Kcolgan
hlynn16

Christmas starts to early

Kcolgan

Con

I believe that Christmas is a whole season not just the day. November is just a month away from Christmas I think it is a great time to start getting ready for Christmas. I know thanksgiving is in November but I think that its okay to listen to Christmas music early I mean Black Friday Stars on Thanksgiving day now. Sure I wouldn't go full out Christmas in November but I believe its time to start getting into the Christmas spirit.
hlynn16

Pro

Christmas can been seen as a whole season, but there's a difference between singing Christmas carols while stuffing a turkey and waiting on line behind someone with a Christmas tree and presents while I'm buying my Halloween costume. I'm all for getting into the Christmas spirit before December, but Christmas shouldn't start while it's still hot outside. Everyone has the mental picture of waking up to a white Christmas, so why does it start before the leaves on the trees can even change?
Of course, there are a few big holidays throw together at the end of the year, and it's okay to mix them--plan out your Thanksgiving dinner while you make your Halloween costume, singing Christmas carols while stuffing your turkey--but I think it's going overboard when I'm standing in a store buying Halloween decorations or back-to-school supplies and I hear Christmas carols playing. That's just way too early. In my opinion, mid to late November should be the start of the Christmas season, not mid October. I have always seen the start of the Christmas season as the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, when Santa goes by on the last float. That's about when Christmas should start, not two months before.
Kcolgan

Con

I know the whole Christmas white Christmas is what everyone thinks of for Christmas but what about the kids and people living in Hawaii or Florida. There people can go swimming on Christmas Day the weather plays no effect on when the Christmas season starts. I believe that Christmas in July is even acceptable. Christmas is all about the feeling. During the Christmas season I feel like everyone is just happier I know it may have no reason behind it but Christmas just puts people in a better mood. And why cut the good mood short by cutting it down to just a month and a half as you say.
hlynn16

Pro

I'll agree with you that Christmas is about the feeling, but so are other holidays; and honestly the earlier Christmas starts and the longer it goes the less special it feels. When people start Christmas in September or even August sometimes it just makes it drag on, and then when Christmas does finally happen it doesn't really /feel/ like Christmas, just the last day after Ninety Days of Christmas. And other holiday's are also about the spirit, and it's hard to get into the spirit of those holidays when you're already juggling Christmas with it. Halloween doesn't feel quite as creepy, and Thanksgiving feels like an interruption, and again by the time Christmas finally rolls around the feeling is closer to "it's finally over" than "yey! Christmas!" When the Christmas season starts a little later you can focus more on just Christmas, and in my opinion that allows you to get more into it and it feels even more special.
Kcolgan

Con

The Christmas season gives you time to prepare for many people there is a long list of people you have to get gifts for. I personally like having things done early so I go Christmas shopping early. It's nice to have the option to go shopping early and not be confined to a certain time range. I know my mom starts Christmas shopping in the summer it gives you more time to get the best deal. Also even if you are getting ready for Christmas early it doesn't take away the specialises of the holiday because you aren't celebrating all the aspects of the holiday. Your not giving out presents and getting to see the joy on peoples faces when you give them the perfect gift that they didn't even know they wanted until the got it just then. You also aren't going around to see the Christmas lights either. There are certain time frames within the Christmas season for certain things. But when the whole family comes together after months or how ever long you where planning you Christmas there is nothing like celebrating Christmas together with friends and family. Over all there are many things that need to take time to make the holiday season really special and it's not just a day. The season brightens peoples' day with out even realizing it. The Christmas season I believe just makes the holiday even more special because you spend all these days trying to set it up when it actually happens the day is just magical
hlynn16

Pro

hlynn16 forfeited this round.
Posted by evangelisticminds 2 years ago
evangelisticminds
Also, hlynn16, some people celebrate Christmas in a different season, so it can be deathly hot when children wake up to their stockings full and the space under the Christmas tree filled
Posted by evangelisticminds 2 years ago
evangelisticminds
The Christmas season should be celebrated throughout winter, but really, the whole meaning of Christmas is that Christ was born the night we celebrate Christmas. Therefore Christmas is a day, not a season.