backwardseden
I_wonder_whoo

Claptrap in the bible that no god would ever put into play thus proving that god is a useless fraud

I_wonder_whoo has forfeited round #2.

backwardseden

Pro

Introduction to utterly prove god’s claptrap:
No god nor any supreme deity would ever communicate in text form the worst form of communication possible so that man could get it wrong. And for there to be no updates in at least 2,000 years, how is anyone expected to get it right? Then with the over 38,000 denominations of christianity, how is anyone supposed to get it right? Then with the countless translations of languages of the bible how is anyone supposed to get it right? Then with the countless translations of the bible that has been passed down from generation to generation, how is anyone supposed to get it right? Then how do you trace the bible’s correct contents back to the one exact bible so that the exact translation is supposed to be correct so that all on this planet get it right? In other words there are millions of translations out there in which nobody gets right. Not one person. Not you, not me, not the pope, not any minister, not any priest, not any pastor, nobody.

Faith is claptrap drivel:
Why would god with his blubbering heart attack superior monstrosity ego complex ever ever ever ever ever knowingly want to use faith as a way of communication and or to get to know him better? Doesn’t that sound awfully silly? And then this faith, well this god only used it upon an extremely limited amount of people and then he expected those extremely amount of people to spread his word. Again, silly. That’s because memory from someone is always unreliable and cannot be trusted nor counted upon. Not ever for reliance,dependence and confidence.
Try this famous experiment… get a group of 8 or 9 at a circular table. Whisper into the first person’s ear something like 5 sentences of “See Spot run. See Spot in the middle of the road. Splat see no more Spot. Wow is the sun shiny and bright today. I think its going to snow all week.” And then that person whispers those sentences into the next person and so on. Of course you can make up your own. By the time it gets back to you, those sentences are so screwed up that all they are, are complete gibberish. So there’s no way the apostles got it right at the time of jesus (in which there’s no proof for him ever existing btw. Now I’m not saying he didn’t. I’m saying there’s no proof. And there isn’t) so you do not have it right.
And ah yes, those lovely translations in which are so much fun and are true abominations that change god’s verses and what he has said. What gives anyone the right to do that? But ah yes, the bible has been changed oh how many times over the generations to suit man’s wants needs and desires. And I betcha any amount of wealth and or money and or dreams that you can think of that within 20 years or less, the christian bible will be changed to at the very least to allow it to be have a few verses on being gay friendly.

“We have to rely on copies of copies of anonymous authors with no originals and the textural testimony to a miracle for example, there’s no amount of reports, anecdotal reports that is sufficient to justify in believing that actually happened as reported. And anything that would qualify as a god would clearly understand this and if it wanted to clearly convey this to people in a way that is believable would not be relying on ---TEXT--- to do so. And this to me is the nail in the coffin for christianity. The god that christians believe in is amazingly ---STUPID---!!! If it actually wants to achieve its goal by spreading its word to humanity by relying on text, by relying on languages that die off, by relying on anecdotal testimony, that’s not a pathway to truth. And anything that would qualify for a god would know this.which shows either god does not exist or doesn’t care enough about the people to understand the nature of evidence to actually present it. Now which of those two possibilities is accurate?” Matt Dillahunty

Faith the #1 thing preached in the yodeling bible
Why? Faith should be the last thing preached in the bible and not god's blubbering selfish ego. What should be the #1 thing preached in the bible is love, kindness, care for each other, something along those lines. Its not. Its faith. Now how do you kill god? Simple. Stop---feedong---him---faith. And since when does he deserve your faith? He after all most certainly hasn't earned it.
What if you are from a far off land and have not heard of this god? How do you find faith to believe in this god? What if you are a child and have not found faith? How do you find god? god accortding to the bible must you must first show yourself to him before he shows himself to you. After all, how do you know what to pray from if you do not know how to pray? Yes, prayer and god is something that is taught. god doesn't, not ever, teach himself to you unless you are a prophet in which god knowingly lies to you according to the bible Ezekiel 20:25-26. Everybody after all is born an atheist.

“Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn’t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can’t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your’re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?” Matt Dillahunty

In taking the pro side to this, simply put, god is a claptrap nonsensical diaper dandy fool and the bible proves it. Your job in taking the con would be to prove otherwise according to the bible. Outside sources that stray from the bible/ biblical verses and context will not be accepted.

“Faith is the reason people give when they don’t have evidence.” Matt Dillahunty.

So it will be your assignment to come up with that evidence to prove god. Obviously faith is not an answer and will not work here.

So let’s get right to it! Here’s some verses from the bible that no god/ supreme deity would ever put into effect and or play, thus proving god to be ungodly, unholy, false and untrue and simply proves that god according to the bible is man made.

Matthew 19:12 "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." Um yeah um OK um duh um hmmm um doy, well that"s physically impossible and could -never- happen. Duh. Regardless, its a pretty sick verse. But what can one expect emanating from the sickest book ever written? Utter foolishness in the bible or god is man made.

Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”Um no you fricken moron I’m going to LOVE my family and LOVE my friends before the weakling and the absolute sickened coughed upped disease that you clearly are from the big bang and beyond. Yeah and you think there's NOT hate in the bible? Of course there is. Utter foolishness in the bible or god is man made.

2 Samuel 23:8 “These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spearagainst eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.” How was this done exactly? he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time? So the bible invents excuses as usual or blatantly lies. Its not a surprise because that’s what it is good for.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 “And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:” What is the “lord” going to use? Mouthwash?

Leviticus 18:23 “Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.” Yeah I get it for women… this has also happened in your life. Like how many women back then would have ever had these thoughts? Were they really that bored with their husbands and or life that they would have? Clearly this verse once again is man made. No supreme deity would have ever thunk this one up.

Ezekiel 20:25-26 “Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live; 26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.” So god decieves us all by giving us statutes that were not good and judgements whereby they should not live. Wow. So how is anyone supposed to know how to follow you oh dear grey bearded one god who is not one? So so so foolish. Indeed clearly man made. Its either that or this is a misprint or god is magnificently stupid and foolish.

Judges 1:19 "And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants ofthe mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron." Wow. god must be that weak. Since this mighty god has no power against the weak chariots of iron, one has to wonder if he has the power to defeat a gamma ray burst should one come this way? Clearly a misprint in the bible and obvious foolishness, or god is man made.

Summary:
The bible is littered with rules and regulations that no god/ supreme deity would -ever- put into play and much less expect people to believe, much less live by them. Yet the bible is supposed to be perfect in every way. So is god. Clearly both are not. Since this is true, god, the bible and christianity should not in any way be worshiped, idolized, bowed down to nor yielded to.
I_wonder_whoo

Con

God is a Thing of love. Thats my first sentence. im only here because my brother clicked some stuff so yeah. im gonna have to be a really good argumentative peson right now.
When was the first time you fell in love? I want to hopefully argue you fell in love with your mom first. or at least one of your parents. God is not a useless fraud God is a real Spirit. I dont know what im doing right now. Bye
backwardseden

Pro

Really? According to what is "god a thing of love"? Have you even read your bible? Apparently not. Absolutely god is a useless fraud. Here's some verses to prove it and how he treats children. And remember... CHILDREN. And I haven't even gotten started. Because then there's slavery, god loves raped women, hates women, hates gays, loves to commit horrific genocides etc etc etc. And its all right there in the horrific bible.
"god is a real spirit?" Prove its god. See you cannot even do that because no one else throughout history has ---ever--- been able to. Not one person. You are right. You do not know what you are doing right now. You have made my job so much easier. Thank you.

Lamentations 4: 9-11 "They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field. 10 The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people. 11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof."

Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

Judges 21:10 “And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.”

2 Samuel 12:11-14 11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. (evil bible)[The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!

Deuteronomy 2:34 “34And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:”

Numbers 31:17-18 “17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”
---- a different translation ----
Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Leviticus 26:21-22 “And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” Rob you of your choildren?

Ezekiel 9:5-7 “And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.”

1 Samuel 15:3 “3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling , ox and sheep, camel and a$$.”

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”

Hosea 9:11-16 “As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. 12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! 13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. 14 Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. 15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. 16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”

Exodus 12:29-30 "And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died."

Exodus 21:14 -17 "But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die. 15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. 16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death. 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Isaiah 13:15-18 "Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children."

Matthew 2:16 “Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.”

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”
Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
Matthew 10:21 “And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”

Judges 11:30-40 “Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.”

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

2 Kings 6:28-29 “And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. 29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Exodus 12:29 “And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.” repeat Oh I get it, so you as christians think its cool and rather polite for your grandson to be murdered for something that YOU did. Well if that’s the law of the land, then there would be nobody left alive. After all, anybody could make up anything they wanted to about anybody no matter how stupid that didn’t even apply to them. And who’s to say if it would be correct? There wouldn’t be any witnesses to protect the innocent after all.
God killed, intentionally, every first-born child of every family in Egypt, simply because he was upset at the Pharaoh. And god caused the Pharaoh’s actions in the first place. Since when is it appropriate to murder children for their ruler’s forced action?

Again, those are verses that are about the horrific treatment of children ordered by your god.
Posted by rextr05 2 months ago
rextr05
backwards cont ...

& surely, Lawrence Krause, or anyone that titles articles, "All Scientists Should Be Militant Atheists," are considered unbiased & therefore qualified to be considered a universally accepted authority re the bible. You're kidding re trying to use him to bolster your argument. then again, maybe you haven't been experienced to higher education English rules re authoritative sources. Krause does not qualify in this regards, sorry.

The other you tube is a prime example of a Christian that was not prepared to answer questions & rebuttals as posed. This proves what, according to you?
Posted by rextr05 2 months ago
rextr05
backwards cont ....

Once again, you accuse w/o any qualified reasoning to substantiate this accusation. All you do is go on to give more baseless accusations ...... baseless, meaning, you give no qualifying reliable reasons for what you say. & all this with "only 1 post" from me. If you have some credentials re qualifications to make all these accusations, please, by all means, show me wat they are, & how you are able to apply them in all these instances.

