Capitalistslave
Nuevo

Cold(pro) versus Hot(con) areas to live in

Capitalistslave

Pro

I argue that living in a cold place is better than a hot place. Here are my reasons why:

1) It's easier to get comfortable with the cold than the heat. For example, you can always put on more layers of clothing in the cold. With heat, the most you can do is basically a swimsuit(since most places don't allow public nudity), but even then, if public nudity was legal, then you'd just be nude. Even when nude, 100 degrees fahrenheit(37.7778 Celsius) or higher would still feel uncomfortable. There's nothing you can do about it other than use air conditioning. However, with cold, you don't necessarily need a heater, as you can just pile on layers of clothes. Since our bodies are warm-blooded, we produce heat ourselves, so all we need is something to trap that heat(clothes). The fact we are warm-blooded makes it worse for heat though. If we were cold-blooded, then, and only then, would heat be better than cold
2) It's fun to play in snow. Cold means we you could get snow, and it can arguably be said that you can have a great time with snow, whether it's skiing, snowboarding, building snowmen, having a snowball fight, or whatever. There's nothing that comes from heat that is fun to play with. Sure, you could say it's good for surfing, but you could still surf in cold weather, albeit it may not be as good, it's still possible. Whereas in heat, it's literally impossible to snowboard or ski, as there is no snow.
Nuevo

Con

I will be arguing the notion that hot places are better to live in than cold places. My setting will be just a hot, not dry, not drought-stricken environment. As for Pro, I see he has already given his snow-laced paradise. So, I presume you are going to debate with the said setting. I hope to have a fun debate!
Capitalistslave

Pro

Well, since my opponent didn't offer any main arguments in round 1, and I did, to make things fair, I will not offer any arguments in this round
Nuevo

Con

Arguments:

It's easier finding ease from heat.

Pro asserts that it's easier fighting cold because we can just cover ourselves with clothes. Note that this privilege can never be put in a general sense. Beggars would find it hard finding clothes and will eventually end up freezing to death. Moreover, it's hard for them to find fire for they will be shunned away by people who share a certain source of warmth. In a hot environment, people can get away from direct sunlight by hiding in shadowy places. Umbrellas, caps, using fans, going inside commercial establishments, wearing thin type of clothes lessen the feeling of heat. People who live by the coast experience the routine seabreeze that cools their community. Albeit not too massive to prevent heat, swimming pools, open beaches, and resorts, by the coast or in the center of the city, alleviate discomfort from heat.

Heat as a necessity

Pro provided his winter setting and there was no objection about my presumption so this makes it official. The setting has the ubiquitous snow everywhere, thick and low temperature, iced bodies of water, etc. Vitamin D is essential for growing kids and growing tummies of pregnant women. Devoid of vit. D, children and newborns suffer rickets, a bodily deformation that deprives children of normal lives. Trees will die due to less sunlight and water. Fruits would cease to exist, grass will wither, animals won't have food but themselves and this would cause such havoc. Without trees, we couldn't produce paper; a meager material that gives large significance to government, school and business.

Rebuttals:

Pro says it's more fun playing in the cold. Remember, fun is a feeling and these emotions are inherently subjective. And even though we can ski, and make snow angels, swimming, beach volleyball, surfing, boating, and other watersports would be erased.

I affirm my resolution.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Nonetheless, you also chose to rebut my arguments, even though you knew I would have no opportunity to rebut yours.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Well, no, it would make sense to make your arguments in round 1 because I did. Even if I didn't provide a lot of evidence, I still made arguments, so it would make sense to still make your arguments in round 1
Posted by Nuevo 1 year ago
Nuevo
It was never a violation of conduct. And if you expected me to have my opening arguments on R1, you should've made it convincing and oozing with preponderance of evidence. But, you hadn't, and you missed to clarify your rules so I just made my remarks as everyone would in R1. It's your gap, not mine.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Actually thinking about it, it might still be a violation of conduct to have done what you did... I'm not sure. I mean, voters could definitely make the case that what you did was unfair to me since I was unable to rebut your arguments but you could do mine. If anything, that should mean they should vote for me for conduct at least.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Well, I wasn't able to offer rebuttal to your arguments, I was hoping you would post your arguments in round 1 to give me an opportunity to rebut your arguments. You were at an advantage because you did that. I should have made it a rule that you needed to post your main arguments in round 1. Because, now you were able to rebut my statements and offer reasons for your own argument without me being able to rebut your statements. It seems a little unfair.

Either I should have made a rule that you needed to post your arguments in round 1, or I should have said you can't rebut anything said by me and you have to present your own arguments.

I won't be surprised if voters now vote for you, because you put an at an unfair advantage

But yes, Canada is not the only place in the world, I'm sure people also surf in Russia and other cold places.

As for beggars, I suppose that would be a problem, but beggars are not the majority of people. I think majority of people can afford to get warm clothes. In fact, it's cheaper to get warm clothes than it is to get air conditioning, at least it seems that way. Beggars would also not be able to do much in hot weather. Even if they stay in the shade, they would still be subject to heat stroke. The shade is only so much cooler. Really, the beggar argument would apply to both cold and hot areas.
Posted by Nuevo 1 year ago
Nuevo
Canada's not the only place in the world, canadians' are not the only people. It would be okay for them but for others? We can never tell. It wouldn't be the same again. Beach volleyball with clothes? Absurd. And even if sports organizations will put regulations about compulsorily wearing thick clothes, how about the beggar argument? The paper? The rickets? The easy fought battle against heat? It's already palpable, bro.
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
Nuevo: actually, I don't think you'd need to wear thick clothes. A wetsuit should suffice for a lot of cold temperatures.

Surfing, for example, takes place a lot in Canada still, despite it being cold there: https://en.wikipedia.org...

As you can see, those pictures show them wearing wetsuits.
Posted by Nuevo 1 year ago
Nuevo
Yes, it could be played but since cold weather is perpetuated, beach volleyball wouldn't be the same, surfing wouldn't, swimming wouldn't, surfing wouldn't. Remember, these sports are played in a warm or hot set-up and players show their skin. Since, there's cold weather, they'd be forced to wear clothes. And that idea would just not fit right with these sports. Imagine, a surfer wearing thick clothes. Hilarious :D
Posted by Capitalistslave 1 year ago
Capitalistslave
As I pointed out round 1, you can still surf and do other things in cold weather. Swimming, beach volleyball, surfing, boating, and other watersports can still happen in cold weather as well. It just may not be as easy to do them, as you'd likely want to wear something that would keep your heat in, but it's still possible. It's literally impossible to do snow sports in hot weather.