Webmaster25
the_Beast

CoD: WaW is better than CoD 4

Webmaster25

Pro

CoD 4 was a good vacation from WWII, but WWII is what Call of Duty originated as.

Moving on to my points:

1.The weapons/perks of modern warfare 1 have brought a plague upon Call of Duty...
a. the M16
b. martyrdom
c. frag x3

2. The players are too aggressive...
a. MLG jerks
b. makes people hate each other over a VIDEOGAME!!!

3. CoD: WaW is rather educational...
a. major turning points of the pacific theatre
b. morale hardships
c. brutality
the_Beast

Con

Warning i debate sloppy.

moving on to my points.

1: my opponent stated: "CoD 4 was a good vacation from WWII, but WWII is what Call of Duty originated as."
while this may sound accurate, it is not. the call of duty franchise is based entirely on war, the tactics of war, and the weapons of war. so basically it is education to war.

2: this is not really a point but this whole debate depends on how we define "better than".

now to my counter-points.

1: my opponent stated: "The weapons/perks of modern warfare 1 have brought a plague upon Call of Duty..."
first of all this is an opinion. just because you don't like something different doesn't mean others don't. i for one like the idea of the new weapons and perks. i think its something new and although it may have some downsides they were just testing it out. i think you'll agree that they almost entirely fixed the problems in modern warfare 2. only a few people think the m16 or martyrdom is "noobish" but others can use it to their tactical success.

2: my opponent stated: "The players are too aggressive..."
one again that is an opinion and a stereotype. there may be a few people that get over-aggressive but that doesn't mean that all people who play cod 4 are aggressive. i find the overall cod 4 community to be friendly.

3: my opponent stated: "CoD: WaW is rather educational..."
i agree that cod: waw is educational when you take a break from the killing and watch the clips before each mission. if you did the same for cod 4 you would realize that it too is educational. it teaches you about the mistakes that cause war and the ways of dealing with it. it is also called modern warfare because of all the modern technology. if you play modern warfare 2 it greatly extends the modern technology and uses.either way you can learn a lot from playing.

thank you
Webmaster25

Pro

1: my opponent stated: "while this may sound accurate, it is not. the call of duty franchise is based entirely on war, the tactics of war, and the weapons of war. so basically it is education to war."

I did not say it was BASED on WWII, I said it ORIGINATED as WWII.

now to my counter-points.

1: my opponent stated: "first of all this is an opinion. just because you don't like something different doesn't mean others don't. I for one like the idea of the new weapons and perks. I think its something new and although it may have some downsides they were just testing it out. I think you'll agree that they almost entirely fixed the problems in modern warfare 2. only a few people think the m16 or martyrdom is "noobish" but others can use it to their tactical success."
What I'd like to point out is the fact that he said "I think its something new and although it may have some downsides they were just testing it out." This itself is an opinion. Also, he/she/it (don't say that fast) "only a few people think the m16 or martyrdom is "noobish" but others can use it to their tactical success." This is not an opinion, but a falsehood. If you are caught using the M16 or martyrdom and you are using "eavesdrop", you can hear the players calling you rather inappropriate words of description unless they don't have a mic, the mic is off, are in chat/party, or are using said weapon/perk.

2: my opponent stated: "one again that is an opinion and a stereotype. there may be a few people that get over-aggressive but that doesn't mean that all people who play cod 4 are aggressive.
I find the overall cod 4 community to be friendly." Every time I tried to play CoD 4, the lobbys were filled with "anal-orephus'". This may have to deal with luck, but my overall assumption is that they are *unpleasant word* holes.

3: my opponent stated: "I agree that cod: waw is educational when you take a break from the killing and watch the clips before each mission. if you did the same for cod 4 you would realize that it too is educational. it teaches you about the mistakes that cause war and the ways of dealing with it. it is also called modern warfare because of all the modern technology. if you play modern warfare 2 it greatly extends the modern technology and uses either way you can learn a lot from playing."
His/Her/It's first mistake was that they agreed with me. You never do that, ever. Second I shall point out that they said "if you did the same for cod 4 you would realize that it too is educational. it teaches you about the mistakes that cause war and the ways of dealing with it." This is a fictional game, the clips before the missions only explained the back story/current objective, and you don't know how the British Secret Air Service (S.A.S.) or the Marines (OORAH) would deal with a situation. They were made as individual people that can change history, the reason I call WaW eduactional is because it deals with historical facts that can't be changed.
the_Beast

Con

obviously we are using the term "better than" to describe the gameplay of both games.

my opponent's first counter point completely proves the fact that his point is an opinion. its like saying that if your good with a pistol and you use it a lot but everyone else sucks with it, they should just call you a noob and shun you forever.

my opponent's second counter point is entirely based on his experiences and "assumptions" and not fact therefore it holds no power.

my opponent stated: "I shall point out that they said "if you did the same for cod 4 you would realize that it too is educational. it teaches you about the mistakes that cause war and the ways of dealing with it." This is a fictional game, the clips before the missions only explained the back story/current objective, and you don't know how the British Secret Air Service (S.A.S.) or the Marines (OORAH) would deal with a situation. They were made as individual people that can change history, the reason I call WaW eduactional is because it deals with historical facts that can't be changed."
if you can learn from something it is educational, therefore cod 4 is educational. you can learn much from it.

extra point: my opponent stated: "the reason I call WaW eduactional is because it deals with historical facts that can't be changed."
im sorry, i didnt realize nazi zombies was a historical fact that cant be changed.
Webmaster25

Pro

My... (for lack of better word) adversary stated: "my opponent's first counter point completely proves the fact that his point is an opinion. its like saying that if your good with a pistol and you use it a lot but everyone else sucks with it, they should just call you a noob and shun you forever."

As humorous as that sounds, Infinity Ward also stated they realise the M16 is overpowered and has no recoil and is trying to add it in an update, they just think more things are important. (aka Semi-auto nerfing (meaning ruining Marcus' fun w/ semi's (which is practically every gun :P)by controlling the rate of fire))

Also they said: "my opponent's second counter point is entirely based on his experiences and "assumptions" and not fact therefore it holds no power."

Right back at ya (:P)

My feeble-minded opponent (:P) said: "if you can learn from something it is educational, therefore cod 4 is educational. you can learn much from it."

That is like saying how in Ender's Game the radius of a blaster's shot is 2 inches, using fictional guesses for knowledge. The situation in many years to come may end up being the blaster is a 5 inch radius shot. And once said in Naruto "Wrong information is worse than no information at all. It can bring about the entire destruction of a village/nation."

Finally my opponent stated: "im sorry, i didnt realize nazi zombies was a historical fact that cant be changed."

You don't know that it isn't, look at all the information supporting it... Tunguska for example (but this has nothing to do with the idea, just thought I'd whoop you for defying me).

I'd like to conclude stating that CoD: WaW is better than CoD 4. The remaining facts supporting this are: The weapons/perks of Modern Warfare 1 have brought a plague upon Call of Duty & CoD: WaW is educational (and historically accurate (I don't mean Nambies smart a**)) Thank you for this debate and to everyone "Remember to put a condom on" Daniel... Finish it
the_Beast

Con

the_Beast forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by the_Beast 7 years ago
the_Beast
Webmaster25the_BeastTied