woolyman
Locke1

Climate Change. Developed Countries Vs Developing Countries

woolyman

Pro

This house believes that developed countries have a higher obligation to combat climate change than developing countries.
Greetings,
To me this debate will come down to 2 points. The first point being that Developed Countries are in a far better position to combat climate change and the second being that developed countries are more socially responsible for climate change than developing countries.
I will allow you to outline your two points before we start this debate properly.
Locke1

Con

I accept Pro's challenge. I will defeat you woolyman!
My main argument will be that climate change is not a man made phenomenon and therefore neither developed nor developing countries have any obligation to combat what is merely a part of nature.
Didn't expect that, did you?
woolyman

Pro

woolyman forfeited this round.
Locke1

Con

I see that Pro has forfieted round 2. Obviously he sees that he is unable to argue against such a valid point.

My first point is the irrefutable fact that climate change has occured before in history with no relation to humans and is sure to occure again. This is a point that all scientists agree with. There has been several periods of "global warming" in our earth's history, namely the entire Jurassic period and the period in human history known as the middle ages, where the climate has been shown to have gone through similar motions as it is doing now. There was no human effect to cause this, it is merely a part of the natural rhythm of our planet. What is happening now is a stage in the rhythm of our planet that has been blown out of proportion by fear-mongering scientists and hippies.

I hope that Pro does not forfiet the next round as well.
woolyman

Pro

woolyman forfeited this round.
Locke1

Con

Locke1 forfeited this round.