Castaway
Matpat

Christians rationally know truth from fiction

Castaway has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Castaway

Con

IF YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO READ THIS WHOLE POST AND THEN RESPOND TO THE SINGLE QUESTION IT ASKS, GO AWAY. I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT A CERTAIN CHRISTIAN WILL PROBABLY JUST IGNORE ANSWERS AND KEEP YELLING THE SAME STUPID ARGUMENT.

Christians love to live under the delusion that they hold some sense of knowledge of truth from fiction that Atheists don't. How can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction? If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. SO, BY WHAT METHOD DOES ANY CHRISTIAN CLAIM TO RATIONALLY KNOW TRUTH FROM FICTION?

Answering this question is the sole purpose for this debate. I have even put it in capital letters for those to dense to get it. If you are unable or unwilling to answer this question, do not respond to this debate. Likewise, if you do not believe in reality, believe you make it up or deny it is objective or knowable, or if you do not know how to rationally know truth from fiction, do not respond to this debate. If you are terrified of cross-examination or madly in love with red herrings, do not respond to this debate. If you have responded before, do not respond to this debate. After all, if you had nothing rational to say then, you will having nothing rational to say now.

If all you have is "God", do not respond to this debate, for any evidence of God relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid, and you "knowing" God is real in your heart is equally subjective. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with God, you lose the debate because that is circular reasoning and circular reasoning is not rational.

if you respond in violation of these rules, you automatically lose the debate.
Matpat

Pro

First, I appreciate your emphasis of avoiding fallacies and being rational. Way to go.
Christians will argue that they "just feel" God. That argue may be true, yet not valid.

Ok. here's my argument. As any man, truth and fiction are rationally factored by facts. Christians are no different. Belief of truth and fiction differ by upbringing, naivety, or facts. We know truth and fiction by facts. For instance, we know that flip-phones are true as we have seen it. We know of Biblical truth because of archaeological evidence. We know that evolution from a single cell is fiction as scientific facts disprove that theory.

So in answer to you, Truth and Fiction is determined by facts, no less.
Castaway

Con

Ah,seeing as you seem to have missed my point, presumably not seeing the countless originals, you must just think that I'm a massive dick. This is really a parody, seeing as a site member has been posting like a dozen of these about Atheists. To kind of steal his points in case you actual want to argue their point either way, any "facts" known can only be determined by your senses, which you have no rational basis for trusting. You can't know any of these facts are actually facts rationally.

But again, this was really a parody, sorry I didn't make that clearer. My bad on this one.
Matpat

Pro

Definitions of facts may differ.

My definition of facts is the following: any hypothesis, idea, or physical object that can be proved by evidence.

For instance:

We know that Donald Trump won the Electoral College vote because we saw the evidence, we saw the facts.

Now, you may say that Christianity can be proved false by this premise. However, this is false, as archaeological experiments and excavations line up with biblical information.

I didn't know that this was a parody. I joined yesterday XD.
Castaway

Con

How can you know anything? Let's say Jesus Christ himself descends down and walks on water in front of him before proclaiming himself the Lord. How do you know, for certain, that your eyes aren't lying to you. How do you know this isn't all a dream? How do you know you're not plugged into a Virtual Reality device? We know your sense can be false, hence, they can't be used to find evidence. You can logical know that you exist seeing as you're thinking, but anything else you're simply assuming exists, you don't know for a fact.

That's OK, this'll be fun to debate either way.
Matpat

Pro

Let us now discuss the most important factor in facts: time. If anything stands the test of time, it is worthy to be called a fact. So in response to your illustration, you will know it is real if: you don't wake up and there is no strap or VR around your head. You will know it's not real if it abruptly ends and leaves you standing or lying in your bed.

oh yeah, your grammar sucks
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by fishizgood 1 year ago
fishizgood
Matpat, please don't bring up grammar during debate rounds. That is up to the voters to decide not you.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Lol
Posted by Matpat 1 year ago
Matpat
This argument is vague. No offense.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@kikiki Mad, or annoyed? I think we all are.
Posted by kikiki 1 year ago
kikiki
Somebody's mad at ViceRegent
Posted by Hylian_3000 1 year ago
Hylian_3000
This is very clever
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
No, it's pure flattery. :)
Posted by Castaway 1 year ago
Castaway
Is this a parody? I genuinely fail to see how I could've made this any more of a parody, although I'm happy to debate the topic if ViceRegent would like to try to defend his idiotic position.
Posted by AlexaGeek 1 year ago
AlexaGeek
Is this a parody, lol?