imnotdead
TheSexicanMexican

Chuck Norris facts are overrated.

imnotdead

Pro

Ok, as you are all aware of, Chuck Norris jokes are popular on the Internet. Examples include "Chuck Norris can strangle you with a cordless phone" and "If you have 5 dollars and Chuck Norris has 5 dollars, Chuck Norris has more money than you."

You can't go on the internet for 2 seconds (overexaggeration) without bumping into one. They are claimed to be fact, but are impossible to preform in real life. He is just an actor. Why should he be a big joke? He has numerous website's about these so called "facts", and even nearly got a book on them. If I had something like that, I would hide my head in shame.

So yeah, they are overrated.
TheSexicanMexican

Con

To start off, I would like to thank my opponent for posting such an "interesting" debate topic.

Yes, I would like to restate my opponent's first statement, that Chuck Norris facts are popular on the internet. Yet, he states also that are overrated, I believe that they are not. I think this because they're just big jokes. The reason it had to be Chuck Norris, no one is quite sure.

To bring up my opponent's next point, of being "You can't go on the internet for 2 seconds (over exaggeration) without bumping into one. They are claimed to be fact, but are impossible to perform in real life." Firstly, we all know, that know one, how ever awesome, can [for example] count to infinity twice. The point I'm trying to get across is that everyone that has encountered these knows the "facts" are jokes.

My final point is to quote my opponent. "He is just an actor. Why should he be a big joke? He has numerous websites about these so called "facts", and even nearly got a book on them. If I had something like that, I would hide my head in shame." Yes, Chuck does have many websites but not all of them are about the random facts, some are fan sites, his website, info about him, etc. I also would like to point out the part, where you said what you would do. In reality Chuck Norris has actually embraced all these facts and things of the sort as fan material and the like.

To wind this up, Chuck Norris facts aren't overrated. They're just things about an actor with a cowboy hat made up by people with good imaginations and to much free time.

This ends my round 1 argument. Your move…
imnotdead

Pro

Thank you for replying, TheSexicanMexican, and good luck.

"Yes, Chuck does have many websites but not all of them are about the random facts, some are fan sites, his website, info about him, etc. I also would like to point out the part, where you said what you would do."

While it is true that if you search Chuck Norris on Google, you will find Wikipedia info and fan-site's, more time's than not, you won't see them past the first page. Hey, this was the link given to me when I type Chuck Norris and click "I'm Feelin' Lucky": http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com...

"The point I'm trying to get across is that everyone that has encountered these knows the "facts" are jokes."

Well, as over 14's, we know they are joke's, but to a 4-year-old, they could be real. 4-year-old's don't normally know what is the truth and what is a lie until they are told it's either fact or fiction. So, if somebody told them [example] "Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer" without saying "Not really", kids would try to imitate him.

P.S. I think he's being made fun of because he was in Walker, Texas Ranger.
TheSexicanMexican

Con

Well I thank you for the luck, Imnotdead.

True, that you will not find many of the other Chuck sites on the first page of google search, but I was just pointing out that "fact" sites weren't his only sites. I didn't specifically say that he had sites on the first page.

Next, you say that 4-year olds would be looking up Chuck Norris jokes, or someone is trying to tell them that they are real. Well sir, I for one and I'm sure that no one else, would be going around telling 4 year olds that "Apple pays Chuck Norris 99 cents every time he listens to a song" or some garble of that sort. Also, I don't think kids would imitate this unless it was something particularly practical.

"P.S. I think he's being made fun of because he was in Walker, Texas Ranger."

That also is just some trivial assumption, actually that help launch his acting career. "Chuck" your facts before you guess. This winds up my round 2. You move…
imnotdead

Pro

Yay, my move!

"I was just pointing out that "fact" sites weren't his only sites."

I never said the fact site's were the only Chuck Norris related site's. I only said there were a lot more of them.

"I for one and I'm sure that no one else, would be going around telling 4 year olds that "Apple pays Chuck Norris 99 cents every time he listens to a song" or some garble of that sort."

What I meant was if they stumbled across one on the Internet. With the amount there are, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she did.

"Also, I don't think kids would imitate this unless it was something particularly practical."

Ok, here's a quick reminder why that statement's wrong. One of my cousin's is 4 years old, and he is actually quite smart. But one day, I let a Chuck Norris joke slip (the joke in question was "Chuck Norris doesn't read. He stares at the book until he has all the information he needs"), so my cousin decided he could as well. He stared at a dictionary, and said he knew all the words in order. I said "Recite them, then" (because I like giving people challenge's), and he started on the letter H. And if he is a very smart 4 year old, what would an average 4 year old think?

