Yonko
Rami

Cold Weather vs. Hot Weather

Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: Select Winner

Yonko

Pro

My last attempt at this debate got botched by a full forfeit, so let's try again...
(http://www.debate.org...)

I affirm that on balance, cold weather is preferable to hot weather. Burden of proof is shared, so Con negates the resolution by affirming the opposite -- that hot weather is preferable to cold weather.

Cold weather is defined as being within the temperature range of 10 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hot weather is defined as being within the temperature range of 80 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.

The standard for preferability is up for debate, but arguing that no such standard objectively exists is prohibited.

Good luck & have fun !
Rami

Con

I thank Con for choosing me, and I hope this will be a exciting debate. I do not mind if Pro just copies and pastes his first argument from his last debate on this subject.
Yonko

Pro

My argument is very simple. Obviously, everyone has subjective preferences as to which type of weather they feel more comfortable in. However, cold weather is objectively superior because anyone -- regardless of their subjective preferences -- can easily take measures to make themselves relatively comfortable in it. Even if you are averse to chilly conditions, you can still deal with cold weather by putting on a jacket, wearing protective garments (gloves, socks, etc), using a blanket, or cuddling with whoever happens to be nearby (jk). This is not the case with hot weather. If you don't enjoy sweating and it's hot outside, you're screwed. There is no limit to the number of layers you can put on, but there IS a limit to how many you can take off. Even in the lightest possible clothing, many people (like me) still feel uncomfortable in hot weather. Because it is far easier to adjust to cold weather than to hot weather, cold weather is objectively preferable.
Rami

Con

Pro's argument consisted that since it is easier to adjust to colder weather then hotter weather, cold weather is objectively better. If I prove that people tend to like warmer weather better than colder weather, Pro's argument is invalid. I intend to do just that.

Argument 1: Human settlements

The Earth's poles (North Pole, South Pole) are very cold. They aren't permanently populated at all. The equator of the Earth is much hotter, and lands surrounding the equater are much more populated.

Argument 2: barbeque

If you were in a certain temperature extreme, you wouldn't want to eat something of the temperature extreme, right? You would do the opposite, as shown that hot chocolate is popular in the winter and ice cream or lemonade in the summer. But in summer there is an exception: Bareques. You would eat hot dogs and hamburgers in the summer at a barbecue. The contrary to this is not true: people eat cold food in the winter. I'm sure many voters will find it unusual to eat ice cream.

I will admit there are a few times in our lives where we did eat something cold in the winter. But this pales in comparison to the amount of barbecues in the summer.

That's it for now. I again thank Pro for this debate.
Yonko

Pro

Yonko forfeited this round.
Rami

Con

My opponent has forfeited the round. I have nothing to rebut here.
Yonko

Pro

Yonko forfeited this round.
Rami

Con

Sigh. Yonko's DDO account has been closed, so I win by default. Sigh.
Posted by Max.Wallace 1 year ago
Max.Wallace
When you look at the globe and where there is massive overpopulation, it is in the hottest areas. How the hell do they get horny when it's 130 degrees, and manage to pump out so many third world babies?