Debate123
tennis47

Co- Ed Professional Teams

Started: 12/12/2012 Category: Sports

Debate123

Pro

I believe that women and men should be able to play against and with each other on professional sports teams.

I look forward to seeing who my opponent is! May the best one win!!!
tennis47

Con

Heyyyy...........I accept! ;)
Debate123

Pro

Debate123 forfeited this round.
tennis47

Con

I don't mean to be sexist, but sometimes men can be more aggressive than women while playing sports, or just in general.

Besides, we already have different teams for both genders, and if there are 2 teams, then there is a better chance of getting on the team.

:)
Debate123

Pro

I don't know who you are, but I appreciate your kindness and respect. Anyway, I believe that women can be more agressive than men at times. I truly respect the person who allowed women in the military. Women and men should be able to play with and against each other.
tennis47

Con

Like I said before, I don't mean to be sexist. But there are lots of disadvantages out on the field......

Some teams have a hard time finding the required number of players from the opposite sex to be on the field and end up loosing the game by default because of that.
When Co-ed teams don"t have enough players of a specific sex to rotate from, the few players available are obliged to play a lot and are sometimes very tired by the end of the game and the team in question suffers from that.
Most men who are usually faster and stronger than women can be frustrated to slow down when they face women and end up not enjoying and expressing themselves fully.
Some women can be frustrated for not being taken seriously during the game by some men who are afraid to hurt them or overpower them.
The fact that Co-ed players try to be gentle to each other can affect the game in a negative way and some players might end up not enjoying the game as they would love to.
Injuries that occur between weaker and stronger players from opposite sex can be dangerous.
The potential attraction from players of opposite sex can sometimes create conflicts and jealousy from other players that can affect the game negatively

So, we also already have different teams. Why can't we just stick with that?
Debate123

Pro

Round 4:

This is just a summary of what we said:

I believe that women and men should be on the same teams. Maybe not professional, but possibly college and high school (WOOT! WOOT!) should have co-ed teams. Thank you for accepting the debate and may the best person win!! Have a wonderful Xmas, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, post Hannukah, or whatever you celebrate!
tennis47

Con

I also agree that High schools and colleges should have co-ed teams, but remember, guys, that the subject of the debate was supposed to be co-ed PROFESSIONAL teams, and Pro gave up on that subject, so don't I win?

Vote Con, guys! :)