Adam2
CaliBear

Claim: the South is to blame for glorifying the KKK

Adam2

Adam2

Con

The creator of "Birth of a Nation," which made the Klan a national phenomena, was a Northerner. DW Griffith was a Northerner. Even if you consider Kentucky a Southern state, northern Kentucky is considered Yankee. Plus, he almost was not born in Kentucky. He was born right next the state border of Indiana, in Crestwood, which can be considered Yankee territory. Anyways, this shows that to blame the South for this is wrong. Mind you the South did f--ked up things too, but it was a Northerner that made the Klan a national phenomena.
CaliBear

Pro

My opponent makes a claim that the south is blamed for glorifying the KKK, but that this isn't in the case. He then used just ONE example from a guy, ironically in a southern state.

The fact is no matter if this one guy lived 1 inch from the border, if he lived in Kentucky he is from the South. However this is besides the point.
The KKK was started from 4 ex confederates from the South. http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com...
4 guys created the KKK and today we still have people from the Klan. Obviously the south glorified the KKK
Adam2

Con

Don't forget, northern Kentucky is still Northern. The KKK that came out in 1915 is different from the original Klan, which wasn't even a Klan, just a buncha guys going around terrorizing black people for fun, quite evil if I might add. Anyways, the KKK that came about in 1915 was indeed a Northern invention.
Here's the thing, separatist and subjugation is not the same thing. Racial seperatists are not bad people. If white people want to survive I have nothing against that, just like any race that wants to survive and marry with their own kind. It's their preference. Just like if they want an interracial marriage. Also their preference. But the North was not about "Oh they prefered their own kind, or it was self-segregation." They were about subjugation of another group. So the North was just like the South. There was no personal prejudice. It was institutionalized and de jure in the North. Griffith was a Northerner. Northern Kentucky is still Yankee.
CaliBear

Pro

In the second round my opponent says,
"Anyways, the KKK that came about in 1915 was indeed a Northern invention...'

Unfortunately for him, the "second KKK" that was created in 1915 was actually a second invention created from William J. Simmons in the southern ex - confederate state of Georgia: http://www.infoplease.com...

Again, his second premise does not hold wait. Then he gets into if whites want to not racial mix blah blah blah. This is subjective, personally I don't care what a person wants to do. If a black only wants to date blacks, Hispanics with Hispanics etc. that is fine by me, but that is not his thesis. Getting back to the facts, if the claim is the South shouldn't get blamed for glorifying the KKK then he is incorrect. Sure there was Northern KKK members, but the mass majority of people participating and glorifying were from the south.
Adam2

Con

Key word. "Subjugation" is not the same as "separatist." I'm trying to say that both the North and South were in on it. Both created their own ways of subjugation. It's not that the North was self-segregation or separatist or preference or any sweet innocent term you could throw at them. The North, like the South, also tried to subjugate blacks, and yes Griffith was a Northern. The Klan was glorified in both parts of the country, and soon in the entire country.
Oh, key word, ex-Confederate state of Georgia. Georgia was US territory again.
CaliBear

Pro

If media is glorification, and glorification plays a big role in electing congress that the South had glorified it a lot!
Here is a list of southern KKK congressmen

Orval Fabus
Benjamin Travis Laney
John Stennis
James Eastland
Allen Ellender
Russell Long
John Sparkman
John McClellan
Richard Russell
Herman Talmadge
George Wallace
Lester Maddox
John Rarick
Robert Byrd
Al Gore, Sr.
Bull Connor

Only a few congressmen were KKK members up in the North. Yes there was the KKK in the north but the South glorified it by far. You only have two options did the North glorified the KKK or did the South? You say the south but as stated before this statement is ridiculous.
Adam2

Con

It doesn't have to be the KKK. And btw, the biggest Klan membership in KKK history was not in the South, but in Indiana. Look up DC Stephenson. Probably the most well known Klan invasion of the USA was in Indiana. Malcolm X's father was killed not in the South, but in Michigan. A famous murder. The Black Legion were a violent arm of the Klan that killed Malcolm X's father. But it doesn't have to be the KKK. Northerners had their own way to oppress black people. The only state that might be innocent of atrocities is New York, but the rest of the North is guilty of this as well.
CaliBear

Pro

CaliBear forfeited this round.
Adam2

Con

http://en.wikipedia.org...(political_movement) (Northern invention)

http://en.wikipedia.org... (Northerner; led the largest Klan invasion of Indiana in politics)

Also Missouri, a Northern state, had slavery. And you can't blame the Irish or Catholics for it, because Missouri, even if we are to use the standard argument that the South is Scots-Irish, it would technically make the English Protestants responsible for slavery in Missouri.
CaliBear

Pro

CaliBear forfeited this round.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
I don't know if I can not mind him, Imabench. This moron's getting on my freaking nerves. Heck, he's a racist, assuming twerp who even called me lame just for liking a tv show.
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Don't mind Adam PP, he's just some retard who thinks he's tough sh**
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
Or it could be that you're of English ancestry, so that explains it. English Empire apologist.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
You like "Friends" so that automatically makes you a lame person too.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
If you're not gonna help me with an issue, you might as well not say a freaking thing at all.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
I called you a jerk because your answer was not helpful, simpleton.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
He seems like one, Imabench. He randomly called me a jerk for no reason in the comments section of one of my debates...
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Looks like pro already has this in the bag, com is either a retard or a massive idiot judging from his arguments....
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
Pardon me I meant, even if you consider Kentucky Southern.
Vote Placed by jvava 3 years ago
jvava
Adam2CaliBearTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited. At least Con stuck around - he gets Conduct and Convincing arguments.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Adam2CaliBearTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con at least stuck around...