TrueblueConservative
Evan_Of_Hearts

Christians should be able to not have anything to do with the LGBT movement.

TrueblueConservative

Pro

Homosexuality is a sin in the Christian Religion, therefore we should not have to legally support it in any way imaginable. I do believe that they deserve the right to get married, but Christians should not be legally forced to marry them, or cater their wedding, or accept it in any way possible.
Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

I will first take on your stance that homosexuality is a sin.

Is homosexuality really that important? There are seven passages in the Bible that refer directly to homosexual behavior, and none of them are associated with Jesus. Compare that to the more than 250 verses on the proper use of wealth or more than 300 on our responsibility to care for the poor and work for justice, homosexuality was not exactly a major theme. There are two passages that refer to homosexual behavior that are set in larger narratives. That is, they are part of a story, not a legal or moral code. Each deals with the threat of homosexual rape (Not love). The more famous of the two comes from the story of Sodom and Gomorrah found in Genesis 19:1-11. Lot, Abraham's nephew, is staying in Sodom when he is visited by angels. Men from the city come and demand that they be allowed to have sex with Lot's guests. Lot refuses and when he is threatened by the townspeople the angels he has hosted protect him. A similar story occurs in Judges 19:16-30 (minus angels and with a grislier outcome).
There is broad consensus that these passages have nothing to do with homosexuality per se, but rather with hospitality and justice. That is, both scenes represent hosts protecting their guests from severe humiliation and outrageous injustice. Some other parts of the Bible interpret these passages just this way. Ezekiel, for instance, refers to the sin of Sodom not in terms of sexual immorality but rather justice: "This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy" (16:49).There are also two verses in the book of Leviticus that refer to homosexual behavior. The first reads, "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination" (18:22). While the second states: "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them" (20:13). But it doesn't say whether these passages refer to consensual homosexual practice (and whether that was even a recognized option in the ancient world), or if they describe the cultic practice of Israel's neighbors and adversaries. Oh, and don't forget these passages:Romans 1:26-27: "For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error." 1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers -- none of these will inherit the kingdom of God. And this is what some of you used to be. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God."1 Timothy 1:9-11: "This means understanding that the law is laid down not for the innocent but for the lawless and disobedient, for the godless and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their father or mother, for murderers, fornicators, sodomites, slave-traders, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to the sound teaching that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."
Now these passages are referring to the fact that homosexual rape was involved, that homosexual rape was metaphorical, or that all sinners are forgiven.
By the way, are you not occasionally consumed with passion that could be considered shameful and degrading? If you say no, then you obviously haven't been caught. ;-)

REBUTTAL TIME!!!!!
TrueblueConservative

Pro

TrueblueConservative forfeited this round.
Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

Evan_Of_Hearts forfeited this round.
TrueblueConservative

Pro

Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

Evan_Of_Hearts forfeited this round.
TrueblueConservative

Pro

Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

Evan_Of_Hearts forfeited this round.
TrueblueConservative

Pro

Evan_Of_Hearts

Con

I apologize for my previous forfeitures, I have not been able to access the internet for a while. But as you can see, my opponent provided no significant evidence suggesting that Christians should not have to legally accept their business.
Please take note of my spelling, grammar, punctuation use, and conduct. While my opponent and I may have both forfeited several rounds, take note that I have submitted arguments to more of the rounds. Ladies and gentlemen, I leave you to decide the winner.