As far as your statement of, "... you don't read your bible. It shows," do you say this bc I do not agree with your opinion of the bible, or bc you have scholarly qualifications that backs up your opinion of me? Then again, maybe it's you that lacks the understanding of the bible's message that contains many instances of hidden meanings in the literal wording that needs further study to grasp the why's & how's of what it said. One that makes unqualified judgements of what a book entails, shows a lack of study & understanding. If you actually do possess this understanding & consider yourself a biblical scholar, then please show your credentials, or at least how you have come to your understanding of the bible.

I appreciate your interest with re to my "critical thinking skills," but with my career & higher education, I have had extensive experience with this. I have taught it as well.

Your, "... comin(g) down and talking to people rather ..." shows your lack of biblical knowledge. The bible specifically references just that particular point many times in the bible. Hebrews chapter 11, plus many other references are available to explain the answer to your question. & you accuse me of, "... you don't read your bible. It shows," I think the saying of those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones applies to you here ...... in spades.

cont ...
Posted by rextr05 2 months ago
rextr05
backwards, I'm an "idiot" bc why?
You'll have to define 'faith' & how that applies to your definitive. "... never a pathway to truth of any kind ..." It's so easy to make baseless accusations w/o reliable sourcing isn't it? Your accusation has to apply in ALL 'faith' applications remember, not just the one you pick to agree with your narrative of faith.'.
Your, "Faith isn't a pathway to truth." In all instances? How about the faith one has to trust someone w/o absolute 100% proof, since there is no absolute proof re trust .... or love .... or many other things we put our faith in every day of our lives?
You say, "Faith isn"t a pathway to truth." Once again, it's certainly easy to say something definitively, but it's certainly a whole diff story when asked to reliably prove it that applies in all instances isn't it? You are welcome to try tho.
You ask a lot of questions & make accusations w/o backing them up with reliable sources, but say nothing to bolster your argument. Very typical of someone that lacks debating skills, & knowledge of both sides of this argument.
Your, "Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." Really .... so one doesn't have any evidence of any sort as they are about to make a decision to have faith to believe they can trust, love, or depend on someone or something?
Knowing that faith is, "great trust or confidence in something or someone" according to the Cambridge dictionary & many others, please tell me how one can have faith w/o some sort of evidence, "one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true", to believe they can have faith in something/someone b4 they trust that feeling of belief w/o absolute 100% proof of fact of this/that particular person/ thing in question.
I ask you how you have deduced that, "There's absolutely no one on this planet that can tell you anything because you are so ridiculously brainwashed ...?"
cont ...
Posted by Lilieze 6 months ago
Lilieze
Noob sniper. kek.
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@wmickas sure, np. But I give you fair warning: If you show no intelligence and you invent excuses for something in which you clearly know nothing about as so so so many do here, I will pulverize you. However, if you show intelligence and an education, in which is extremely rare, then sure we can have a debate and believe me I'd like nothing better.
Posted by wmickas 6 months ago
wmickas
backwardseden I would like to debate you lets agree on a topic
Posted by backwardseden 6 months ago
backwardseden
@rextr05 Here's you... You are essentially an idiot who relies on absolute gullibility since you require proof of nothing and only requires faith. And faith is never a pathway to truth of any kind because you don't know which faith is essentially correct and can prove to be the correct one.
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?" Matt Dillahunty and he's correct. "Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." You just gave it like a clownfish.
Here's you also... There's absolutely no one on this planet that can tell you anything because you are so ridiculously brainwashed within your own thoughts, and it shows within only one post, that no one can tell you anything. Even if someone were to agree with exactly, and I do mean exactly what you were to say, you would still manage to find fault with that person. Biased indeed. Its you that is biased because of your closed minded evil hateful religion who' god hates children, women, gays, over 2/3's the planet for jeez sakes. Oh but you don't know that because you don't read your bible. It shows.

I suggest you watch these for your own good if you want to upgrade your education.
https://www.youtube.com... Lawrence Krauss How to develop your critical thinking skills - don't trust anything
https://www.youtube.com... 6:30 book of bible

Hmmm and you know something What's wrong with your god comin down and talking to people rather than using faith? Pathetic.
Your ideals are completely unfounded.
Posted by rextr05 6 months ago
rextr05
eden, Gotta wonder why you even try to debate with all your unfounded biased opinion, rather than reliable scholarly facts to support your position with your opening statement. I noticed from another completed debate, that you continue with this same manner of argument, which is no argument. Gotta ask you is you've ever taken ant advanced English course that involved any semblance of proper argument/debate form? Surely doesn't seem like it. Therefore why try to debate someone that only relies on biased, unreliable & opinionated arguments that surely would get past the 1st round in any real debate forum.

God/Jesus made it very plain to all that there will never be 100% absolute proof He exists to future people. He stated it takes faith, not proof. So, try to browbeat as you may, your ranting goes for naught.