creedhunt
AthenaMusic10

Circles can be squares

creedhunt

creedhunt

Pro

Hello everybody.

The first round is acceptance, the second being contentions, the third being rebuttals, and the final round for finishing arguments and conclusions.

You must accept the following definitions:

Circle: A group of individuals who share a profession or interest.

Square: a product of a number multiplied by oneself.
AthenaMusic10

Con

i accept.
creedhunt

Pro

Thank you, con, for accepting my debate.

We can refer to a circle by its size. If an interest is particularly small, this number could easily equate to a perfect square.
For example, let's say you were in a small group of friends. You might have three very good friends, thereby making your group one of four, which is a square.

Proceed, con.
AthenaMusic10

Con

um actually, I just wanted to see what this was about and where it would lead up to...this is totally a troll debate. The definition of a troll is as follows: "Internet slang, a troll (/G2;troA0;l/, /G2;tr;4;l/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." ( http://en.wikipedia.org...(Internet) ) I feel that this debate will not go anywhere because it is obvious that at some point, you may have a squared number of people in a group (or as it is called here, a circle).
creedhunt

Pro

Hello con, thank you for responding.

My opponent has pointed out the definition of troll, but has failed to give any reasoning behind her assertion that I am one. The burden of proof is on you.

Furthermore, I would like to contest this idea by saying that in this case, con is the troll rather than I. Not once did I mention the topic of trolling until now, it is con who has brought it up. I do not see the relevance of trolling in this debate.

Lastly, con has outright stated that my resolution is obvious.

I am looking forward to your response.
AthenaMusic10

Con

AthenaMusic10 forfeited this round.
creedhunt

Pro

My opponent refuses to debate on topic.

I remain unchallenged in my contentions that circles can be squares and I have disproved the argument that I am a troll.

To conclude, if the number of people in a group has a square root, the circle is square. I have made my topic clear and I have not led the conversation astray.

It is because of this, I strongly encourage you to vote pro.
AthenaMusic10

Con

Please vote for me if you think this argument was an ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND WAS USELESS.
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
Well that's awfully rude of you.
Anyways, despite the obvious fact that my debate was not here for the mere purpose of entertaining you, my debate should be voted on because it provokes thought concerning the generally accepted problems with a debate like this.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
Pro deserves to loose for wasting my time. No vote anyway, should remain a 0/0 tie
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
My opponent continues to troll
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
My opponent continues to troll
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
I would have applauded, well done
Posted by Mhykiel 2 years ago
Mhykiel
Just to thro it out there. If I take a cone and viewing from the x axis make a horizontal straight cut, I just made a line. I turn the cone 90 degrees to the view from y axis and make another straight line cut. I repeat performing cuts for the -x axis and -y axis. From the x and y axis my cuts would be straight lines at 90 degrees to each other. From the z axis looking down the top of the cone would be a circle. 2 different ways to describe the same edge therefore my circle would be a square cut. thank you.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
On an unrelated note, Con, I saw your picture and I'd just like to say that SAO is a pretty decent anime.
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
Meh
Posted by PeacefulChaos 2 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Heh, Pro, when you said, "Thank you, con, for accepting my debate," I think you actually meant, "Thank you, con, for conceding to my debate."

Interesting definition twisters.
Posted by creedhunt 2 years ago
creedhunt
I very nearly did something like that, but this fits better with the "false" definitions
Vote Placed by Mhykiel 2 years ago
Mhykiel
creedhuntAthenaMusic10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It wasn't really a debate. I think Pro was serious and an attempt could have been made by Con. Plus as far as it being trolling with the definitions was being expressed int he comments and creedhunt could of had the chance to change the parameters if none accepted his debate.
Vote Placed by Jevinigh 2 years ago
Jevinigh
creedhuntAthenaMusic10Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con out right accused Pro falsely and than forfeited. Pro din't really make a very compelling debate. Not sufficient for me to award the points. Conduct goes to pro.