Ok, that ends my argument. Vote Pro, but give some point's to Con because I like sharing, and thank's to whoever's reading this for taking some time to read the argument.
TheSexicanMexican

Con

I would like to thank Imnotdead for such an interesting debate.

"I never said the fact site's were the only Chuck Norris related site's. I only said there were a lot more of them."

I understand, what you mean. They are very populous in contrast to his other sites.

"What I meant was if they stumbled across one on the Internet. With the amount there are, I wouldn't be surprised if he/she did."

"Ok, here's a quick reminder why that statement's wrong. One of my cousin's is 4 years old, and he is actually quite smart. But one day, I let a Chuck Norris joke slip (the joke in question was "Chuck Norris doesn't read. He stares at the book until he has all the information he needs"), so my cousin decided he could as well. He stared at a dictionary, and said he knew all the words in order. I said "Recite them, then" (because I like giving people challenge's), and he started on the letter H. And if he is a very smart 4 year old, what would an average 4 year old think?"

That is very true, but my little cousin is 4 and the most he can do on the computer is MS Paint. I don't think most children, unless raised in like a technology-pro house, would really learn how to use a computer, unless receiving a lot of prior instruction. It may be very true that your cousin is smart, and yes the average 4 year old may think otherwise, but some parents may not own computers, or restrict the limit of it to their children under on supervised sessions.

I also think that specifically using one example of this

"But one day, I let a Chuck Norris joke slip (the joke in question was "Chuck Norris doesn't read. He stares at the book until he has all the information he needs"), so my cousin decided he could as well. He stared at a dictionary, and said he knew all the words in order. I said "Recite them, then" (because I like giving people challenge's), and he started on the letter H."

(Continued from above) is absolutely true, but cannot be held true for EVERY single child in the world who has seen these "facts."

All in all, what I'm trying to say that it all depends on who you are and what you do and how you act. I think that this debate has no clear winner, but that's up to the voters. Remember to Vote Con!

I'd also like to thank Imnotdead again for posting such an interesting debate, and presenting me with a challenge. I hope to debate with you again sir, for you are a very skilled debater.
Posted by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
Lol dude ur a lil later this debate has been over for a while but if u voted for meh thank u
Posted by dragonfire1414 8 years ago
dragonfire1414
When taking the SAT, write "Chuck Norris" for every answer. You will score over 8000.

Chuck Norris played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

Chuck Norris is expected to win gold in every swimming competition at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, even though Chuck Norris does not swim. This is because when Chuck Norris enters the water, the water gets out of his way and Chuck Norris simply walks across the pool floor.

Chuck Norris is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
Posted by NukeTheJuice 8 years ago
NukeTheJuice
Chuck norris = god
Posted by Zodiac-Killa 8 years ago
Zodiac-Killa
ya lol.

funny.
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried
Posted by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
well I have taken up this debate, one to stand up for chuck even though he can sneeze with his eyes open and counted to infinity twice. And also to set Pro in his place. Vote Con!
Posted by Epicism 8 years ago
Epicism
Chuck Norris kills two stones with one bird :P
Posted by crackofdawn_Jr 8 years ago
crackofdawn_Jr
Um, there jokes. Everyone knows they're not facts.
Posted by rougeagent21 8 years ago
rougeagent21
lol

chuck norris doesn't do push ups, he does ground downs
Posted by Zodiac-Killa 8 years ago
Zodiac-Killa
True that. This is hard to do. I almost accepted. Even tho i like chuck Norris jokes. But they are overated. If it was called " What is the point in chuck norris jokes." or something simular.
Posted by imnotdead 8 years ago
imnotdead
@ theLwerd: No, he wouldn't. According to him, he is strictly non-violent.
Vote Placed by dragonfire1414 8 years ago
dragonfire1414
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by the_Beast 8 years ago
the_Beast
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by NukeTheJuice 8 years ago
NukeTheJuice
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by PrvnMthws 8 years ago
PrvnMthws
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by sabrafink 8 years ago
sabrafink
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by NOK_Domination 8 years ago
NOK_Domination
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by KRFournier 8 years ago
KRFournier
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied
Vote Placed by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
imnotdeadTheSexicanMexicanTied