Chucknorris5799
piefav

Classic Rock is better than Pop

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 1/28/2015 Category: Music

Chucknorris5799

Pro

I am defining Classic rock as any album oriented songs or albums from 1960-1990
I prefer classic rock over pop not only because I like the music but because I don't support the modern music requiring a computer or an overly computerized beat. I also hate that every single pop song has rap in it. None of the songs are very original and seem to be a cash grab by big music company's. And everything is about one of three things. Too much blatant drug or sexual references. Yeah classic rock songs have references like that but they're on the most part subtle. Plus I Hage the repetitive songs of today
piefav

Con

I'll accept your debate, and seeing as there are only 2 rounds, I'll go ahead and counter.
Not every pop song has a rap in it. In fact, most, if not, all of the pop songs I commonly listen to have rap in them at all. While yes, many pop songs are a bit repetitive and unoriginal, many classic rock songs are, too. They don't always include over computerized beats. In fact, the most computerization I hear in pop songs I listen to are from keyboards (piano keyboards), and there are MANY classic rock songs with keyboards being played in them. Just listen to 99 Luftballons by Nena and you'll see.
Chucknorris5799

Pro

The majority of classic rock songs are safe for minors to listen to without much censorship. I was flipping through radio stations today and I heard a pop song in which half the words were beeped out. Not only is it wrong it also ruined whatever quality the song had in the first place
piefav

Con

Many classic rock songs have curse words in them, too. Plus, what Classic Rock doesn't have in cursing, they make up for in suicidal, satanist, and other imagery (or should I put it, audiotry) that wouldn't be good in a minor's playlist. To end this last argument, Jimi Hendrix is one of the most influential figures in rock. He's also one of the most influential figures in drug culture.
Posted by Skeletonman1999 2 years ago
Skeletonman1999
Any rock is better than pop