Rebecca2014
drzevia

Cloning should be legal and is morally acceptable.

Rebecca2014

Pro

First, the rules of this debate:
1. Science will be used.
2. Emotions may play a part, but you must not say the following: "I feel," "I believe," or anything in those parameters.
3. Language will be kept clean, child-friendly, and respectful.
4. No bashing the other person's beliefs by saying any sort of the following: "That's stupid to believe in," "You are an idiot," or "I am smarter than you because...", etc.
5. This debate will be friendly.
6. Other countries other than the U.S. will be mentioned, such as Germany, for the sake of this debate.
7. Use websites (will be cited) and in-text citations to improve your argument.

Now that we have the rules out of the way, on to my argument!

First and foremost, cloning can ultimately impact society in a positive way. Science has come to a point where we can now clone animals and plants for food, and humans for certain uses. Human clones can be used for transplants, limb replacement, blood transfusions, armies, and scientific testing.
drzevia

Con

I accept the challenge. I don't actually believe in morality (I believe that our morals came from the evolutionary idea that for the best of the species, those within the species should not hurt one another) so I hope it's okay that we only debate the legal status of cloning. My first point is that if one was cloned, then would he be a free man (assuming he's in US)? Or would he be owned by the scientists who created him, or maybe even the government? That would get very messy. It seems that it would be much easier to just avoid the issue altogether.
Rebecca2014

Pro

I am perfectly fine with debating the legal side as well.

If one was cloned, he/she would be granted certain rights, or new laws would have to be made especially for them. It sounds troublesome, but for the people of the world, it could be incredibly beneficial. The legality currently prevents cloning, especially in Germany. The scientists would have full control over this clone considering it is made by those scientists. It would be treated as a child made by two parents.
drzevia

Con

But as I said, it would be easier to avoid it altogether. If you look at it from a moral perspective who the heck cares, you're right. But from a legislator's perspective this provides lots of controversy and very little utility.
Rebecca2014

Pro

These clones could be used to help with scientific research on the human body. They would not have feelings or emotions, therefore we could use them on an experimental basis. They could also be used for medical procedures. For example, if you needed a blood transfusion, we could clone you and get an exact match for your blood.
drzevia

Con

drzevia forfeited this round.
Rebecca2014

Pro

Rebecca2014 forfeited this round.
drzevia

Con

drzevia forfeited this round.
Posted by Quag5611 3 years ago
Quag5611
This is an extremely interesting topic and I really dont know which side I am on. I feel like i need to learn more about human cloning to say. However as far as cloning animals for meat i really dont think that i would want to eat cloned steak.