claudioleone1
GenesisCreation

Coke Cola is better then pepsi

GenesisCreation
Started: 3/30/2012 Category: Economics

claudioleone1

Pro

Coca Cola is a much tastier drink as aposed to Pepsi .
reason for that is coca cola is a larger company and they have been makeing pop's since 1886 and has the more coca cola products sold each year rather then pepsi over all coca cola has more over all experiance in makeing there pop!
GenesisCreation

Con

Well, I generally stick to religion and social issues, but I like soda. So, I'm going to debate the merit of Pepsi-Cola.

Pepsi™ was invented in 1896, just ten years after Coca Cola™. My opponent declared a superior product based on longevity. Quite obviously, both companies can boast more than a century of experience.[1]

What Coca-Cola™ doesn't wish to share, is the ruthless price-gouging during the great depression. A 6 oz. bottle of Coca-Cola™ sold for a nickel.[2] The generous Pepsi™ brand sold 12oz for the same price. Hence the jingle:[1]

"Pepsi-Cola hits the spot / Twelve full ounces, that's a lot / Twice as much for a nickel, too / Pepsi-Cola is the drink for you."

During the onset of the war, the company president (Walter Mack) noted that the advertising campaign for soda-pop was racist, targeting largely white families. He initiated an all-black sales force to ensure the public knew:"Pepsi™ is for everyone."[1]

In 1975, Pepsi™ introduces the Pepsi™ challenge. An independent blind-taste study was done between Coca Cola™ and Pepsi™. The results heavily favored the Pepsi™ brand. Indeed, the product was simply better.[1,2]

Pepsi™ has garnered a national following, claiming sponsorship over the NFL, NHL, MLB and even the National Soccer league. While Coca-Cola™ presents itself as the "national" brand, Pepsi™ is the true American soda-pop. The soda can design says it all......Red,White and Blue.[1,2,3]

Over to you Pro....,

http://en.wikipedia.org... [1]
http://www.sirpepsi.com... [2]
http://en.wikipedia.org... [3]

claudioleone1

Pro

im not sure if my oponent has seen the new coke cola can but it is red and white and has a picture of a poler bear on the front of the can and that simble represents the (W.W.F) witch stands for (World Wildlife Fund).
Coca cola will be donateing 2 million dollers to presurve and save there naturial habatat .
here are some other stuff that coca cola represents .

Long history of sponsorships

The Coca-Cola Company is proud to have a long history of sponsoring major events, organizations and projects around the world.

Among our most well known sponsorships are American Idol, Apple iTunes, BET Network, NASCAR, NBA, NCAA, and the Olympic Games.

Get to know more about some of the most popular Coca-Cola sponsorships:

American Idol: Coca-Cola has been an official sponsor for all ten seasons of American Idol®, the number one-rated television phenomenon now airing Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX...
BET Network: Coca-Cola partnered with one of Black Entertainment Television's (BET) most popular properties -- 106 Park -- to bring the program to life...

NASCAR: Coca-Cola has been involved with stock car racing for more than 50 years and has been the official sparkling beverage of NASCAR since 1998. Its long-term partnership with NASCAR runs through the 2017 season... NBA: Sprite, the world's leading lemon-lime sparkling beverage, has been the Official Soft Drink of the National Basketball Association, (NBA) in the U.S. since 1994...

NCAA: Coca-Cola is an Official NCAA Corporate Champion, the Official Fan Refreshment of the NCAA and partner with the NCAA in a 13-year association...

Olympic Games: The Coca-Cola Company is proud to be the longest continuous corporate partner of the Olympic Games...

As you can see my oponent has clearly missed alot of coca cola's sponsers .

My oponent also stated that coca cola is more expensive this may be true. how ever it is the great taste thet keeps the coke lovers coming back for more .

that is all i have to say good luck in the voteing
GenesisCreation

Con

I thank my opponent for a unique debating opportunity.

Coca-Cola has sponsored a lot of U.S. Companies. You know what else they sponsored? Nazis! [1] Coca-Cola GMBH bottled a German version of their softdrink for the oppressive regime.

Pepsi sponsored a cancer research hospital that specializes in children. [2]

There is nothing left to be said. My opponent never attacked my arguments. He simply defended his soft-drink by listing a few sponsors. Looks like you forgot one... "Das Deutsche Reich und Coca-Cola!"(Yea...it's a Hitler reference.)

http://xroads.virginia.edu...; [1]
http://www.stjuderuns.org...; [2]
Posted by Anayansi 2 years ago
Anayansi
Pro had terrible spelling! Con had better arguments. Vote Con. Unfortunately, I cannot vote yet.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 2 years ago
frozen_eclipse
hey you guys should go vote on some of my debates....if your your up to it....lol
Posted by GenesisCreation 2 years ago
GenesisCreation
Link was dead. Here is the re-post.

http://xroads.virginia.edu...
Posted by GenesisCreation 2 years ago
GenesisCreation
I'm curious about something. How is Coca-Cola planning on preserving the Polar-Bear's natural habitat? Are they planning on creating more ice? I smell a scam. This is like that Solar Powered Flashlight I saw at Walmart.
Vote Placed by tarkovsky 2 years ago
tarkovsky
claudioleone1GenesisCreationTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con negates Pro's sponsorship tactics by showing that the history of such sponsorships doesn't imply good intention. Con wins.
Vote Placed by frozen_eclipse 2 years ago
frozen_eclipse
claudioleone1GenesisCreationTied
Reasons for voting decision: he just had sources ....its the only thing i could vote for
Vote Placed by airmax1227 2 years ago
airmax1227
claudioleone1GenesisCreationTied
Reasons for voting decision: These types of debates are always very difficult for the PRO to carry the BOP.. Both debaters did an excellent job, but I feel Con was able to make the stronger arguments, ultimately negating the resolution.