome. However some met there end there. Even wrote letters from captivity while in Rome. The true truth was started from peoples homes not a church building which is just a small business, created for profit and to assist the King/Government control the people.

Joh_8:42, Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh_8:43, Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh_8:44, Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh_8:45, And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh_8:46, Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh_8:47, He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
Joh_8:48, Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
Joh_8:49, Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
Joh_8:50, And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
Joh_8:51, Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
Joh_8:52, Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Joh_8:53, Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh_8:54, Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

I appeal to the reader that my witness is true. I defend and stand alone on the word of God.

octo forfeited this round.
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
Actually they follow traditions of man=Antichrist in ignorance.
Christ was His own father being He was is Adam the Alpha of the bible is what is written.
Luk_3:38, Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
1Jo_2:18, Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jo_2:22, Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo_4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo_1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Posted by FluffyCactus 2 years ago
Telisw37, Great job at articulating your side. You've improved greatly. I still disagree with you. Given the wikipedia definitions listed, Christ taught Christianity; That is: to obey and follow him (Christ). Perhaps this "Christianity" isn't what "Christians" teach or practice, but that wasn't the debate topic. By definition, Christians follow Christ. Now, whether or not everyone who claims to be "Christian" actually is a Christian (Follower of Christ) is a different debate.
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
Posted by B0NEDUDE 2 years ago
I understand what OP is talking about.

Their is no "Christianity" liike there was no "Mosesanity" when he was in alive.

What it boils down too is the actual Commandments, ect of the Bible that "Christians" refuse to obey.

P.S. There are more than ten.