"Cogito, Ergo Sum." Makes since.

First round is for acceptance.

It begins!

ben671176 forfeited this round.

I didn't forfeit therefore I win?

Sorry, poor planning on Pros part caused FF. First week of Freshman is a little hectic.

Cogito, Ergo Sum.= "I think, therefore I am."

So my argument is not that if you think you are a god, you can shoot lightning bolts in mid air and have religious followers. But you would make up a way to basically make yourself a god like the Pharaohs. Also like how you see kids being 'adopted' by animals and they end going into those ways like crawling and literally acting like an animal.

If I believe I am Jesus and I claim to be Jesus, even if no one believes me, I can still think I am the savior. Even a cult in Texas claimed to be Jesus and actually caused quiet the trouble for the U.S. If you believe strongly in something and believe it to be strongly too even after the disapproval of others; that you still believe in it, it would be true. If you think you are human, you are a human. If you think you are a dog (through and through) even if you are not, you think it is, therefore you will try to remake yourself. If you are a man strongly thinking you are a women, then you will become a transgender and change your identity. Even if you started out as a man. Your mandom is now history.

I won't add much because I want to see what Con made.

So self-fulfilling prophecy of the fanatic, am I correct?

If so I counter with the nature of fanatical belief itself which is often groundless and often counter-intuitive. In the sense that a person believes they are a savior for instance very often in the madmen of the world they do no good, they offer no salvation, and of oft do the opposite. The broken standard for the nature of the claim removes the value of the fanatics "truth" regardless of what they believe.

I also counter with the nature of actuality versus behaviors. You are not human because you believe you are human but you are able to believe you are human and assess your own designation because you are. Your ability to choose the fluid roles in life differentiate sharply from the fanatical claim or the astronomical claim in that some things, such as belief that one is a canine, do not operate within the actuality of the situation.

In conclusion this is all signs of mental illness and in turn a showing of a failure of sensibility therefore undermining what pro speaks of as sensible by forcing it to be insensible by definition.

I am so sorry. But I don't feel like posting an argument because:

1. I am busy.

2. Since I am busy and not that smart, I won't be able to make good arguments.

This is convenient since preparations for this semester too will end my participation. My free time for such activities will greatly dwindle and I shall not even half the 15 ~ 30 minutes to play anymore, so I'll concede to you here and now. Congratulations on your victory.

Posted by ben671176 2 years ago
Good debate! :P
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
If you forfeited do you just want to not do this?
Posted by blackkid 2 years ago
Sure, I don't mind, you can win even. The joy for me lies in the activity not the outcome. As long as good points are made and some fun thoughts are had I'm happy. :p
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
The cogito again, eh? :P
Since I can't message you, I came here. I was going to ask if you would like to tie our "This Debate Exists" debate. I enjoyed it more than most other debates, and often winning/losing makes people act differently.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
I stink, therefore I spam!
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Thoughts do not equal consciousness. We are reacting on a magnificent level of processes that consciousness is merely observation - nothing more. If we were truly in power of our own mind, we'd come to ideas - ideas would not come to us.
Posted by AlternativeDavid 2 years ago
I believe that says "I think, therefore I am". I'm only starting Latin 2 in a few weeks, so I could be wrong.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Your resolution is unclear.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession and Forfeiture