Jabuticaba
bettabreeder

Coke (pro) vs pepsi (con)

Jabuticaba

Jabuticaba

Pro

I notice you had this debate, and I would very much enjoy to have the same debate as well. This is how the debate will go.

First round, you make your opening statements, and last round you say nothing but "thanks for the debate".

Accepting the debate, you are accepting the only rule established. Failure to comply to that rule will result in a 7 point loss.
bettabreeder

Con

My tastebuds tell me that Pepsi-Cola taste way better than Coke. Pepsi uses real sugar that what makes them ten more calories than Coke. Coke uses artiffical sweeters like Splenda and that stuff. Coke became more open to diebetics and people how can't take in the sugar so they use more of the Splenda stuff. Since Coke is using the Splenda is making them make less diet sodas for less money.
Pepsi thought is ranked higher than Coke in how much money they make. It might not seem like it because of like McDonald's selling all Coke products but satistics say that more people will buy Pepsi than Coke
Pepsi has spent over 2 million dollars in the past year will advertising. They host the Super Bowl haft time show and are more focaused on comercials. Pepsi got people like One Direction and Beyonce to be in the commericals. Pepsi will deffinally get all their money back after though!

DPS Dividend Yield Chart

s://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com...; alt="" />

https://www.google.com...

http://www.washingtonpost.com...
Jabuticaba

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate, I very much appreciate you for doing so. I would also like to mention that this debate applies only to the drinks, not other drinks in the company. However diet and different flavours of coke and Pepsi can be used.

REBUTTALS

"My tastebuds tell me that Pepsi-Cola taste way better than Coke."

This statement is both subjective, and wrong. Your preference for Pepsi is nothing but pure stubbornness. Your opinion is invalid. A recent experiment held these results:

"The experiment was a recreation of the Pepsi Challenge, except this time all the tasting was being done in a brain scanner. Each person swallowed sips of cola from a plastic tube while their brain was being scanned. When Coke and Pepsi were offered unlabeled, the subjects showed no measurable preference for either brand. " [1]

As you can see, no one had any mesurable preference, meaning they couldn't tell the difference between both drinks, because they were not given the label. Without knowing which one is which, you will realise they taste virtually exactly the same. Because of such, your opinion is not only subjective and invalid, but also inaccurate.

"Pepsi uses real sugar that what makes them ten more calories than Coke."

There is no proof supporting this. Furthermore, it does not make a difference. When drinking Pepsi, you admitted that there are more calories, and since they taste the same, you are drinking something even worst for your body then coke. So even though the sugar is "real" it is worst for your body, for the same taste.

"Pepsi thought is ranked higher than Coke in how much money they make. It might not seem like it because of like McDonald's selling all Coke products but satistics say that more people will buy Pepsi than Coke
Pepsi has spent over 2 million dollars in the past year will advertising. They host the Super Bowl haft time show and are more focaused on comercials. Pepsi got people like One Direction and Beyonce to be in the commericals. Pepsi will deffinally get all their money back after though!"

There is no proof supporting this either. My sources say that coca cola gains more money than pepsico. [2] And even if Pepsi made more money, subjectivity does not effect the superiority of the product.

ARGUMENTS

Healthier

Coca cola is much healthier. My opponent has already admitted to Pepsi having more calories, now let's compare their nutrition facts.

Coca cola:
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 can (12oz)
Amount Per Serving

Calories from Fat 0

Calories 140
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 45mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 39g 13%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 39g
Protein 0g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% Iron 0%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
[3]

Pepsi:

Learn about serving sizes.20 fl oz%DV*
Calories 250
-
Total Fat (g) 0 0
Sodium (mg) 55 2
Total Carbs (g) 69 23
Sugars (g) 69

[4]

As you can see, coke is much healthier. There are much less calories, less sodium, less carbs and less sugars. They have the same taste, as I have a proved, yet coke is healthier. Also there are coke zero, which has no calories at all, making it even healthier. Since they have the same taste, and coke is healthier, it is obvious that coke is better.

Greater variety

Coke has a greater variety of options, including zero and diet coke. Pepsi only has diet. They both also have many other things such as flavours, but these are difficult to access. Diet and zero coke are easy to get, and so is Pepsi and diet Pepsi. As you can see however, coke has more products, thus more variety, giving people a choice on what they want. Pepsi only has 2 options.

