Mshore
unicorn1234550

Christians should not oppose the legalization of gay/plural marriage

Mshore

Pro

I am looking for a Christian who currently believes gay marriage and polygamy should be illegal. I am also a Christian (and no, not a liberal one), and I plan to make the case that it is in the interest of Christians to abandon this position (while still opposing homosexuality morally).
unicorn1234550

Con

Christians should not legalize gay/plural marriage. even though people cannot help who they love they shouldn't allow that now. that changes beliefs of a RELIGION!!!!! what they BELIEVE in! you cannot just force someone to believe in something like that! I have nothing against gay/plural marriages but I don't think that they should legalize it. it has been the way people believe for 2000 years so why would they change it now.
Mshore

Pro

Ok, a few clarifications:

You said, "that changes beliefs in a religion". Please be more careful in your arguments. I stated in my original description, "while still opposing homosexuality morally", meaning I am not advocating that Christians change their beliefs on homosexuality. The Bible is consistent from the Old Testament to Paul's statements in the New Testament that homosexuality is a sin. Again, I am not asserting that Christians should change this belief. However, the Bible does not address making this sin (or consequences of this sin, e.g. Marriage) illegal. What I am suggesting is that Christians stop using civil government to enforce their religious beliefs.

You said, "I have nothing against gay/plural marriages but I don't think that they should legalize it". That's ironic. I actually have a lot against gay/plural marriage (like I said, I'm a Christian), but I think we should legalize it.
unicorn1234550

Con

unicorn1234550 forfeited this round.
Mshore

Pro

Mshore forfeited this round.
unicorn1234550

Con

unicorn1234550 forfeited this round.
Mshore

Pro

Mshore forfeited this round.
unicorn1234550

Con

unicorn1234550 forfeited this round.
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 3 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
Holy crap Pro, I can't wait to see your case, you and I might be the only two people in the world to think of this.