XStrikeX
frenchmoose

Clowns are weird.

XStrikeX

XStrikeX

Pro

Hello, I am XStrikeX, representing the Proposition for the topic, "Clowns are ugly and scary." I will open up with a few definitions of 'ugly' and 'scary.'

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:
Weird: "of strange or extraordinary character"
For everyone to truly understand the concept of the clown and the image of a clown, I'll post a picture. http://janeheller.mlblogs.com...
frenchmoose

Con

-"Hello, I am XStrikeX"- yes we have met in combat before.

-My opponent claims that clowns are weird.. This would be false for it is the opposite way around.. you see clowns are the only normal people on this earth.. it is us people that wander the streets eating mc'donalds and laugh at the pain clowns inflict upon one another.. that my friend is weird even by your definition.
XStrikeX

Pro

Uh, thanks for accepting (sort of) and I believe this will be another somewhat fun debate. Hopefully. :-|

My opponent has stated that it is we who are the strange or weird people. And he has given the examples that those who eat McDonald's and laugh at the clowns are the strange ones. Let me get this straight. America is not filled with a population that eats away at McDonald's. Some people do, but they're regular people looking for a meal and becoming addicted to salty foods.
Also, since you are arguing that clowns are "normal," here is a definition. Normal: conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm. (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn) Obviously, the public does not run around in clown shoes or wears wigs and silly clothes. Thus, clowns are not normal in any way, and the opposite of normal, is weird.

Own Contentions
1. Clowns are weird for many reasons. They wear gigantic shoes, have red noses, silly costumes, white make-up, fake wigs, and other bizarre equipment. As I have previously stated, if they were normal, they would go with the public. However, they are still out on the streets preaching their wild "clown acts" and asking for money in return. They even act out in the public and you can obviously see the differences.

2. All Movies Written About Killer Clowns are Probably Based on True Stories. In all seriousness, there was probably at one time or another a heroin-addicted clown named Shakes who was also, strangely, Bob Goldthwait. And what else happens in Derry, Maine if not for a child-killing clown named It? But perhaps no movie was more scarring to the reputation of clowns than the 1988 classic Killer Klowns from Outer Space, a likely true story about puke-inducing alien clowns with pointy teeth and evil eyes who trap their victims in cotton candy cocoons.

3. Who in the world laughs a clown? Seriously, have you ever heard a normal, mentally sane person emit a laugh that sounds like their starting the engine of a Model T car? No, really, other than Goofy – who is a 6 foot tall animated Disney Dog who wears pants.

I look forward to the response. I think.
frenchmoose

Con

-jees such a long speech -_-.. oh well-

-"Obviously, the public does not run around in clown shoes or wears wigs and silly clothes."- How to say... clown shoes are just shoes, yes people do wear wigs, and wether the cloths clowns wear is silly or not is an opinion of the viewer.. As a matter of fact, this entire debate is 100% opinion O.o.. Clowns can be weird,funny,stupid,freaky,normal and any other variety of words used to describe others. I could say more but ill hold off.-

-"clowns are not normal in any way"- They have 2 legs, they have 2 arms, they dress in shoes, pants and, shirt, they eat, they sleep, they breathe (which is completely unhealthy), etc. The last thing to say to this statement is... O RLY!-

-"Clowns are weird for many reasons. They wear gigantic shoes, have red noses, silly costumes, white make-up, fake wigs, and other bizarre equipment."- Shoes are shoes.. a grown mans pair of shoes would look abnormally big to a child.. does that mean that the grown man is weird? Costumes are worn by actors for stage performances and many other reasons; but I guess there all weird too. Wow I don't need to explain make-up enough people wear it :P.-

-"As I have previously stated, if they were normal, they would go with the public"- Most clowns are paid to do what they do.. act in front of a big crowd for the same entertainment that you or I would go to a movie or a play for.. also they do go out into public; you even said so yourself with them in the streets. They do have lives :P (normal ones at that).-

-"All Movies Written About Killer Clowns are Probably Based on True Stories. In all seriousness, there was probably at one time or another a heroin-addicted clown named Shakes who was also, strangely, Bob Goldthwait." They would be called "murderers" you know the kind of people even some of the "normal" people are... I think that covers that whole paragraph.-

-"Who in the world laughs a clown? Seriously, have you ever heard a normal, mentally sane person emit a laugh that sounds like their starting the engine of a Model T car? No, really, other than Goofy – who is a 6 foot tall animated Disney Dog who wears pants."- I urge you to go listen to one of the worlds famous beat boxers and then come back here to talk about "strange emitted noises.-

- I look forward to my opponents response-
XStrikeX

Pro

Wow! Some actual points from the frenchmoose! :D Alright, let's get to business.

