rsz42
saltzr

Citizens of the U.S. are promised equal opportunity, not equal outcome.

saltzr has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

rsz42

Pro

To clarify the topic, I will say that this debate is over whether or not the United States guarantees equal opportunity. The Pro case of this debate (myself) will argue that it is up to the discretion of citizens to give themselves the outcome they desire.

Therefore, the Con case of this debate will state that citizens in the United States are not all citizens in the United States are guaranteed the equal opportunities.

I am using this first round myself to clarify statements through the topic to make rounds 2, 3, and 4 run smoother.

I only have two rules for the debate, and both of them should be pretty easy to follow:
1) Use round one to accept the argument, and from there the debate will take place. I have not started my argument yet, so I would expect that my opponent doesn't either.
2) Stay within the boundaries of the topic. By this, I mean that bringing up people/groups who are not citizens of the United States makes makes an argument irrelevant.

Although I have argued in other debates previous to this one, this is the first debate I've created myself. It would be greatly appreciated if viewers of this debate could leave comments with their opinion on whether or not this was a good topic selection, just for general feedback I may use for the future.

With those points stated, I now request acceptance from an opponent.