batman01
irishdebater1999

Clinton would have been a better president than Donald Trump

irishdebater1999 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

batman01

Pro

We are debating who would have been the better president based on what we know about them from debates and speeches. I will be pro-Clinton. First round acceptance only please.
irishdebater1999

Con

I disagree massively to that statement. Hillary Clinton is no better than trump. You might be worrying about trump at control of any wars that might happen but may I add Clinton has no better control on war. If I have my information correct, and please correct me if I am wrong, clinton has played a role in the Syrian war being as bad as it is.

I would have voted trump over Clinton even though I do openly despise both of them and if there was another presidential elective I would have voted for them but as Trump is a lesser of two evils, in my opinion, if I had to vote I would have voted for him.

In a their 'debates' they merely were fighting more than trying to achieve a political viewpoint. This had greatly influenced my view on this matter. I disagree with Trump's idea to build a wall around the Mexican border but if he can't get planning permission to build a wall around a golf course over here in Ireland I don't see how he can manage to build a wall around the border, that is just irrational. If he's going to do anything at least either get the wall built here or get rid of the idea and prevent all the headache with the protesters.
batman01

Pro

Thank you for accepting and good luck to my opponent, I'm looking forward to a toughly contested debate.

Firstly, I'd like to say that this argument will be about who would be a better president and since being accused of a crime of which you have been found innocent does not disqualify you from being a better president we are not going to debate whether or not Hillary should be in jail.
______________________
I am going to put my arguments into two categories, pro-Clinton and anti-Trump. Lets start with the pro-Clinton arguments since I predict these will be far shorter and less compelling:

PRO-CLINTON:

1. Hillary Clinton, regardless of your opinion of her, is the most qualified person for the job of President of anyone running. She has served as the First Lady of a state or of the United States for a combined sixteen years. She has served as a senator for eight years and served as Secretary of State for four. That adds up to roughly thirty-five years of experience in politics compared to Donald Trump's experience of zero years in any political office.

2. Hillary Clinton has a commanding knowledge of the issues especially in comparison with Donald Trump and third-party candidate Gary Johnson. I don't think many will disagree with me on this point. I am confident that if I had a map of the world, Hillary could locate and talk intelligently about the political situations in each of these countries. I am not particularly confident that Trump could do the same, in fact I'm quite dubious that he could talk intelligently about say Welfare programs in Norway (Trump did not know how many articles were in the American Constitution http://www.slate.com...).

3. She is a woman. Perhaps this is a foolish argument to make, but we have thus far elected forty-three men in a row leaving the female population extremely underrepresented. I don't think the fact that she is a woman gives her an enormous boost but I certainly think it would be a plus to finally have a woman take hold of the highest office the USA has to offer. It is after all, about time.

_____________________________________

ANTI-TRUMP:

1. He is a jerk, he lacks the temperament to be president. I don't think I have to argue this with anyone, here is an incomplete list of the downright mean things he has said:

-Suggested a reporter who accused him of sexual assault wasn't attractive enough to sexually assault.
-Made fun of a disabled reporter by mocking his disability.
-Said about women "You have to treat 'em like _____." (can't use profanities but you will likely be able to guess the word).
-Proposed a database which would track all Muslims within the US borders.
-Called Mexican immigrants rapists.
-Has repeatedly claimed that Obama might be a Muslim.
-Has said "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I still wouldn't lose any voters."
-Has bragged about sexually assaulting women.

If you follow this link you will find a much more complete list of foolish things he has said as well as references for each of the quotes and statements I have already given: http://www.slate.com...

Trump has shown through these statements that he has very little respect for people who are different from him (women, disabled people, Muslims, Mexican immigrants, etc.). A man who has shown blatant disrespect for those with different skin color or gender does not deserve to lead one of the most diverse nations in the world.

2. He clearly has authoritarian tendencies. He has claimed he will put Hillary Clinton in jail if elected even though she has been found to have committed no crimes. He has said that he admires authoritarian leaders and basically said he admires them because they're authoritarian. He has praised Saddam Hussein (http://www.cnn.com...), Kim Jong-Un (http://abcnews.go.com...), and Vladimir Putin (http://www.cnn.com...). I don't think its any coincidence that Trump was endorsed for the presidency by both Vlad Putin and Kim Jong-Un.

A man with such clear Authoritarian tendencies should not be trusted with our democracy. This is a man who, if we look at what he has said, will likely go beyond the power he will be given as president.

3. He has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I'm not kidding either, he has no idea. His tax plan could lead us into another recession long-term, economists from both sides have criticized the plan for the fact that it really makes very little economic sense (http://www.thefiscaltimes.com...). He has said lets take the oil from Iraq (http://www.nbcnews.com...), which would:

A). Destroy the economy of the country we were trying to help
B). Probably not be possible, at the very least involve very large conflicts with fellow nations
C). If it was possible significantly hurt our relationships with most every world power
D). Do absolutely nothing to stop Isis.

This isn't just a failure to understand the situation in Iraq which he probably does, this is a fundamental failure to understand how foreign relations and politics in general work.

This is the guy who wanted to ban Muslim immigration something which is not just morally repulsive but also completely unconstitutional.

This is the man who said that George W. Bush was the reason for 9-11. This is the man who claimed to get military policy opinions from watching TV shows. This is the man who has called the pope disgraceful. This is the man who has claimed he will punish women who get abortions.

This man is delusional. He is so delusional it is sad. He lacks any coherency in his thoughts. He has no brilliance in any field and even if he did would be unable to effectively communicate this brilliance. This man is driven by hate. Now that he is elected we have a president who hates those who think, act, and feel differently than himself; we have a president who doesn't understand most of the major policy issues; we have a president who is so delusional that in his mind he thinks he will be able to solve everything just by doing things. He lacks any respect for science and objectivity. He believes climate change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese. Donald Trump lacks all of the skills to be president.
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
What happens to this debate?
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
Also it seems my opponent's account no longer exists.....does anyone know what happens to this debate then?
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
To Bretcool5566:

I think debating people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about is still valuable because at the very least you can possibly change the mind of another human being which is truly a very special and valuable thing.
Posted by Bretcool5566 3 weeks ago
Bretcool5566
batman01, you cannot debate idiots who don't have the time to do basic research. what you need to ask them is. why are you on this site??
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
Does anybody know when this debate is going to update, it's been like this for quite a while?
Posted by ILikePie5 3 weeks ago
ILikePie5
Check out my debates. I've debunked the fact that he was imitating a disabled person. The treat em comment. The rapist comment. The qualification comment. The Hussein, Putin, and Kim comment. And the sexual assault one.
Posted by batman01 3 weeks ago
batman01
To ILikePie5:

How so?
Posted by ILikePie5 3 weeks ago
ILikePie5
Pro, I've debunked those arguments countless times.
Posted by ILikePie5 3 weeks ago
ILikePie5
She's going to jail once Trump gets in the White House. The Justice Department will be great again!
Posted by Pigney 3 weeks ago
Pigney
Jail at best, executed at worst. But matters it does not, because it is all over now.