Yonko
debate-master1

Cold Weather vs. Hot Weather

Yonko
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

Yonko

Pro

I thought this might be a fun debate to do, given that my favorite season of the year (winter) is approaching.

I affirm that on balance, cold weather is preferable to hot weather. Burden of proof is shared, so Con negates the resolution by affirming the opposite -- that hot weather is preferable to cold weather.

The debate is impossible to accept.
Accepting without permission will result in an automatic loss for Con.
Apply in the comments section if interested.

Cold weather is defined as being within the temperature range of 10 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hot weather is defined as being within the temperature range of 80 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.

The standard for preferability is up for debate, but arguing that no such standard objectively exists is prohibited.

Good luck & have fun !
debate-master1

Con

I accept. Arguments in the next round.
Yonko

Pro

My argument is very simple. Obviously, everyone has subjective preferences as to which type of weather they feel more comfortable in. However, cold weather is objectively superior because anyone -- regardless of their subjective preferences -- can easily take measures to make themselves relatively comfortable in it. Even if you are averse to chilly conditions, you can still deal with cold weather by putting on a jacket, wearing protective garments (gloves, socks, etc), using a blanket, or cuddling with whoever happens to be nearby (jk). This is not the case with hot weather. If you don't enjoy sweating and it's hot outside, you're screwed. There is no limit to the number of layers you can put on, but there IS a limit to how many you can take off. Even with the lightest possible clothing, many people (including me) still feel uncomfortable in hot weather. The best we can do to adapt is fan ourselves with whatever we have at hand. Because it is far easier to adjust to cold weather than to hot weather, cold weather is objectively preferable.
debate-master1

Con

debate-master1 forfeited this round.
Yonko

Pro

Extend -_-
debate-master1

Con

debate-master1 forfeited this round.
debate-master1

Con

debate-master1 forfeited this round.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
fine
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
I still want to be hot. weather though.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
u can debate me if u want
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Both Yonko and debate-master closed here accounts. And I'm stuck without a someone to debate...
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
Actually you are not screwed because you can go swimming, I love the hot weather because I don't have to worry about my car sliding on ice that is on the road. If I am in cold weather no matter how many layers I put on I am still cold, also in winter my tan that comes very easy disappears. Plus people are more likely to get sick in winter than they are in summer.
Posted by selena16 1 year ago
selena16
How come no one challenges me?
Posted by Yonko 1 year ago
Yonko
Yes, I know. I'm gonna challenge you.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Yonko, Con's account is closed. The debate will go nowhere now. You will have to make a new debate.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Nah, go debate him. I won't mind.
Posted by Yonko 1 year ago
Yonko
Sorry, Rami.

I want the most challenging opponent possible, and that would seem to be debatemaster.

If you really want to do this debate, though, I can make another challenge and send it to you.
Vote Placed by Zanomi3 1 year ago
Zanomi3
Yonkodebate-master1
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Full Forfeit, therefore points to Pro.