CalRed
AlphaTBITW

Coke not Pepsi

AlphaTBITW

CalRed

Pro

CocaCola is better than Pepsi.
Taste affects more areas in the mouth and is therefore a more enjoyable flavor.
Has a richer more interesting history .
Has better logo and branding.
Prettier color when held up to the light.
AlphaTBITW

Con

Pro is arguing that Coke is better than Pepsi.

My opponent makes the following arguments:

1. The taste of Coca Cola affects more areas in the mouth and is therefore more enjoyable.
2. Coca Cola has a richer and more interesting history.
3. Coca Cola has a better logo and brand.
4. Coca Cola has a prettier color when held up to the light.

I shall address each argument numerically:

1. Pro needs to provide sources to show that Coca Cola affects more areas in the mouth than Pepsi, and Pro also needs to show that the enjoyment of flavor is based upon the number of areas affected in the mouth.

2. Coca Cola does have a richer and more interesting history than Pepsi. However, the Nintendo Entertainment System also has a richer history than the XBOX One. This is not an important factor in determining which product is better than the other.

3. The look of a product as well as the entire experience of a product (branding, see source below) is subjective. Therefore, it cannot be used to show the betterness of Coca Cola. I can just as well say that Pepsi has a better logo and branding.

4. This is, again, a subjective argument. I can just as well say that Pepsi looks prettier, since a statement of beauty in this situation is subjective.

Pro has given us no good reason to think that Coca Cola is better than Pepsi

Vote Con

Source for definition of branding: http://gistbrands.net...
CalRed

Pro

Thanks Alpha for accepting. I agree with your positions, that my points are subjective. I suggest that everything is. I believe that most people subjectivly agree and that agreement is likely supported by each companiy's success in the market place. I suspect that if you don't prefer coke yourself for the reasons I stated, then you likely know more people that do prefer coke to Pepsi.
AlphaTBITW

Con

My opponent suggests that everything is subjective, therefore this issue is subjective. Fair enough.

He wishes to base the betterness of Coca Cola on the understanding that more people like Coca Cola than Pepsi. He has not given us a source for this basis.

Until my opponent sufficed his BoP, he has given us no good reason to accept his basis.

Vote Con.
CalRed

Pro

True, I have not sourced facts. Why should I? I can not prove the validity of these facts and if I could I can not count on the effective outcome on the perceptions of the voters. My leap of faith here assumes coke and Pepsi exist, that they exist similarly for other people. And that others experience them similarly . I am counting on those who vote existing and perceiving that they themselves prefer Pepsi as I suspect my opponent does as well due to non admittance. I call this the proof is in the pudding approach.
AlphaTBITW

Con

My opponent, having himself no argument for the subjective total of enjoyment in Coke vs subjective enjoyment in Pepsi, leaves you voters to make your decision based on your own feelings about Coca Cola or Pepsi.

However, this is a debate. This is neither an opinion nor is it a poll. Voters, vote for Pro if you feel that he has given enough good reasons which have been supported by credible sources in favor of his position. Vote for Con if you feel that he has not.

Thank You
Vote Placed by 8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA 1 year ago
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA
CalRedAlphaTBITWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con used Sources and all Pro's arguments are subjective unsubstantiated opinions whereas Con uses some solid facts. Pro hasn't met their burden of proof.
Vote Placed by BarbieSoFetch 1 year ago
BarbieSoFetch
CalRedAlphaTBITWTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro, Con was right about your opinionated statements in your first paragraph. Con, in the first and second argument you never said anything about Pepsi. You just criticized and critiqued. Never really saying anything about Pepsi, at least Pro gave some reasons based on experience.