TheLegend_13
Jonbonbon

Cloning

TheLegend_13 has forfeited round #2.

TheLegend_13

Con

Since the art of cloning has not been mastered yet their is a big chance something can go wrong. Example "Dolly the sheep" started with deaths of numerous newborns
One dolly came into being from 277 fused eggs, which itself indicates the grim success rate of the cloning process. It humans try it can come with uncontrollable results such as abnormal development, genetic damage, malformation and diseases in the clone
We want to clone humans because we think they will live longer but the clones will have a shorter life span. Also genes may show up too late in a clone, and a whole line of people may get affected.
Jonbonbon

Pro

Welcome to DDO. I'll try to be nice.

Quick Rebuttal:

My opponent's argument for why cloning technology is not yet at the levels it needs to be is an example of a sheep that was cloned in 1996. [1] That's 21 years ago. So have we advanced in our technology? Almost certainly, but honestly I wouldn't know at the moment of writing this I haven't done the research yet.

First a definition:

To clone is to "propagate (an organism or cell) as a clone." [2]

Basically it's just reproducing an organism or cell as an exact copy of another.

Why cloning is good already:

Cloning saves lives. More specifically, the cloning of embryonic cells for the purpose of harvesting stem cells saves lives. Stem cells are awesome, and everyone should have them, or you'd be dead. Stem cells are used by your body for repairing damaged tissue.

In fact, stem cell research is attempting to cure certain conditions as "diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injury." [3] All of this is made possible through cloning of individual cells.

So cloning is awesome.

[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org...(sheep)
[2] google i don't know just google it if you don't believe me they didn't even cite it but wutevs dude
[3] http://www.medicinenet.com...
Posted by Jonbonbon 8 months ago
Jonbonbon
I mean, I'll probably accept it, but why XD
Posted by Jonbonbon 8 months ago
Jonbonbon
Why are you challenging me on this?