I have proved that Pepsi and coke taste the same, and that coke is healthier. Furthermore, it has greater variety, making it better for consumers. It also makes more sales. So it is obvious that coke is better than Pepsi.

1.http://www.wired.com...
2.http://www.reuters.com...
3.http://www.fatsecret.com...-(12-oz)
4.http://www.pepsicobeveragefacts.com...
bettabreeder

Con

Variety

Pepsi has more than one options including Next, One, Throwback, Diet. Pepsi makes also more drinks to like Serra Mist, Cheerwine, Mountian Dew, Aquafina. Pepsi also makes snackfoods like Quacker Oats, Lays chips and Doritos etc.

Pepsi
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Serving (340 g)
Per Serving% Daily Value*

Calories 150

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g0%

Sodium 30mg1%

Potassium 14.19mg0%

Carbohydrates 41g14%

Sugars 41g

Protein 0g

Read more: Calories in Pepsi - Pepsi | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com...

Coke
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 8 fl oz (240 g)
Per Serving% Daily Value*

Calories 95

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0g0%

Sodium 30mg1%

Carbohydrates 26.4g9%

Sugars 26.4g

Protein 0g

As you can see that they both got a D+ grade on the site I used. They gave Coke lower calories and Pepsi another hundred Calories but lets just understand that they are both not the best, even if one has less calories they are both unheathy without moderation.

Conclution
I have proved that even if Coke is heathier than Pepsi they are not the best things to have without moderation and Pepsi does have variety in their products.

Read more: Calories in The Coca-Cola Company - Coca-Cola classic | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com...

http://www.pepsico.com...
Jabuticaba

Pro

I would like to remind that this debate is about the 2 drinks, Coca cola and pepsi. I would like to point out that this debate is about which drink taste better, we aren't talking about other products in the brand. If it was like that, it would be "Coke vs Pepsico" since this is only about the 2 main drinks, coca cola and pepsi, other items such as doritos may not be considered.

Rebuttals

"Pepsi has more than one options including Next, One, Throwback, Diet. Pepsi makes also more drinks to like Serra Mist, Cheerwine, Mountian Dew, Aquafina. Pepsi also makes snackfoods like Quacker Oats, Lays chips and Doritos etc."

As I have already mentioned, only the drink pepsi may be considered. Pepsi only has classic and diet, Coca cola has diet and zero.

"As you can see that they both got a D+ grade on the site I used. They gave Coke lower calories and Pepsi another hundred Calories but lets just understand that they are both not the best, even if one has less calories they are both unheathy without moderation."

It doesn't matter however. Yes, both should be in moderation, however even in moderation, Coke is healthier, and has less calories. You can even get coke zero, which still taste the same, and has virtually no calories. Since this is possible, and both drinks taste the same, then why have the more unhealthy one for the exact same pleasure?

"I have proved that even if Coke is heathier than Pepsi they are not the best things to have without moderation and Pepsi does have variety in their products."

You have admitted coke is healthier, so it doesn't matter even in moderation, coke is healthier. I have proved that pepsico has various products, however their main product (pepsi) only has 2 easily acceptable products. My oppoenent has rebutted my arguments, however he has also agreed with me. I have proved coke is healthier, and that pepsi only has 2 easily accesable varieties, whearas coke has 3. Since I proved my opponent's rebuttals false and irrelevant, and he has not demonstrated any argument to which why the drink pepsi is superior to the drink coke. Because of such, my argument stands.
bettabreeder

Con

You have proved your point that Coke is heathier and a better drink than Pepis. I Think this debate is now closed.
Jabuticaba

Pro

Is that a concession I hear?
Sounds like it to me, loud and clear.
Pass the winds, threw the stars,
In your ears!

No really, is that a concession? Just asking.
bettabreeder

Con

well yeah you won!
Jabuticaba

Pro

Oh, in that case, yayz. Thank you very much for the fun respectful debate, and the concession, I very much enjoyed this debate. I urge voters to give my opponent points for conduct for the respectful concession.
bettabreeder

Con

I enjoyed debating with you too, I hope you win for how you debated!
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Geogeer
JabuticababettabreederTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wins, con conceded.