"Clown shoes are just shoes." http://weeksaway.files.wordpress.com...
This website I just posted shows a typical pair of clown shoes. You can observe that they are clearly not the type of shoes a regular person off the street would wear. The ends extend out longer than regular shoes and have a huge gigantic curve. Most shoes do not change in their sizes through the shoe parts.
"People do wear wigs." Well, yeah, this is pretty obvious, but not the kind of wigs that clown fashion demands. http://images.buycostumes.com...
This picture shows the head of a clown. As you can see, clowns can contain rainbow colored wigs and various other types of bizarre, wacky colorful wigs. So overall, true, people do wear things that clowns wear, but what the clowns wear are extremely exaggerated. And since their clothes don't correspond to the general public (the definition I gave of normal previously), they're not normal, which means they're abnormal, AKA weird.

"I urge you to go listen to one of the worlds famous beat boxers and then come back here to talk about "strange emitted noises." Okay, not the entire public is part "famous beat boxer." And even then, the sounds they make can be just as strange as clowns, but that's irrelevant. If you dragged someone off the street, he would not laugh like a clown, and once again, there is the definition of normal.

Normality depends on your actions and movements. Some normal people can become weird and abnormal, by choosing to commit an action such as murder, like you said, and can separate themselves from the normal public. So thus, the weird killed clowns have become even more weird.

I look forward to the next round.
frenchmoose

Con

-"Wow! Some actual points from the frenchmoose"- orly?-

-"This website I just posted shows a typical pair of clown shoes. You can observe that they are clearly not the type of shoes a regular person off the street would wear"- But yet clowns wear them and (as we all know) they are people too therefore people do wear "clown" shoes (which are just shoes anyway).. just not the majority...-

-"Most shoes do not change in their sizes through the shoe parts."- On the soles of most shoes you will see that shoes do change shape for certain parts.. the center (where your arch is) is almost always thinner then the front side or back side of the shoe.-

-"Well, yeah, this is pretty obvious, but not the kind of wigs that clown fashion demands."- A wig is a wig whether it look funny or not, and people do wear wigs so..-

-"And since their clothes don't correspond to the general public (the definition I gave of normal previously), they're not normal, which means they're abnormal, AKA weird."- Lets compare for a second.. I could take and put into a room:

-one so called "gangster" (with their baggy as all heck cloths)-
-one businessman (with their suits and what not)-
-and one clown

-Now if we were to compare these 3 people we would find that they are all different in the way they dress. Based on what your telling me, anyone who dresses differently from the general public is "weird" when in fact everyone from the general public dresses differently and act's differently from one another.-

-Saying someone is weird because they wear different cloths and act differently is just ignorant.. because everyone dresses differently from one another in the general public, there is not just one trend that dominates over all others. Diversity is good.-

-My opponent states in response to my beat boxer statement "the sounds they make can be just as strange as clowns, but that's irrelevant."- I would like to know how this is irrelevant.. you stated that clowns laugh is a weird noise when everyone in the world can laugh.. meanwhile we have people making insane noises with there vocals to simulate what to some people can only be made with machinery.-

-"Normality depends on your actions and movements."- Not everyone in the world acts the same.. there is a mass diversity on how people act and to each of those people, the way that they act as individuals is what they call normal.-

-Normal is a word that to what it means is based on what you believe. My definition of normal could be playing video games all day while yours could be playing sports all day.. if we met we would call each other weird.-

- Vote for con-
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
Indeed, they are sad clowns.
Posted by 1stLordofTheVenerability 6 years ago
1stLordofTheVenerability
"Wow I don't need to explain make-up enough people wear it :P.-"

He has a point. Have you ever seen a Goth? :P They're poor imitations of the clown. ; )
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
XstrikeX, this time you've been truely powned
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
And perhaps clowns have malformed feet.
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
Go to. Not GoHo to.
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
GoHo to spencers or hot topic. Ask the cashier if he/she is a clown, as they typically have vibrantly colored (red, purple, green, blue etc. ) hair. And may I add it's their actual hair, not a wig. And am I reading correctly, did you suggest murderers are but weird???
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
Wait, woops, there's no more rounds. Just ignore that little end there
Posted by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
Possibly then, this debate is mute?
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
irrational* sorry
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
Actually, i do have an irration hatred and I am deathly afraid of clowns since I was a baby.
Vote Placed by debateboy 6 years ago
debateboy
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by AntibacterialSpray 6 years ago
AntibacterialSpray
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by Marauder 6 years ago
Marauder
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by Batmon 6 years ago
Batmon
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by sidobagga 6 years ago
sidobagga
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by arethusa668 6 years ago
arethusa668
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by Moistcabbage 6 years ago
Moistcabbage
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied
Vote Placed by tmoney226 6 years ago
tmoney226
XStrikeXfrenchmooseTied